Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Offseason 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

11:20pm ET now. Would he really announce it this late?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I don't care anymore.

That said, that mob will burn his house does if he stays in Miami.

Is this what it's like to be a Garth Brooks fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Fell asleep at 1, been up since 5...... exhausted but can't sleep

Maybe it's lack of sleep but I think our chances of getting LeBron are genuinely fading now. He's on a plane back to Miami with Wade on board before he heads off to Brazil for the final. Wade posted a picture on Instagram with #LaFamilia tagged to it, Micky Arison favored a tweet saying the Cavs chance are less than 80% now before un-favoring it... it's beginning adding up:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Wake up, excitedly check espn.com. STILL NO DECISION. Interminable.

• Advertisement

FFS, to top all this waiting off, the report which claimed Melo was definitely staying in New York is now not looking so definite. Melo apparently swinging back towards leaving.

The madness going on outside LeBron's house now includes a car crash.

Bs_N_s_UHCYAAc_B7x.jpg

buyer95 wrote: »
    The madness going on outside LeBron's house now includes a car crash.

Bs_N_s_UHCYAAc_B7x.jpg

Is that you Elin Nordegren? :D

#Woj Bomb.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/as-decision-nears--lebron-james-flies-to-miami-with-dwyane-wade-095402569.html

(Not really, but fascinating nonetheless)
    James' agent Rich Paul,has been privately telling people for weeks – even months and years – that he has been determined to deliver the prodigal son of Northeast Ohio back home.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

That's been known for a few weeks now, to be fair.

The betting truly is all over the place. The Cavs are out to 8/1 after being 4/1 for most of the past 5 days or so, but have been cut in the past few hours by just a tad to 4/9 after drifting to 4/6. Any other team out to 12/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    That's been known for a few weeks now, to be fair.

The betting truly is all over the place. The Cavs are out to 8/1 after being 4/1 for most of the past 5 days or so, but have been cut in the past few hours by just a tad to 4/9 after drifting to 4/6. Any other team out to 12/1.

What odds he quits and joins a minor league baseball team? :D

I think everyone will be so worn out by the time he announces it that everyone's reaction will be: *meh* "exactly as i predicted at one point over the last few days"

Meh, I'm done with both LeBron and Melo's decisions now. It's the same back and forth on Twitter etc and will be until they decide where to go.

Chris Sheridan must be the most nervous man in America at the minute (or not if he's that confident in his sources). If LeBron doesn't go to Cleveland, Sheridan is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Interesting take on why Lebron may be reluctant to go back to the Cavs.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11194890/how-lebron-james-play-dan-gilbert

"If it wasn't for that letter, this would've been done awhile ago," one source said.
    Nice one Gilbert.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/11201955/dan-gilbert-letter-issue-lebron-james?ex_cid=sportscenterTW

I knew that letter would cause problems but I think this is being blown outta proportion as we wait on for a decision to be announced

EDIT: rumors that LeBron wants an apology from Gilbert (which sorta makes sense) but I dunno will Gilbert actually do it. If it's to get LeBron, you really have to

Paully D wrote: »
    Meh, I'm done with both LeBron and Melo's decisions now. It's the same back and forth on Twitter etc and will be until they decide where to go.

Chris Sheridan must be the most nervous man in America at the minute (or not if he's that confident in his sources). If LeBron doesn't go to Cleveland, Sheridan is finished.

He seems utterly confident still, almost defiant. To be fair to him, he did break the Melo to NY story before anyone else did at the time, and rarely makes such bold claims like this.

Regarding the letter. That's a very, very easy out for LeBron isn't it? Almost too convenient. If he was to stay in Miami he could turn the hate from the fans he would get from Cleveland again back to Gilbert by citing the letter as a reason.

Gilbert would be an idiot not to apologise if that's all it takes mind.
    Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    He seems utterly confident still, almost defiant. To be fair to him, he did break the Melo to NY story before anyone else did at the time, and rarely makes such bold claims like this.

Aye, I generally find him very good and for that reason I hope this doesn't backfire on him. Like you say, he was spot on about Melo. To be as confident as he is you would think his information is coming from someone extremely close to LeBron, life wife or mother close.

I listened to a couple of radio interviews he did yesterday and he was so confident he was close to hanging up when questioned about the validity of his claims. It was quite funny.

Paully D wrote: »
    Regarding the letter. That's a very, very easy out for LeBron isn't it? Almost too convenient. If he was to stay in Miami he could turn the hate from the fans he would get from Cleveland again back to Gilbert by citing the letter as a reason.

Gilbert would be an idiot not to apologise if that's all it takes mind.

Aye, I generally find him very good and for that reason I hope this doesn't backfire on him. Like you say, he was spot on about Melo. To be as confident as he is you would think his information is coming from someone extremely close to LeBron, life wife or mother close.

I listened to a couple of radio interviews he did yesterday and he was so confident he was close to hanging up when questioned about the validity of his claims. It was quite funny.

These were very funny, Sheridan is a real testy character, who seems to love this drama.
    Both these are well worth the listen.
    http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/10/podcast-discussing-lebron-on-cleveland-radio/
    http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/10/discussing-lebron-james-reporting-with-espns-colin-cowherd/

LeBron's block in Akron, 7:37 a.m. local time.
    4ebc6e79e2075.image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

If LeBron doesn't sign with the Cavs those people will burn his house down (and rightfully so) but in 4 years time they will be on their knees ready to to do anything for him to come back.

If LeBron doesn't sign with the Cavs, i think he cements his place in the See You Next Thursday Hall of Fame.

Woj: Dwyane Wade left cross-country flight with LeBron James to Miami still unsure of which way James is leaning, sources tell Yahoo Sports.

• Advertisement

-- Away from LeBron, the Warriors have signed Shaun Livingston. Great pickup for them and delighted for Livingston

-- Bucks and Pacers are talking on a trade for Roy Hibbert http://journaltimes.com/sports/basketball/bucks-beat-butler-being-courted-by-thunder/article_5ba3fd40-07ee-11e4-b184-001a4bcf887a.html :
    In the days leading up to the draft in June, rumors circulated that the Bucks were seriously shopping beleaguered veteran center Larry Sanders.

A report recently surfaced the Bucks had offered Sanders to the Brooklyn Nets as part of a package deal that would have brought veteran center Brook Lopez to Milwaukee. Brooklyn reportedly rejected the offer.

I was told by an NBA official that the Bucks also had discussions with Indiana and were interested in acquiring veteran Pacers center Roy Hibbert, who hasn’t performed up to his lofty contract. Hibbert’s contract calls for him to earn $14.89 million next season. He then has a player-option the following season for $15.51M.

Re: picture above.

Pathetic [insert adequate expletive].

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Cali Angry Roller-skate

Melos not going to the bulls I just realised he can only get 68 mil there as opposed to 129 in NYC it's knicks or lakers at this stage

Melos not going to the bulls I just realised he can only get 68 mil there as opposed to 129 in NYC it's nicks or lakers at this stage

AFAIK, it's more, but would involve a sign and trade with Boozer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Back to the Cavs he goes. Damn

via NBA.com

And so it is true. A momentous day for the Cavs

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm not joking, I've speechless and got goosebumps right now.... He's coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BsRuDOjIYAM4UsL.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Fingers crossed they hold onto Wiggins now and let him develop without having to be the star on a team.

• Advertisement

Glad he didn't have another televised decision
    I’m not having a press conference or a party. After this, it’s time to get to work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement