Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Offseason 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Wow on that Parsons offer, good year to be a free agent.

I'm not sure either the Bulls or the Pacers will be able to afford Stephenson now, someone's gonna offer him 15 mil too (probably Charlotte, when Utah matches their Hayward offer).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rockets have three days to match if they are going to do so. Domino effect in terms of what will happen with them and Bosh has started. Finally it looks like we'll start to get answers to the vast majority of the big free agency questions in the next few days.

On another note, LeBron's meeting with Riley is an hour in. He has reportedly made his decision ahead of the meeting according to a few of the "sources" crowd on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Excellent work done by the Dallas front office so far. Chandler, Felton and potentially Parsons coming in, along with resigning Dirk... They have to be considered a playoff team now

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

@BrettNBA
    BREAKING: LeBron James will return to the Cleveland Cavaliers, reports @sheridanhoops.

@BrettNBA
    @sheridanhoops also reporting that the announcement will be made on LeBron's website. James told Pat Riley news this afternoon.

Brace yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Parsons will be a great fit at the Mavs.

• Advertisement

Chris Sheridan puts his reputation on the line:

84d580856c6031716ccfc6c56af0e23b.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Paully D wrote: »

I think your man's site just crashed.

Broussard now saying 'The Decision' hasn't been made.

Woj saying the talks in LA have ended. This is going to be a great 60 minutes.

9fd81d3f12680477130576d2165cdac0.png

f5.jpg

So much for sleep:pac:

• Advertisement

55d7981e1da9a3aeceeeef126376b09e.png

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    55d7981e1da9a3aeceeeef126376b09e.png

Ah for **** sake, bit of an anti-climax. I thought we were just about to get the main guys reporting that he was off. :pac:

A less than 2 hour meeting with no decision made doesn't sound good for the Heat though. Perhaps he wants a(nother) face-to-face with the Cavaliers to sort out specifics before committing to leaving.

I'll give it another hour before I call it quits for tonight. :pac:

*sigh*

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 24s
    Source: LeBron James will not make/announce his decision tonight

Can't blame him for sleeping on it I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Would like to see Lebron back in Cleveland. Nothing left to prove anymore at the Heat. Went to the finals 4 years in a row. Won 2 of them.

Would be the perfect ending to his career if he could go back to the Cavs and win a title or two with them before he retires.

*sigh*

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 24s
    Source: LeBron James will not make/announce his decision tonight

Ah dude, don't follow Broussard. He's the Ballague of the NBA media :pac:

His parody account is decent though.

8c65dae91458f043419215079973e8aa.png

Imagine how D-Wade will feel after giving up over $40m for 2 years if LeBron leaves! :eek:

Imagine how D-Wade will feel after giving up over $40m for 2 years if LeBron leaves! :eek:

Dwyane_on_a_see_saw_medium.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Cali Angry Roller-skate

woooo hoooo couldn't be happier for cavs fans

with regards wade he will be looked after by the heat kobe style he at the very minimum get the same possibly more if he wants it

and still we wait. Gonna get interesting for the Rockets, they've 3 days to match the Parson's offer but they want to trade out Asik & Lin and sign Bosh before they do that and it's all depending on LeBron

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Wow if LeBron is about to leave Miami the whole Heat team will be blown up. Bosh will sign his max contract in Houston, Allen is expected to follow James to Cleveland. Wade must be downright distraught.

I'm delighted for Cavs fans, after what they went through 4 years ago. They have a really good offensive coach also in David Blatt. LeBron had to suffer through Mike Brown reign of terribleness last time round. It will be nice that he has a real coach this time round.
    Interestingly, Paddy Power have pulled the "outright winner" bet from the site.

In other news, the spurs have become real contenders and are expected to offer him the full mid level exception. Thunder and Bulls still considered favourites to sign him however.

buyer95 wrote: »
    In other news, the spurs have become real contenders and are expected to offer him the full mid level exception. Thunder and Bulls still considered favourites to sign him however.

LeBron?:pac:

LeBron?:pac:

Haha, you never know!

No, I meant to write Pau Gasol.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

MLE is about 5.75 million I think which is what the bulls and spurs are offering Pau. Is this not a bit low for him, I know he didn't have the greatest of years last but I'd still think he is an 8 mill minimum big man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Excellent work done by the Dallas front office so far. Chandler, Felton and potentially Parsons coming in, along with resigning Dirk... They have to be considered a playoff team now

They were a playoff team already and gave the spurs their toughest series on the way to the title.

That said, they've lost an excellent 3-point shooter and their best ball handler(Calderon) and got an injury prone big man and Raymond Felton in return.
    I think that's yet another win for Phil Jackson.

I like Parsons, but 15M a year is certainly overpaying.

All in all, I don't see them doing much better than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

On Miami, I have to say I've been all over the place on what Lebron will do.
    I've changed my mind several times.

Right now, I'm worried.
    Pat Riley really hasn't done anything to keep him.
    McBob and Granger?? Seriously?

I think Cleveland would be a mistake though. (no offence D2D)
    I think the Heat had a really good team spirit and the Cavs were downright poisonous at times last year.
    If things got off to a rough start, I could see him thinking "what the hell have i got myself into here".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

It's an excellent piece of work by Dallas signing Parsons to that offer sheet. Houston has 72 hours to respond. They can match it - but then they don't have the money to sign Bosh if LeBron leaves Miami. Or else they can decline the Parsons offer sheet and take the risk that LeBron will leave and Bosh will head to Houston. Dallas has put them in no mans land.

BQQ wrote: »
    On Miami, I have to say I've been all over the place on what Lebron will do.
    I've changed my mind several times.

Right now, I'm worried.
    Pat Riley really hasn't done anything to keep him.
    McBob and Granger?? Seriously?

I think Cleveland would be a mistake though. (no offence D2D)
    I think the Heat had a really good team spirit and the Cavs were downright poisonous at times last year.
    If things got off to a rough start, I could see him thinking "what the hell have i got myself into here".

None taken :)

We were poisonous because we had a coach who had no idea how to handle the team. Shur Deng said he's never seen a team in such a mess as the Cavs were last season. With Brown finally gone and Blatt in, we're gonna be playing a better style of basketball. Of course there is gonna be a risk with a coach who's never coached in the NBA before but his record in Europe can't be argued with. Bringing Blatt in is a risk I'm glad that our front office has taken. The team will need to gel if it happens (shur Miami struggled early on in 2010) but I believe it can work

I agree with you on the Heat making no real effort in trying to get LeBron to stay. They traded for Shabazz at the draft but they've only gotten in Granger (who lets be honest is past it) and McRoberts (who's got potential) to entice LeBron to stay...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Oh hurry up already!!!!!!!!

I'm getting fed up waiting for all the pieces to move.

Still some crazy offers and deals going down for next level down players I see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement