Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Offseason 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

This is getting more ridiculous by the hour and making the Decision Part 1 look like a good move.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 51m
    Cavs pressed Celtics/Nets officials to complete paperwork on 3-way trade in last hour, needed it done "immediately." Cap space is clear now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

@sam_amick: The Cavaliers have not been informed of LeBron James' decision and know nothing of a possible afternoon announcement, I'm told.

Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

From a good source: LeBron took 28 breaths in 60 seconds. Best news all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Paully D wrote: »
    Ugh.

This seems endless.

Don't you wish he'd just have a set time and announce it to everyone on tv or something :p:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Heres an interview on ESPN radio with the guy who broke the story that LeBron is going back to Cleveland. If he gets this wrong he w8ill be vilified. http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/10/discussing-lebron-james-reporting-with-espns-colin-cowherd/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I'd rather take a 60 minute decision programme than this, absolute torture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

BQQ wrote: »
    This seems endless.

Don't you wish he'd just have a set time and announce it to everyone on tv or something :p:pac:

Yeah, I'm starting to get nostalgic for 'The Decision', at least we had a scheduled time for that.

Wasted way too much time refreshing twitter over the last few days.

I'm going to bed, hopefully when I wake up we have definitive news regarding LeJon, Melo and Love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

I'm going to bed, hopefully when I wake up we have definitive news regarding LeJon, Melo and Love.

Jaysis lad, if you sleep for that long people will think you're in a coma

• Advertisement

@GoodmanESPN: D-Wade is now here at LeBron's Skills Academy camp -- for whatever thats worth.

Nick Camino ‏@NickCaminoWTAM 23m
    Source close to LeBron James' agent Rich Paul has told Newsradio WTAM 1100 that his decision will be announced by 11:00 pm (4 am here) tonight.

4 am, feck, I have work at 9. I guess I will just have to wake up to the news. If I was a Cavs or Heat fan I would not be sleeping!

Jeez this Sheridan guy who broke the story is a real testy kind of guy. Come across very abrasive in the 2 radio interviews he has done on the topic.

Wade After Leaving Bron's Camp: "Life is Good, I'm Going Home"

BQQ wrote: »
    This seems endless.

Yeah, I agree. It's not as if it's one of the biggest decision of he and his families lives or anything. :pac::P

Like D2D, you must also be climbing the walls mate.

I'm sick of it at this stage if I'm honest, been checking on and off throughout the day but been non stop since about 7 and it's looking like it's gonna go on for another few hours at least. With Wade been out there, that changes the picture yet again...

Sefolosha is an Atlanta Hawk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Paully D wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree. It's not as if it's one of the biggest decision of he and his families lives or anything. :pac::P

Like D2D, you must also be climbing the walls mate.

I was earlier, but now I just want it to be over.
    Tired. Will check back in a few hours

I'm sick of it at this stage if I'm honest, been checking on and off throughout the day but been non stop since about 7 and it's looking like it's gonna go on for another few hours at least. With Wade been out there, that changes the picture yet again...

One would presume Wade making an appearance was making a last ditch, 11th hour bid to change LeBron minds.

• Advertisement

Well I'm still awake so said I'd check in. Good to see I only have another 2 and three quarters of an hour to wait......:rolleyes:

Don't do it to me Melo, don't do it to me. :pac:

4371996255d301253620934be7de885c.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

How about some predictions?

Where will the following play next season.

James = ?

Bosh = ?

Melo = ?

Love= ?

James = ?

Bosh = ?

Melo = ?

Love= ?

LeBron = Cleveland, Bosh = Houston, Melo = New York, Love = Cleveland

For me:

Honestly, I never thought LeBron would leave Miami this summer but I have to think that there's no way the decision makers in Cleveland or LeBron's camp would let the city of Cleveland get so hyped up about this and let the rumours carry on this far after what happened previously, unless there was a huge, huge chance that he re-joins them.

Bosh would stay in Miami without question if LeBron did, but he does the sensible thing and takes the max in Houston when LeBron goes.

Melo appears seriously caught between the money and trying to get it done for his home town (an aspect I admit I overlooked) vs going somewhere that gives him a much better shot of winning now. Ultimately the New York aspect + the more money + his family being happy and settled in the area wins out over Chicago and he puts his trust in Jackson.

Plenty of respected reporters (including Woj) have reported that the Cavs will go after Love if LeBron signs. If they give up Wiggins, they'll probably get him. If it comes down to LeBron wanting Love they're going to have to give him up. A complete guess on my part here but I think the Cavs have told LeBron they're confident on getting Love as part of this homecoming package. If the Cavs trade doesn't work out then Saunders may well be left with scraps at the trade deadline or losing Love for nothing in 2015 so it's in the interests of both parties that it gets done. If this trade goes ahead and teh Cavs manage to get Love without handing over Wiggins they'd have pulled off a steal.

James = Indiana

Bosh = Indiana

Melo = Indiana

Love= Indiana

As it's you DRD :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Hmm.

BsOgOTKCUAAMjgJ.png:large

James = Miami

Bosh = Don't know, guess at Rockets cause of rumours

Melo = New York

Love= Cleveland

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

While outside LeBron's home in Akron...

BsNbKOKCEAAVTAf.jpg

BsNfreLCQAANC8L.jpg

That guy in the Lebron 23 jersey is in Heat shorts, ffs.. and is that piece of thrash to the right in an Alonzo Mourning Heat jersey?!

https://twitter.com/LeBronsLawn

• Advertisement

Humans are strange.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement