Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Offseason 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Melo to the Bulls not looking too likely at this point...

Tribune: Bulls face long odds of landing Carmelo Anthony

Woj: Carmelo Anthony interested in talking to Pau Gasol about playing for Knicks

Will be disappointed, but you move on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Chris Kaman has reached agreement on a two-year, $10M deal with Portland, league source tells Yahoo Sports

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

padraig_f wrote: »

Woj: Carmelo Anthony interested in talking to Pau Gasol about playing for Knicks

Very disappointed. You don't always get the chance to add top free agents and I would love the Bulls to finally get that elusive top free agent. The window to win is short and the chance to add another top guy to this group is getting ever closer to closing.

I can understand why he'd want to stay though. More money, his wife is happy in the city and his kid is settled in school. All important and understandable factors. If he comes out and says the Knicks give him the best chance of winning it is laughable though. Despite seeing why he would stay, he has essentially blown his last chance of a Championship IMO. It will probably take until he is nearing the end of his new deal before Phil can get the Knicks truly back on track, if at all.

Knowing the Bulls they'll end up with Hinrich coming back now and that will be about it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Cali Angry Roller-skate

Paully D wrote: »
    Very disappointed. You don't always get the chance to add top free agents and I would love the Bulls to finally get that elusive top free agent. The window to win is short and the chance to add another top guy to this group is getting ever closer to closing.

I can understand why he'd want to stay though. More money, his wife is happy in the city and his kid is settled in school. All important and understandable factors. If he comes out and says the Knicks give him the best chance of winning it is laughable though. Despite seeing why he would stay, he has essentially blown his last chance of a Championship IMO. It will probably take until he is nearing the end of his new deal before Phil can get the Knicks truly back on track, if at all.

Knowing the Bulls they'll end up with Hinrich coming back now and that will be about it. :(

I've heard the bulls are talking to pau as well that would be a great signing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I've heard the bulls are talking to pau as well that would be a great signing

Apparently Mirotic is on the way http://teamstre.am/1t5JShr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

padraig_f wrote: »

He is the same player going forward he's been the past, which is to say a professional scorer who has never been committed to defense or the nuances of being a great teammate. What he would give the Bulls is an alternative, his finishing ability is without question.

Marc Stein of ESPN reports of The Indiana Pacers working on a 3 team trade Pacers, Suns and Celtics. Centred around point guard Goran Dragic With the Pacers trying to pull the Celtics and Rajon Rondo into the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Cali Angry Roller-skate

Marc Stein of ESPN reports of The Indiana Pacers working on a 3 team trade Pacers, Suns and Celtics. Centred around point guard Goran Dragic With the Pacers trying to pull the Celtics and Rajon Rondo into the deal

Ya I heard celtics getting Hubbard an a future first for rondo....no thanks

Ya I heard celtics getting Hubbard an a future first for rondo....no thanks

There wasn't much detail given but I think they are suggesting that The Pacers get Dragic, Celtics get Hibbert and Suns get Rondo.

Or that the Pacers do a deal for Dragic and then use Dragic and Hibbert to get Rondo. in a separate multi-team deal. Its all very confusing.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'll be sickened if Dragic ends up on the Pacers.

• Advertisement

Spencer Hawes has reached agreement on a four-year, $23 million contract with the Los Angeles Clippers according to Yahoo.
    Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
    Hawes passed on Blazers MLE offer Thursday, sources say. Chose between Clippers MLE and Suns space. Blazers moved on, signing Chris Kaman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Spencer Hawes has reached agreement on a four-year, $23 million contract with the Los Angeles Clippers according to Yahoo.

4 Years of Hawes at $23 million represents good business imo. He seems slightly underpaid at that price(mid level exception), especially with the dearth of quality centres. I like Hawes, he can shoot the three, can get you a basket on the inside and is still young at 26. Hawes won't offer rim protection, but LA are pretty set in that department anyway. Good move by the Clippers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I'll be sickened if Dragic ends up on the Pacers.

Everything I read online said that the Suns weren't interested and all the work was being done by the Pacers. They were offering Hibbert whom Phoenix was not interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

As a Celtics fan, I disapprove of this suggested move. :D

You can have Rondo for Dragic, but that's it. :D

Hibbert can go anywhere but Boston.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Nerlens Noel making his debut at 1pm ET in the Summer League today.

Meanwhile, Pacers are getting trashed by the Nets right now :pac:

RuPaul's Drag Race is also looking for contestants for its next season.

Napier.. 0-9.. 5 turnovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Nerlens Noel making his debut at 1pm ET in the Summer League today.

Meanwhile, Pacers are getting trashed by the Nets right now :pac:

Looking forward to seeing him

Napier.. 0-9.. 5 turnovers.

He'll fit in perfectly as a PG in Miami with those stats! :D

• Advertisement

Really wish one of the really big names would move so we could watch the chain of dominoes it sets in motion with every other team. It's all just a bit boring at the mo tbh.....:(

Soby wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing him

....do things like this http://t.co/n0jwEpuz1y"

He'll fit in perfectly as a PG in Miami with those stats! :D

Aye.

Let's face, man. He's effectively a spot up shooter if LeBron stays.

____

Lin to Philly is on like Donkey Kong it sounds like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

@ESPNSteinLine: "We're gotten to the point in free agency where some teams in pursuit think LeBron is more likely to leave than Melo. Stunning turn of events"

Would be brilliant if Lebron fecked off after Wade opted out of $40m/2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Soby wrote: »
    ....do things like this http://t.co/n0jwEpuz1y"

Impressive so far.

Well, well. Bosh to be offered a max contract by the Rockets.

Woj reporting that the Heat are offering free agents a first year salary of about $5.5m. They won't attract what they want with that for sure. Deng rejected $10m per from the Bulls, you'd expect just for reasons of pride alone he's not going anywhere that won't give him at least that figure. They've met with Ariza and Gasol too.

It's a bit of an annoyance for Riley and co I'm sure. Woj also reports that if LeBron says he's coming back, Bosh will rejoin in a second. Then they'd be able to get enough guys on board I presume. Until LeBron does commit they're in limbo and the pool of free agents is getting smaller by the day.

They'll get it sorted I'd imagine but it's enjoyable to see them squirm a bit :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I'm starting to think LeBron is gone. He'd of resigned by now if he was staying. I'm surprised that Phoenix is being talked about as a landing spot for him. It would be an amazing roster but the guy won't go to the west.

• Advertisement

Interesting development. Joe Lull, who has quite a good record of Cleveland sports of late, tweeted that Gilbert is on his way to Florida to meet with LeBron. Gilbert subsequently tweeted that he was in his back yard enjoying the weather, but he could have easily tweeted a picture of same to destroy the rumor instead. A few pictures of a plane, rumoured to be his, being tracked on its way to FL airport have been tweeted too but it's not known whether it is actually his or not.

On another note, Woj's latest follow on Twitter is Carmelo Anthony. That would lead me to believe that Anthony will announce his decision soon via Twitter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement