Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Offseason 2014

Options

Comments

why is league pass showing up for only 17.99 whats the catch

If you look at whats listed in the offer there is still a couple of 'events' to go so I would say that price is for the Summer league, USA world championship games and some preseason. That would be my guess..

Regular Season
    2014 All-Star
    2014 Playoffs
    2014 NBA Finals
    2012-2013 Season
    Most Preseason
    2014 Summer League
    2014 USA Basketball

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

why is league pass showing up for only 17.99 whats the catch

It's only for the remainder of the 2013-14 season i'd imagine. That would be over in a few weeks time!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Cali Angry Roller-skate

Nearly caught me with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Nearly caught me with that :)

Did the ad say something like:

LAS VEGAS!!!!summer league for 17:99.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

:pac:

fa6ec0415588648d18d2993a9c036b16.png
    padraig_f wrote: »
    Report: No decision yet as Carmelo Anthony torn between Knicks, Lakers, Bulls. Yes, Bulls.

While I want Melo to join the Bulls, when you look at the numbers there, I'm not sure I can be too judgmental if he chooses to stay with the Knicks.

Knicks offering $129m/5years vs. the Bulls' $75m/4-years....$54m is just a hell of a lot of money to leave on the table.

Then there's no guarantee of success with the Bulls, even if it is more likely.

I agree.

When you look at it objectively and take the emotion if being a fan out of it, there's no way I could criticise him for taking that much money. LeBron will stay in the East even if he does leave Miami and he's a hell of an obstacle to get past. We also don't know how Rose is going to hold up unfortunately.

I just wish a player would come out say "yeah, look the money was much much better and my family are happy here too" instead of trying to twist the decision in to being something is it not about - winning.

• Advertisement

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m

Channing Frye has agreed to a four-year, $32 million deal with the Magic, source tells Yahoo Sports.

Is it just me or is that insane money for a stretch 4.

Stephen a. Is saying if bosh goes to Houston melo could go to Miami with lebron

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

NufcNavan wrote: »
    As much as I like Granger, he can't be an every day player on a contending team. In LA he didn't play every playoff game and hardly even played when he did, he just isn't good enough to cut it. Danny can be a spot minutes guy and play from time to time, but he just can't be an every game guy and expect good results with it.

He's definitely lost a step for sure. And for a guy that wasn't quick already, that's detrimental. He will be at best a role player for the Heat, and tbh the McBob and Granger signings make me think Lebron isn't staying there.

Haha, when I said " How could Lebron leave now?:pac:" it was meant to be extremely sarcastic. I think you may have misunderstood my sentiment!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Z Bo exercises player option for 2014/15 and signs multi-year contract extension with the Grizz

buyer95 wrote: »
    Haha, when I said " How could Lebron leave now?:pac:" it was meant to be extremely sarcastic. I think you may have misunderstood my sentiment!
    I know that, more of a general analysis than a direct reply to your comment.

• Advertisement

Does Paddy know something we do not? They have The Cavs 4th favourites for the title next season. But seriously, yeah they probably havn't a clue!

In other news, Dallas have resigned themselves to losing out on Melo and are now focusing their efforts on acquiring Parsons.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Does Paddy know something we do not? They have The Cavs 4th favourites for the title next season. But seriously, yeah they probably havn't a clue!

In other news, Dallas have resigned themselves to losing out on Melo and are now focusing their efforts on acquiring Parsons.

Paddypower and any sensible book are simply taking measures against any chance LeBron returns to Cleveland in which case if it does indeed happen, they'll instantly become first or at worst, second favourites for the Championship.

Last chance saloon for any value to take Cleveland if people do believe LeBron is heading back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

No, it's just an easy thing for them to do, to drop odds on a team that's getting a bit of media buzz. So any sucker coming in can take the Cavs at bad odds.

A real statement would be if they lengthened the Miami odds, but the Heat are still 3/1 favourites.

No, it's just an easy thing for them to do, to drop odds on a team that's getting a bit of media buzz. So any sucker coming in can take the Cavs at bad odds.

A real statement would be if they lengthened the Miami odds, but the Heat are still 3/1 favourites.

Not really both teams have about a 45% chance of landing him in my opinion whoever lands him is instant favourite in the east so there right to have both at short odds

Not really both teams have about a 45% chance of landing him in my opinion whoever lands him is instant favourite in the east so there right to have both at short odds

Did the Heat's odds lengthen at all? I dont know exactly what they were at the end of the season, but it was pretty close to 3/1.

edit:
    here they are:
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24590996/heat-remain-odds-on-favorites-to-win-2015-title-after-finals-loss

Heat's odds between 3/1 and 7/2 after the Finals, so barely changed. All they've done on the recent news is given a much worse price on the Cavs.

Just read an article there which inferred that the reason Melo is stalling on making his decision is that he is hoping that Bosh signs with Houston. Melo would then join his close friend LeBron in Miami, pleasing no one on this forum... I would hate to see him leave New York, but if it came to that I would choose Chicago every day ahead of Miami. I couldn't stomach seeing him in a Heat jersey

Just read an article there which inferred that the reason Melo is stalling on making his decision is that he is hoping that Bosh signs with Houston. Melo would then join his close friend LeBron in Miami, pleasing no one on this forum... I would hate to see him leave New York, but if it came to that I would choose Chicago every day ahead of Miami. I couldn't stomach seeing him in a Heat jersey

ESPN (Marc Stein and not Chris Broussard, so reliable) is reporting that the Knicks are now very uneasy as they expected a verbal commitment from Carmelo yesterday.

It would be a disaster if he ended up in Miami. I'm hoping Bosh's love of Miami and playing with LeBron (still extremely likely he stays for me) will swing his decision to stay.

Did the Heat's odds lengthen at all? I dont know exactly what they were at the end of the season, but it was pretty close to 3/1.

edit:
    here they are:
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24590996/heat-remain-odds-on-favorites-to-win-2015-title-after-finals-loss

Heat's odds between 3/1 and 7/2 after the Finals, so barely changed. All they've done on the recent news is given a much worse price on the Cavs.

if he leaves miami they will raise the odds they have no reason to until he has decided whereas they absolutely have a reason to lower the cavs price

id hate that less because of the lebron hat most people have more because if that team falls apart this offseason i get to see just how loyal all those miami fans that came out of the woodwork are. also i dislike seeing wishy washy fans like the heat fans supporting successful teams.

should they get together what would the heat do about a big man?

bosh my not be a big physical post guy but he was the closest they have. it would still be terrifying with all that scoring but i have no idea how they would stop a marc gasol for example

Why hasn't anyone jumped on giving Parsons an offer? Houston would only have 3 days to match and obviously they're in a holding pattern with Bosh, you could tie their hands. Am I missing something?

• Advertisement

Why hasn't anyone jumped on giving Parsons an offer? Houston would only have 3 days to match and obviously they're in a holding pattern with Bosh, you could tie their hands. Am I missing something?

ya its definitely a strange one unless some teams have contacted him and he's said no

Zach Lowe who usually has a good pulse for these things, predicted this. Essentially Lowe said that Parsons is very happy in Houston. The Rockets higher ups have likely given an oral agreement to Parsons that if they do not manage to sign an elite free agent then they will bring him back. It sounds strange for Parsons to be ok with this, but the thing is most Parsons advisors would have been telling him that it is unlikely that Houston would succeed in nabbing a really elite player, and it was worth refusing all other offers until he knows that he cannot stay in Houston.

Paully D wrote: »

*shudders*

A day I never want to see again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

That's some stay line though isn't it, has anyone else averaged close to that in LBJ's time in the league

*shudders*

A day I never want to see again

I can imagine it was terrible for you. At the time, did you think he'd stay or were you resigned that him going?

Paully D wrote: »
    I can imagine it was terrible for you. At the time, did you think he'd stay or were you resigned that him going?

Honestly, I thought he'd stay with us. Granted, it wasn't a great team (Mo, Anthony Parker, LeBron, Antawn and Shaq) but I didn't think he'd go to the lengths he did with "The Decision" and all that bs tbh. That media hype/publicity hurt Cleveland more than The Decision did.

I can see why Dan Gilbert wrote that message about "winning a ring before the King" at the time, we were all hurt, but I can see why it was taken down during the week as well. That's why right now, I'm trying not to get my hopes up with LeBron coming back. It makes sense to come back now (we've a young & hungry team that should be playoff bound for the next few years, we're in the east, it's LeBron's and his family's home state and we can offer that max contract he wants) but then, there's the D Wade/Pat Riley/Melo/Bosh potential that's a factor that Miami has right now.

The media have hyped this all up to where a return is becoming more of a possibility every day & if the decision is that LeBron stays in Miami, it's Cleveland thats the victim yet again. All I can say is until LeBron makes up his mind, it's gonna be the summer of 2010 (you pray, you're hopeful, you're in despair) all over again for me.......

Honestly, I thought he'd stay with us. Granted, it wasn't a great team (Mo, Anthony Parker, LeBron, Antawn and Shaq) but I didn't think he'd go to the lengths he did with "The Decision" and all that bs tbh. That media hype/publicity hurt Cleveland more than The Decision did.

I can see why Dan Gilbert wrote that message about "winning a ring before the King" at the time, we were all hurt, but I can see why it was taken down during the week as well. That's why right now, I'm trying not to get my hopes up with LeBron coming back. It makes sense to come back now (we've a young & hungry team that should be playoff bound for the next few years, we're in the east, it's LeBron's and his family's home state and we can offer that max contract he wants) but then, there's the D Wade/Pat Riley/Melo/Bosh potential that's a factor that Miami has right now.

The media have hyped this all up to where a return is becoming more of a possibility every day & if the decision is that LeBron stays in Miami, it's Cleveland thats the victim yet again. All I can say is until LeBron makes up his mind, it's gonna be the summer of 2010 (you pray, you're hopeful, you're in despair) all over again for me.......

Yeah, I completely agree on Cleveland being the victim, though I would say that none of it is really LeBron's fault this time if it does transpire that he stays in Miami (or goes somewhere else other than Miami or the Cavs, as unlikely as that is). He hasn't come out and said anything at all during this offseason to give anyone an indication that he wants to go back there just yet and all the speculation is being built up in and by the media. I saw an article earlier entitled "will LeBron deliver heartbreak to Cleveland once again" or similar which I think is harsh on him.

I personally think the best time for him to go back home to the Cavs would be after his next contract and that's what I think may happen. I don't quite think the Cavs are good enough to leave Miami for just yet. They're a bit young and raw with a huge lack of playoff experience among their main contingent.

Sign a max or near max in Miami (with a player option when he opts out and heads for home). By then we all know D-Wade will be completely finished and that would be 7 or 8 years he has spent in Miami. He'd be 33 coming back to Cleveland (he never gets injured so that age shouldn't be an issue), Kyrie would be 27, Wiggins would have had a number of years in the league and be around the time that you'd be expecting him to really come into his own, we'd also know how Bennett is going to pan out. Cavs also have a mountain of 1st rounders to come and may actually have 3 in 2015, by which time LeBron comes back they'd be well into their developmental process.

Stay with Miami for another contract, then come back home and retire there somehow a hero after what happened in 2010 after leading the Cavs to a Championship as a trio with Wiggins and Kyrie. It would be a fairytale twist really, wouldn't it? I think I'll send the script off to Walt Disney :pac:

Gordon Hayward has signed a max contract offer sheet with Charlotte. This is 4 years at $63 million.
    It had been expected that Utah would match any offer, but they would not have expected such an offer to come Hayward's way. They have 3 days to match, will be interesting to see if they do.
    It's a good move on Jordan's part imo, they can be good next year again in an awful Eastern Conference, and Hayward coming would be a big plus.

I'm posting this for your amusement Nuri. http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/11191607/raymond-felton-prove-elite-point-guard-dallas-mavericks

Ray Felton going around saying he is an elite point guard, warms even the heart on a dreary Wednesday morning.

Great comment on the articles page.
    Everyone Loves Raymond, except when he's out of shape, fat, and brandishing firearms.

• Advertisement

Gordon Hayward's max is why the Bulls should jump on Lance Stephenson

I've come round a bit on Lance I have to say. Thought he was good in this playoffs, with David West, probably the best performer on the Pacers.

Some of his antics that grabbed the headlines didn't bother me, I thought he actually showed a good attitude in wanting to win. I'd rather see this than someone who was well-behaved, but shrunk when the playoffs came.

Wouldn't want to pay $15m, but if you got him for around $10m, I wouldn't mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement