Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Offseason 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

SI reporting Pacers are "quietly" looking to trade Hibbert away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Paully D wrote: »

On another note, Woj's latest follow on Twitter is Carmelo Anthony. That would lead me to believe that Anthony will announce his decision soon via Twitter.

My guess is we hear something tomorrow. Not gonna do it at the weekend because probably wants to inform the teams he turned down privately before announcing it publicly, and people may not be in the office at the weekend.

I'm starting to think LeBron is gone. He'd of resigned by now if he was staying. I'm surprised that Phoenix is being talked about as a landing spot for him. It would be an amazing roster but the guy won't go to the west.

Certainly looks less of a sure thing than it did, but they could be just trying to get the free-agent signings done first before resigning themselves, so they know how much space they need to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

SI reporting Pacers are "quietly" looking to trade Hibbert away
    I really, really, doubt this is us calling teams with a "hey, want Hibbert?". Probably more like his name coming up as part of packages for All Star type guys, like the Dragic rumour, and us saying "yeah we can talk about including him."

And I'd say Lebron and Melo will decide by Thursday. Friday will be a CRAZY day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Fox Sports: #Clippers and free-agent guard Jordan Farmar agree to a deal, likely 2 years, $4.2 million.

Woj: Free agent Boris Diaw has reached agreement on three-year, $22M deal to return to Spurs, sources tell Yahoo. Partial guarantee on 3rd year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Melo will announce his decision tonight or tomorrow morning/afternoon. Multiple reports claiming it is between The Lakers and New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

buyer95 wrote: »
    Melo will announce his decision tonight or tomorrow morning/afternoon. Multiple reports claiming it is between The Lakers and New York.

I said from day one (despite getting my hopes up for a bit like an idiot) that he'd stick with New York. If he's not pushed about winning now, which he's clearly not if those are the two teams he's down to, why leave the extra Knicks money on the table?

The Lakers with Kobe and Melo would be extremely interesting to watch though. In the last four seasons, Kobe ranks #1 in the league in field goals attempt per game and % of iso plays. Who ranks #2 in both categories? Yep, Melo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

If the options for melo are NY or LA, Then he might aswell stay in NY. Neither team will be a contender next season. So stay in NY, get the extra money and maybe with Phill they can build on something.

I wouldn't mind a Hibbert trade as long as we got a top PG. Hopefully Rondo, if not Dragic.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I was actually looking for the Knicks without Melo. He'll stay with the Knicks, IMO.

Indiana need some Perkins.

• Advertisement

It was before I really got into the sport and I never knew about it until now, but I just saw this story on Reddit re: Boozer:

b4972cd0207ce625349dfdf1498fe516.png

I wasn't much of a fan of his anyway purely for basketball reasons, but I've lost any respect I had for him after reading that.

What was the reaction around the league like to that stunt at the time? In addition, if he had stayed and kept posting those type of numbers alongside a 2007 LeBron have gotten it done? It's worth nothing that when LeBron was really starting to push on circa 2007, Boozer was posting 21 and 10 a night numbers.

I remember watching a documentary about the 2008 Olympic team (I think it was 2008) and LeBron was speaking about not winning a Championship yet. He listed off the players he'd be playing with in the Olympics and said there's no excuse for him not winning now. "If I had Melo on my team I'd have won a ring by now, if I had Kobe on my team I'd have won a ring by now, if I had Boozer on my team I'd have won a ring by now" was the jist of what he said. I always remembered it and thinking it was a weird thing to say (purely because I only really know the Boozer of the last few years) but it took on new meaning after what I read today. Interesting.

Screen_Shot_2014-07-06_at_11.03.35_PM_medium.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Cali Angry Roller-skate

i said day one and i still think his best bet is the cavs. the prodigal son returning home story would be huge for him. all his detractors in cleveland would instantly disappear and i could see people twisting the story to say he left so cleveland could suck for a few years and build up a roster to help him.

additionally he would have a good team around him there now compared in particular to miami.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Screen_Shot_2014-07-06_at_11.03.35_PM_medium.png

Broussard knows as much as we do on here.

I just can't see LeBron leaving. There's no way Wade would have opted out of his massive payday if LeBron wasn't coming back and given how good friends they are you would have to suspect that they have discussed it openly and honestly and LeBron won't effectively sell him out, despite the fact he owes him nothing of course.

It's all just smoke to push the Heat into action and quickly.

I just can't see LeBron leaving. There's no way Wade would have opted out of his massive payday if LeBron wasn't coming back and given how good friends they are you would have to suspect that they have discussed it openly and honestly and LeBron won't effectively sell him out, despite the fact he owes him nothing of course.

I think Lebron's best chances of winning a championship still lie in Miami.

Even with an aging Wade and a terrible Bosh, the Heat will still be a free agent haven without Lebron. They will be able to rebuild.

Brian Windhorst ✔ @WindhorstESPN
    Follow

For 4 years, Dan Gilbert's letter after LeBron's decision has been on team website. It appears it was removed today: http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html
    3:07 PM - 7 Jul 2014

but even if the 3 guys resign for less they likely won't have all that much left to add pieces. wade could simply be willing to resign for relative pennys so that the heat can get a few other guys in so that he's in a position to compete for ring no. 4 everyone talks about lebron having to get 5-6 rings but i have no doubt wade feels he should be up there as well.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    I think Lebron's best chances of winning a championship still lie in Miami.

Even with an aging Wade and a terrible Bosh, the Heat will still be a free agent haven without Lebron. They will be able to rebuild.

even if the other two resign for cheaper i still don't see them having all that much cap room to play with and while they should still get to the finals due to the east being terrible (barring melo to the bulls but thats looking unlikely now) there are a few teams that could beat them (or would at the very least push them to 7 games) in the west.

add to that that wades body is only getting worse year by year and also they will likely be forced to play him heavy minutes during the regular season as they will likely lean on him just to make the playoffs again and i don't think if he stays it will be for basketball reasons.

Well well. The Houston Rockets have offered Chrish Bosh a 4 year max contract, worth $96 million! I cannot see him turning this down, it's not Philly or someother crappy team, this is Houston. Wow

Well well. The Houston Rockets have offered Chrish Bosh a 4 year max contract, worth $96 million! I cannot see him turning this down, it's not Philly or someother crappy team, this is Houston. Wow

Chicago should be all over Parsons then if that's the case. He'd be a decent consolation prize for missing out on Melo. the Rockets couldn't afford to match a Parsons offer with Bosh on a max, Howard and Harden.

In other news, remember that pretentious letter Dan Gilbert wrote to LeBron after he jumped ship? Well it was removed from the Cavs website today, after being there for 4 years.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

ESPN has learned that McRoberts will receive Heat's full midlevel for the next four years ($23 million) with a player option after Year 3.

Br9r98aCQAA8kLZ.png:large

not sure if thats a good move from houston unless they've been told no by melo and pau

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    ESPN has learned that McRoberts will receive Heat's full midlevel for the next four years ($23 million) with a player option after Year 3.

Br9r98aCQAA8kLZ.png:large

Also referred to as desperation. Eerily similar to the sort of move the Cavs would have made pre-The Decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Some crazy contracts going around all right but it all means nothing until LeJon and Melo sign.....then the craziness will really kick off.

The Heat have signed Danny Granger now too. Their plan is kicking off now, whatever it is.

dominoes-falling.jpg

Happy for Danny. A real pro.

And McBob got paid! Fairplay to him.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    ESPN has learned that McRoberts will receive Heat's full midlevel for the next four years ($23 million) with a player option after Year 3

Granger signing too. Someone said above he is a real pro. That may be true, but he is done as a player, couldn't crack the Clippers rotation after playing terrible in Indiana earlier in the season. How could LeBron leave now?:pac:

Granger signing too. Someone said above he is a real pro. That may be true, but he is done as a player, couldn't crack the Clippers rotation after playing terrible in Indiana earlier in the season. How could LeBron leave now?:pac:
    As much as I like Granger, he can't be an every day player on a contending team. In LA he didn't play every playoff game and hardly even played when he did, he just isn't good enough to cut it. Danny can be a spot minutes guy and play from time to time, but he just can't be an every game guy and expect good results with it.

He's definitely lost a step for sure. And for a guy that wasn't quick already, that's detrimental. He will be at best a role player for the Heat, and tbh the McBob and Granger signings make me think Lebron isn't staying there.

why is league pass showing up for only 17.99 whats the catch

• Advertisement

Report: No decision yet as Carmelo Anthony torn between Knicks, Lakers, Bulls. Yes, Bulls.

While I want Melo to join the Bulls, when you look at the numbers there, I'm not sure I can be too judgmental if he chooses to stay with the Knicks.

Knicks offering $129m/5years vs. the Bulls' $75m/4-years....$54m is just a hell of a lot of money to leave on the table.

Then there's no guarantee of success with the Bulls, even if it is more likely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement