Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David Moyes sacked

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Just heard the news. :( Devastated if it's true. Moyes needs at least another season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

CL7 wrote: »
    Just heard the news. :( Devastated if it's true. Moyes needs at least another season.

Sky News speaking about it as if it's all over. Next 24 hours the announcement will be made. I doubt if another season would make him a winner. If he stays, he'll have to literally get a new team in to play for him, as the ones currently there - far from not being good enough - simply don't rate him enough to fight and play for him. Plus his tactics seem laboured at best. I can't see how that's going to change in a season. That's my fear anyway. He just doesn't seem to have it about him at this level. But looks like that question will remain unanswered. I wonder where he will go after this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

The fact that it's being carried on respected news sites indicates that it's probably true. They don't generally run twitter rumors as news stories on The Guardian, Irish Times etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Sky news knows what time it is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Sky News speaking about it as if it's all over. Next 24 hours the announcement will be made. I doubt if another season would make him a winner. If he stays, he'll have to literally get a new team in to play for him, as the ones currently there - far from not being good enough - simply don't rate him enough to fight and play for him. Plus his tactics seem laboured at best. I can't see how that's going to change in a season. That's my fear anyway. He just doesn't seem to have it about him at this level. But looks like that question will remain unanswered. I wonder where he will go after this?

They will still need a new team, even if they sack Moyes. His treatment has been appalling and there is no amount of money that would compensate for that. The new manager will have to tread the lines carefully, not a job for the squeamish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    They will still need a new team, even if they sack Moyes. His treatment has been appalling and there is no amount of money that would compensate for that. The new manager will have to tread the lines carefully, not a job for the squeamish.

What an absolute load of ****e. IF this is an attempt at trolling its a pretty **** one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Goal.com reporting Giggs will be manager until end of season and Moyes plus main backroom team will all be sacked.

Yeah, uh, goal.com but still :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mr.Micro wrote: »

Lol. And lol again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Only one man to blame and that is Ferguson they should have got a big.European name in and he should been told stay away for a few years and let the.new manager get on with the job but with an ego the size of an elephant that was never going to happen

Ferguson should carry a good chunk of the blame as the squad he left to Moyes was ageing and lacking in quality really.

Any new manager in will be seeing a big clear out that can't all happen at once. The clas of 92 was the best slice of luck Ferguson ever had. He had the backbone of a squad in them and only needed to add a player or two every so often to them over the years.

Now the squad looks like needing an overhaul in defence and midfield while in attack Rooney and Mata are the highlights with Januazji but there is a lot of weaknesses there too.

With only ther league and domestic cups to focus on next year the squad will not need the same size so hopefully the clear out can happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

BlwX3NDCcAA659g.jpg

slingerz wrote: »
    Ferguson should carry a good chunk of the blame as the squad he left to Moyes was ageing and lacking in quality really.

Another bs argument. He left him an 8 point title winning squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

11, actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

His whole post is bollix tbh.

Couldn't be arsed to reply as I'm sure he's either not serious or deluded.

blueser wrote: »
    11, actually.

I was going to stick and old (?) after 8 but it just further adds to the point

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

It's official i35zv63.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'm strangely happy for United fans, they've had to endure a rotten season of turgid awful ****e.

But I'm gutted.
    It was too good to last.

United still have some good players and loads of money, with the right manager tthey'll be back next season. Bad news.
    A day that will live long in the memory as a sad one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Six pages in and the ****e jokes continue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Be funny if United's share price went up after his sacking :D

Six pages in and the ****e jokes continue

I havent seen any maize jokes yet? are you ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Hello_MrFox

Can some one answer a question for me?

So obviously Moyes hasn't had a good season and you would think there is a strong possibility that he would/will be sacked but how does this information get leaked from the club? As in right now it seems like an inevitability even though Utd themselves haven't said anything as far as i know. Is it just a case that it seems as if he has to be sacked now and the press start reporting it?

• Advertisement

7myvElr.png

Moyes is the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Disgraceful if true. After all the BS about " we are not Chelsea and give the manager time" it turns out they really aren't any different. The chosen one indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Eight Ball wrote: »
    Disgraceful if true. After all the BS about " we are not Chelsea and give the manager time" it turns out they really aren't any different. The chosen one indeed.

What would you do? Allow him to drag the club down for another year? Can you point to one single thing that makes you think he was capable? He was out of his depth. Lets forget and move on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

sea_monkey wrote: »
    7myvElr.png

Moyes is the best

What does that table show? Points per calendar year? Moyes was only in charge of United for 5 months in 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Disgraceful??? Lol :D
    United are a football club the same as any other, in fact he got more time than probably any other big club would have given him.
    The outrage from some people is hilarious :pac:

Trolls.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Terrible effort there

The fans gave him all the time they could but there comes a point when you have to face the music and realise when it's not going to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Chelsea sacked managers for not winning the Champions League. United are going to sack a manager for not qualifying for it for the first time in nearly 20 years. Bit why am I debating with you? Your posting history shows not 1 objective post towards United so good luck in your future endeavours.

What does that table show? Points per calendar year? Moyes was only in charge of United for 5 months in 2013.

Points in first 50 matches. they took into account CL matches for moyes as he hasnt been in charge of 50PL matches. its a stupid chart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

So obviously Moyes hasn't had a good season and you would think there is a strong possibility that he would/will be sacked but how does this information get leaked from the club?
    It can only be that staff at the club have started briefing against Moyes. He truly doesn't have a friend in the world.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    Chelsea sacked managers for not winning the Champions League. United are going to sack a manager for not qualifying for it for the first time in nearly 20 years. Bit why am I debating with you? Your posting history shows not 1 objective post towards United so good luck in your future endeavours.

Chelsea sacked their manager a few month after winning the Champions League.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

He was doing more harm then good at this stage tbh. He didn't have the chops for the job, live and learn. United are a top club with one of the best internal organisations in the world so I doubt they will be in trouble for too long. its bad news for supporters of other clubs as its always fun to see united fail, but the good times cant last forever :p

the whole thing has stunk of hodgsons time at liverpool. a decent manager out of his depth. I hope it doesnt effect his career as I believe moyes can be good for mid level clubs, villa or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Reekwind wrote: »
    It can only be that staff at the club have started briefing against Moyes. He truly doesn't have a friend in the world.
    It's the classic way of stabbing the manager in the back. The tried and trusted ''sources within the club'' route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

That reinforces my point further against his...

Liam O wrote: »
    That reinforces my point further against his...

I know I was agreeing with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I'm just surprised he lasted so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

sea_monkey wrote: »
    Points in first 50 matches. they took into account CL matches for moyes as he hasnt been in charge of 50PL matches. its a stupid chart.

It's a stupid comparison as well considering what he inherited versus what others inherited/built.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

United blathered on about giving him time, I don't call one season with a squad that needs an overhaul giving him time. Their dealings in the summer transfer window was nothing short of a joke and wasn't all down to Moyes apparently.
    Add to that the reports that the poor United players don't like to work as hard as Moyes required in training and he was on a hiding to nothing.
    Hope he stays :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

and going on that form, will utd get the real chosen one? ;)

still i said it, Moyes needed more time, it takes more than a year to build a team, and i wish PL teams would get that.

i think moyes problem was the players, it was always going to hard being the new guy, even harder considering the ego's in the premier league, at everton they respected him, it was clear the utd players showed him no respect and didn't perform as they would have with Fergie at the helm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Liverpool stuck with Souness for too long, when it was clear he was sending the club into reverse, sometimes sacking the manager is the right thing to do. Wenger won't be safe in his job if Arsenal miss out on the CL too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Liamalone wrote: »
    United blathered on about giving him time, I don't call one season with a squad that needs an overhaul giving him time. Their dealings in the summer transfer window was nothing short of a joke and wasn't all down to Moyes apparently.
    Add to that the reports that the poor United players don't like to work as hard as Moyes required in training and he was on a hiding to nothing.
    Hope he stays :)

It only needed some work, not a total rebuild from the ground. Least not until Moyes came in anyways. Mourinho with us for example would be doing about as well as he's doing with Chelsea, who also have a squad in something of transition with aging players needing replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

You'd wonder if (and when) he is sacked how he'll feel about it. Can't have been an easy time for him personally.

Also, it will be interesting to see Rooney's role at the club under a new manager. He holds more sway at Utd than Moyes does. It will be interesting to see how someone like Klopp will react to his influence at the club versus his performances on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Zico wrote: »
    Liverpool stuck with Souness for too long, when it was clear he was sending the club into reverse, sometimes sacking the manager is the right thing to do. Wenger won't be safe in his job if Arsenal miss out on the CL too.

that will never happen, as long as they are making profits and winning/qualifying for europe or something (Fa cup even) he'll be kept...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Moyes is exactly what Hodgson was to Liverpool. Totally out of his depth at that level, never should have gotten the job, and belongs at a club where he can construct a hard working team, that at best might make the Europa league places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

BMMachine wrote: »
    He was doing more harm then good at this stage tbh. He didn't have the chops for the job, live and learn. United are a top club with one of the best internal organisations in the world so I doubt they will be in trouble for too long. its bad news for supporters of other clubs as its always fun to see united fail, but the good times cant last forever :p

the whole thing has stunk of hodgsons time at liverpool. a decent manager out of his depth. I hope it doesnt effect his career as I believe moyes can be good for mid level clubs, villa or something
    Uh no thank you, we have already have our own angry Scot

• Advertisement

hoodwinked wrote: »
    that will never happen, as long as they are making profits and winning/qualifying for europe or something (Fa cup even) he'll be kept...

He would resign if he failed to make CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Zico wrote: »

Wenger is two seasons too long at Arsenal. By the time he goes from there the life will be sucked completely out of them. Board is equally to blame there though, they've sacrificed premiership titles for champions league qualification which is a sin for a club that size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Was never going to be easy for Moyes, no depth in that United squad. It's like Fergie did a massive shit in the toilet and Moyes is getting blamed for the smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

guy is the worst manager in the league mr magoo at fulham is even better

Not sure why you mentioned 3 time Bundesliga winning manager Felix Magath in the same post as "worst manager in the league" :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Whatever happens this is only a blip in the club. Its not like years ago when they could fall back into mediocrity and no one would care. One of the biggest clubs in Europe if not world football this will be corrected pretty quickly

• Advertisement
Advertisement