Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Offseason 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Hornets officially offer a deal to Gordon Hayward, Jazz have 3 days to match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hornets officially offer a deal to Gordon Hayward, Jazz have 3 days to match

Crazy money for a good, but not great player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Chris Sheridan is certainly confident in his sources. I hope it doesn't backfire on him because if it does his reputation will be in tatters forever more.

0c5166c0c94ed8be50b45e45e455d455.png
    6dc7c5dbb0c98a7e7d3efc3657f1613b.png

Lowry officially signs again with the Raptors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Tech wiz's just came up with this, after searching LeBron's official website
    https://twitter.com/mattborcas/status/487222720866680834/photo/1

The "for those of you too lazy to plug them into a hex chart" is hilariously funny. I don't know what a hex chart is, never mind attempt to plug random letters and numbers into one, and try and get it to fee me a colour!
    As Shakespeare himself said "Lord, what fools these mortals be!"

• Advertisement

Cavs/Celtics/Nets trade officially completed:

Cavs: draft rights to Ilkan Karaman, Edin Bavcic, Boston 2nd round pick
    Nets: Jarrett Jack, Sergey Karasev
    Celtics: Marcus Thornton, Tyler Zeller, Cleveland 1st round pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

You gotta tip your hat to Dirk. Great season last year, top 15-20ish player of all time, NBA champion and Finals MVP, greatest Mav in history...........and he's willing to make $5 million less than Chandler Parsons? I get that Dirk has more money than God, but that's still a pretty big sacrifice to make in order to go for another championship. No doubt he wants another ring more than anything.

Well if Sheridan's source on LeBron announcing before he flies out for the final is correct we should get the announcement soon.

196c6099e46c195f16cc271832193433.png

So lebron to The cavs, bosh to the rockets I could see wade retireing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Just read an article, which among other things, alleges that LeBron was not one bit impressed with Pat Riley's impassioned mafia style rant and his "get a grip" message.
    Miami’s approach with James has been respectful to the point of reverential, while stopping short of coddling. James had appeared to respond well to the team’s culture, embracing more leadership responsibility with each passing year. Most importantly, he improved as a player, especially in terms of his efficiency.

But he also showed some signs of discomfort and even discontent this season. He wasn’t able to hide his frustration with Micky Arison’s decision to use the amnesty clause on his friend Mike Miller. Nor with Wade’s frequent absences, made worse by Miller not being around to offset them. Nor with some of Erik Spoelstra’s strategic decisions, especially during the NBA Finals.

Nor, according to multiple sources, did he receive Riley’s “get a grip” end-of-season press conference (the one that challenged the Heat stars not to run from a challenge) especially well.][/QUOTESource: Slam magazine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Thought there'd be more action today with the moratorium ending, but early yet I suppose.

Don't like the way things are going from a Bulls point of view with rumours of Melo resigning with the Knicks and Lebron heading to Cleveland. I preferred him in Miami with the washed-up Wade.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    With Blake being an unrestricted free agent, some team out there will pick up a good back up PG.

Blake has signed a 2-year $4.2M deal with the Trailblazers.

Hmmmmmmmmm........

@PhilTrexler Reporter, Akron Beacon Journal.

Bath, OH police to increase patrols around LBJ's home after 3 p. when annoucement is expected "tonight." By home, I mean the Cavs. Annoucement coming later today. #KingJames

Hmmmmmmmmm........

@PhilTrexler Reporter, Akron Beacon Journal.

Bath, OH police to increase patrols around LBJ's home after 3 p. when annoucement is expected "tonight." By home, I mean the Cavs. Annoucement coming later today. #KingJames

If he's resigning with Miami he'll certainly need that police presence there :pac:

I'm praying this hasn't been for nothing but those tweets...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

buyer95 wrote: »
    Just read an article, which among other things, alleges that LeBron was not one bit impressed with Pat Riley's impassioned mafia style rant and his "get a grip" message.

PR job. He went to Miami for help, now the team is weakened, he's going somewhere else for help. Blaming Spoelstra is a bit of a dick move, Spoelstra's been a good coach.

Woj: Dallas delivered Chandler Parsons' $46M sheet to Houston, ending sign-and-trade talks, source tells Yahoo. Rockets have three days to match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I'm glad I'm not a LeBron fanatic. These rumours would wreck your head. It's annoying enough as it as a neutral.

I'm glad I'm not a LeBron fanatic. These rumours would wreck your head. It's annoying enough as it as a neutral.

This is worse than 2010, Twitter on 1 tab, LeBron's website on another.....

Decision meant to be any minute now

EDIT: LeBron's website is down

• Advertisement

Announcement at 3:30 ET. 330 is an Ohio area code. Man, I'm reading far too much into this :pac:

Sam Amick @sam_amick
    LeBron James won't be making an announcement in three minutes, or the next hour, for that matter, I'm told.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Sam Amick @sam_amick
    LeBron James won't be making an announcement in three minutes, or the next hour, for that matter, I'm told.

He's just trolling now :pac:

Torture....................

Timing...

Cleveland Cavaliers ‏@cavs 15s
    #Cavs and @KyrieIrving officially sign contract extension. [MORE]: http://ow.ly/z15ws

#AllForOne

Timing...

Cleveland Cavaliers ‏@cavs 15s
    #Cavs and @KyrieIrving officially sign contract extension. [MORE]: http://ow.ly/z15ws

#AllForOne

You must be climbing the walls mate. :pac:

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN
    Told by a source close to LeBron that there is no truth regarding decision any minute on his web site or anywhere else.

Paully D wrote: »
    He's just trolling now :pac:

BsNOrgvCMAAx4Ex.jpg:large

LeBron leaving his sports camp in Vegas a few moments ago.

BsNPIwWCMAABocm.png:large

Yellow? Pacers? He's taking his talents to Indiana to be backup to Born Ready!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

My guess would be that the announcement will go live when he's in the air... give's him a good lot of time away from media attention which he'll pick up in Brazil.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement