Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David Moyes sacked

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

gosplan wrote: »
    I'm not a Utd fan and obviously they'd have issues with him but he'd be good IMO.

Was arguing the other day that last year, he did every bit as well as Jose has done this year, only without spending 100 million and blaming everyone else.

I don't think he'd take Utd where they want to be but if you need a guy to spend a couple if years steadying the ship and changing the squad a bit, he'd be a good choice.

Just as well as Mourinho except for that bit where he has taken the runaway Premier League champions and plonked them in 7th, behind giants like Everton and Southampton. Meanwhile Mourinho's Chelsea are set to play in a Champions League semi final tomorrow and have had their most sustained crack at the Premier League since 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Just as well as Mourinho except for that bit where he has taken the runaway Premier League champions and plonked them in 7th, behind giants like Everton and Southampton. Meanwhile Mourinho's Chelsea are set to play in a Champions League semi final tomorrow and have had their most sustained crack at the Premier League since 2010.

Benitez plonked Chelsea in 7th? :confused:

Turtwig wrote: »
    Benitez plonked Chelsea in 7th? :confused:

No, that'd be Moyes and Man Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

He was talking about Benitez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Gosplan was referring to Benitez. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

coz rafa is gonna leave napoli for utd rgt now anyway ya ..lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

barone wrote: »
    coz rafa is gonna leave napoli for utd rgt now anyway ya ..lolz

Course he would dispute form United is one if the biggest jobs in football

It's a step up from Napoli and one Benitez would love id imagine

He isn't for United though

He was talking about Benitez

Ah that makes more sense, I had not the patience or care to read through that entire conversation and jumped in head first under the assumption that he was referring to David Moyes (which in my defence seems a fair assumption given the title of the thread). Though I will say that Mourinho has done a better short term job than Benitez and certainly our long term prospects under Mourinho are greater than they would have been under Benitez. That, however, is a debate for a different time and thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I might cause a meltdown with this question.... but how would United fans feel about appointing Rafa Benitez?

I could be wrong but I don't think Rafa would take the Utd job because of his ties to and love for Liverpool.

It's one thing for him to be interim manager of Chelsea, but Liverpool's bitter rivals? I couldn't see it happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

Utd wouldn't offer Benitez the job. I don't know why he's being mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

News expected in the next hour? Stock exchange closes at half 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Time is needed it's the utd way. Isn't that what we were all told :pac:

Fergiemustgo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

the very same rebuilding job ye utd fans have been discussing that moyes needed to do during his tenure now falls to the next man.. same problems will be there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Spotted at the Cty/Baggies game tonight;

_74360294_021990792-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

barone wrote: »
    the very same rebuilding job ye utd fans have been discussing that moyes needed to do during his tenure now falls to the next man.. same problems will be there..

No, we'll hopefully get a manager who knows what he's doing and gets the best out of the team, so no, the same problems will not be there, he'll be gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

scudzilla wrote: »
    No, we'll hopefully get a manager who knows what he's doing and gets the best out of the team, so no, the same problems will not be there, he'll be gone

Have to agree with this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Question: If Dzeko, Ageuro, Silva and Nasri can all play together why can't RVP, Rooney, Mata and Kagawa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Question: If Dzeko, Ageuro, Silva and Nasri can all play together why can't RVP, Rooney, Mata and Kagawa?

Squad rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Answer: yaya and fernandino; fletcher and carrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

10252153_660225804047483_7161811981079348313_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

2hec0lc.jpg

2utqm2q.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

2utqm2q.jpg

'How am I doing boss?'

'Great, everyone is blaming you and I look even better.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Ah that makes more sense, I had not the patience or care to read through that entire conversation and jumped in head first under the assumption that he was referring to David Moyes (which in my defence seems a fair assumption given the title of the thread). Though I will say that Mourinho has done a better short term job than Benitez and certainly our long term prospects under Mourinho are greater than they would have been under Benitez. That, however, is a debate for a different time and thread.

I get you.

All in all i think it's marginal between them, though you're defo correct about long term.

I just think that Rafa got a really really tough ride at Chelsea last year and by the end of the season, had them doing really well, against all odds. He has gotten f-all praise in the scheme of things for this.

Jose will get marginally more points than Rafa at this stage. Think they're on 75 now which was what they finished on last season. In his corner, he had a full pre-season, money to spend and a sht1load of goodwill, but he somehow gets a free pass in terms of being responsible for any poor results.

I really just think that Rafa showed a huge amount of character and quality to turn that around last year, ignore the billsh1t and get the team playing according to his plan. He really did a super job.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    'How am I doing boss?'

'Great, everyone is blaming you and I look even better.'

'Almost there son'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

The Telegraph are saying Nicky Butt will assist Giggs until the end of the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

So United's next manager?

"The next one"

"The other one"

"Another one"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Eight Ball wrote: »
    So United's next manager?

"The next one"

"The other one"

"Another one"

The right one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Giggs being hired full time would be extraordinary. The stuff dreams are made of. I could go for another year of lolling at Utd, has been most enjoyable! Shame it has to end.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Giggs being hired full time would be extraordinary. The stuff dreams are made of. I could go for another year of lolling at Utd, has been most enjoyable! Shame it has to end.

He's gonna come in, win the last three games with style and they'll give him the job.

14/1 earlier to get the job. Great price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

SAF retirement speech 12th May 2013

"I'd also like to remind you that when we had bad times here the club stood by me, all my staff stood by me, the players stood by me - your job now is to stand by our new manger. That is important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Now Now Lloyd

Have you not got enough on your plate with pandagate:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

dubmick wrote: »
    The Telegraph are saying Nicky Butt will assist Giggs until the end of the season

it just gets better and better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

According to James Ducker of The Times, Moyes will receive £4.5 million pay off equating to one year's salary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Love the offence and grudges people hold from other threads :pac:
    #humourthread4lyfe

Hilariously sad...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

According to James Ducker of The Times, Moyes will receive £4.5 million pay off equating to one year's salary.

Moyes even in his sacking can't negotiate a deal. Just give him Fellaini as payment

dubmick wrote: »

If there is a god.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

I thought it was just classless Chelsea that sacked their managers not a club with great history and tradition?Weird.

Giggs to come in and galvanise the team, win the final 3 matches and be given the job full time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

He's gonna come in, win the last three games with style and they'll give him the job.

14/1 earlier to get the job. Great price.

If you like I will give you 10/1 now that Giggs will be the next permanent United manager?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

SAF retirement speech 12th May 2013

"I'd also like to remind you that when we had bad times here the club stood by me, all my staff stood by me, the players stood by me - your job now is to stand by our new manger. That is important.

I'd argue that they stood by him longer than they should have. There's a difference between sticking to your word and doing so just to save face.

If United had stuck with Moyes any longer it may have caused irreparable damage. One season without Champions League is bad enough, not a disaster, it's retrievable providing they get back their next season, but any longer would be.

Get a proven winner in, give him £100m to spend on improving the defence and midfield, and make a challenge on the top four next season. Massive money for sure, but they need 4/5 players combined in those positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Giggs to come in and galvanise the team, win the final 3 matches and be given the job full time.

Also known as "doing a Ricky Sbragia."

Meglamonia wrote: »
    I thought it was just classless Chelsea that sacked their managers not a club with great history and tradition?Weird.

Na its Chelsea, Madrid, circus teams like that, that sack managers who have a degree of success or who get them close to success, losing CL finals, coming second in the league

Winning a double your first year, being fired after falling just short the second.

Those are the things classless clubs do.

You understand the difference now buddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

kryogen wrote: »
    Na its Chelsea, Madrid, circus teams like that, that sack managers who have a degree of success or who get them close to success, losing CL finals, coming second in the league

Winning a double your first year, being fired after falling just short the second.

Those are the things classless clubs do.

You understand the difference now buddy?

Thought he'd be given another season,seeing as Fergie said it's now your job to stand by the new manager..Wasn't Moyes' fault that the club failed to sign their targets during the summer.

Wouldn't call Real Madrid a classless club either "buddy" .

kryogen wrote: »
    If you like I will give you 10/1 now that Giggs will be the next permanent United manager?

What price is he now?

rarnes1 wrote: »

http://www.gospelgifs.com/art_pages_12/images/pray119.gif

Thought he'd be given another season,seeing as Fergie said it's now your job to stand by the new manager..Wasn't Moyes' fault that the club failed to sign their targets during the summer.

Wouldn't call Real Madrid a classless club either "buddy" .

Really?

So you do get the terminology then? Thats an improvement sure.

Madrid are a circus when it comes to managers, I would like to see you make a case for a counter point to that, really.

Do you think Fergie owns the club by the way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Chelsea sacked managers who won them multiple Premier Leagues, domestic doubles and the Champions League.

What Moyes did was turn the champions into Harchester United

What price is he now?

No idea tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Unearthly wrote: »
    Chelsea sacked managers who won them multiple Premier Leagues, domestic doubles and the Champions League.

What Moyes did was turn the champions into Harchester United

Ah now here...no-one was assassinated at the FA Cup Final.

• Advertisement
Advertisement