Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house - so stressed with this

Options
  • 21-04-2014 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Due to an inheritance tax of 18 grand im having to sell my house, my house is sold and i have one bought (bigger, for less money and out in the country).

I have until Friday to be out of my house. Most of my stuff is all boxed save for clothes and kitchen.

Due to the bank holiday no solicitor is open.
    I have get a load of stuff to the tip and struggling to find someone with a trailer until i get the money through i cant afford to hire someone

I dont know when i get my money, i dont know where to leave the keys. Im chasing my own solicitor for any kind of information. And due to the woman whose house im buying going to austrailia and not signed all her paperwork it was supposed to be sorted by the 15th april i now have to find somewhere to keep all my furniture. I never ever want to to do this again. So stressed and ARRRRRRRGH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

Best of luck, we just moved out of a house, it's such a horrible and stressful time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

silverbolt wrote: »
    Due to an inheritance tax of 18 grand im having to sell my house, my house is sold and i have one bought (bigger, for less money and out in the country).

I have until Friday to be out of my house. Most of my stuff is all boxed save for clothes and kitchen.

Due to the bank holiday no solicitor is open.
    I have get a load of stuff to the tip and struggling to find someone with a trailer until i get the money through i cant afford to hire someone

I dont know when i get my money, i dont know where to leave the keys. Im chasing my own solicitor for any kind of information. And due to the woman whose house im buying going to austrailia and not signed all her paperwork it was supposed to be sorted by the 15th april i now have to find somewhere to keep all my furniture. I never ever want to to do this again. So stressed and ARRRRRRRGH

Ask the seller for the keys now. That will hurry her on..

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Daithi_2014

Both sales should go through the same day. If one doesntm then the other doesnt. Just ring your solicitor and leave a message with him to stall it for a couple of days as you are not ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭silverbolt

Both sales should go through the same day. If one doesntm then the other doesnt. Just ring your solicitor and leave a message with him to stall it for a couple of days as you are not ready.

Part of the condition of the sale of my house was that the sale had to go through by the 25th april.

Moving isnt the issue i have somewhere to go - its just where to leave my stuff which is basically the contents of a three bedroom house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gussieg

Again, i suggest you dont panic, ask for help, and more time if needed, i worked in a charity shop , plenty of them about now, where they would gladly drive over and take whatever you didnt want, then you just have to decide what you really do want or need.
    I dont own property but i have moved more times than i care to remember, and it will be fine but yes can be a logistical nightmare. Try to enjoy it :)

• Advertisement

gussieg wrote: »
    Again, i suggest you dont panic, ask for help, and more time if needed, i worked in a charity shop , plenty of them about now, where they would gladly drive over and take whatever you didnt want, then you just have to decide what you really do want or need.
    I dont own property but i have moved more times than i care to remember, and it will be fine but yes can be a logistical nightmare. Try to enjoy it :)

I work for a charity shop as well.

THey helped me move and gave me a place to put my stuff so spent the day moving all that around.

Im not totally finished yet but have id say about 90% of it done and im now at the girlfriends for a few weeks till i move

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I work for a charity shop as well.

THey helped me move and gave me a place to put my stuff so spent the day moving all that around.

Im not totally finished yet but have id say about 90% of it done and im now at the girlfriends for a few weeks till i move

good to hear. good luck and rest up...

Graces7 wrote: »
    good to hear. good luck and rest up...

thanks - got everything else out today, cleaned up a tad and closed teh door for what is likely the final time

i am absolutely shattered.

And is it wierd that in the storage place i have marked every box containing my dvds, books, collectables etc quite clearly stating DO NOT SELL and yet the beds, and cooker etc are just left there lol?

thanks - got everything else out today, cleaned up a tad and closed teh door for what is likely the final time

i am absolutely shattered.

And is it wierd that in the storage place i have marked every box containing my dvds, books, collectables etc quite clearly stating DO NOT SELL and yet the beds, and cooker etc are just left there lol?

well done! yes changing nest is totally draining. have had 8 moved in recent years and been here 18 months and have finally stopped wondering where the door is when i wake up.

rest and heal in the springtime beauty!

Well spoke to my estate agent today and gave them keys and turns out the lady whos house im buying is NOT in australia and never went so where my solicitor got that from is beyond me. Also shes pretty much all moved out so i could be sorted again in a week or so.

• Advertisement

Well spoke to my estate agent today and gave them keys and turns out the lady whos house im buying is NOT in australia and never went so where my solicitor got that from is beyond me. Also shes pretty much all moved out so i could be sorted again in a week or so.

solicitors are one of lifes great mysteries...

all sounds good now!

Advertisement