Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Offseason 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Great future for the cavs . Good to have it over !!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm not joking, I've speechless and got goosebumps right now.... He's coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BsRuDOjIYAM4UsL.jpg

Happy for you, pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm not joking, I've speechless and got goosebumps right now.... He's coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BsRuDOjIYAM4UsL.jpg

Enjoy this day man, congratulations. I am delighted for ye!

Also, LMFAO at Wade.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

BsRsCbjCYAAa5Vl.jpg:large

• Advertisement

Is the Wiggins for Love trade still happening?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Also, LMFAO at Wade.

Yeah I think the image of Wade laying on his couch confused and not able to stand up with knees perfectly sums up the Heat now.

Ade RT'd it, worth posting here.

May 20: @Cavs win Draft lottery w/ 1.7% chance

June 26 – Draft @22wiggins

July 1 – @KyrieIrving 5-year deal

July 11 - Sign @KingJames

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Bugger!

I personally guarantee that the heat will win a championship before he does. :pac::p

Seriously, Good luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Damn, didn't think he'd go back.

Cynic in me says he's never going back if Cleveland didn't get 3 #1 picks in the space of 4 years, but the letter comes across as fairly genuine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Hopefully other players will start making their decisions now. Yeah you Melo.

I think I can help Kyrie Irving become one of the best point guards in our league. I think I can help elevate Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. And I can’t wait to reunite with Anderson Varejao, one of my favorite teammates.
    -LeBron

No mention of Wiggins. Is the Love thing more or less a done deal?

I am shocked & disappointed in today's news. However I will never forget what Lebron brought us for 4 years. Thanks for memories @KingJames

Heat owner Micky Arison

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

David Blatt has pretty much had the best possible offseason imaginable for a coach entering his first year with a team anyway!

buyer95 wrote: »
    Heat owner Micky Arison

A tad bit more respectful than Gilbert.

This guy who ran onto the court will be happy. Pity he's banned from the stadium :pac:

ap_heat_cavaliers_basketball_4_3.jpg

I wonder will the new Cavs jerseys be fireproof this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Cheers lads, it still hasn't sunk in with me yet:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Dan Gilbert tells Yahoo: "Just happy for the people of Cleveland. We are driven at core by one thing: Delivering the city a championship."

From LeBron's website, he's gonna be wearing 6 for us
    BsR1OrYCQAAHZI9.png

@ChrisMannixSI
    Houston "calling everybody," rival exec says, trying to clear the necessary room to sign Chris Bosh. Plan to sign Bosh, match on Parsons.

1:02pm · 11 Jul 2014 · web

Cavs 4/1 favourites to win the title
    Heat? All the way down at 16/1
    Paddy Power have the Pacers at a better price than Miami

My cousin just made a good point, forget Wade, imagine being Napier.
    That's been known for a few weeks now, to be fair.

The betting truly is all over the place. The Cavs are out to 8/1 after being 4/1 for most of the past 5 days or so to win the Championship, but have been cut in the past few hours by just a tad to 4/9 after drifting to 4/6 to sign LeBron. Any other team out to 12/1.

Slashed back down to 4/1. They'll close around 2/1 at shortest, more than likely 3/1 by opening tip in October by my reckoning.

• Advertisement

Aww.

Bs_Rw_G7_LIQAAw4_GP.jpg

My cousin just made a good point, forget Wade, imagine being Napier.

Oh yeah, didn't they basically draft him because LeBron wanted him?

So, in the hour after Lebron's decision, the Heat Twitter page has lost 300K followers aka bandwagon fans.. that is quicker than I imagined :eek:
    Oh yeah, didn't they basically draft him because LeBron wanted him?

Yup, yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Congrats D2D, I'm happy for you. Unlucky also to the genuine Heat fans who get on here such as BQQ.

On another note, Wade has sacrificed over $40m for 2 years, Bosh has been left out in the cold until now and Napier was courted by LeBron for months which made the Heat draft him which was obviously done to appeal to him. There was a lot of truth in what Mo Williams said last night about LeBron making you feel a billion dollars when you're his teammate, but stomping all over people on the way out. I don't know, but I'd wager good money that Wade wouldn't have opted out if he knew LeBron was going to leave and the Heat wouldn't have drafted Napier.

Man, even I'm going to find it hard to root against LeBron winning a ring in Cleveland though. What a fairytale story that would be. The 30 for 30 makers must be about to explode thinking of the possibilities :pac:

Bosh to 'soon' agree to the max with Houston.

Deng to Phoenix is on the cards as of now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm so excited for next season now.

Even though the Cavs will be favourite for the East, it's not easy to go into any team and put it all together straight away as LeBron notes himself in the essay on Sports Illustrated. They're such an inexperienced playoff team at the minute and have a new coach, it will take time. The Bulls, Pacers, et al will fancy their chances of knocking them off in year one for sure. In the West the Spurs are the Spurs, the Rockets look to be assembling a trio of Harden, Bosh and Howard with Parsons and you'll have some young teams like the Suns hoping to take the next step up among many other teams, not to even mention the likes of the Thunder, Clippers and Warriors.

Possibly the most open Championship we'll have had for many a year and it should be extremely enjoyable with different narratives all over the league.

Also, fair play to Chris Sheridan. He stuck to his guns and virtually put his career on the line even when things looked like they might be starting to slip away . I'm glad that a writer who is not currently with one of the "big boys" in terms of reporting broke the story. He's obviously very close with someone in LeBron's inner circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Reports saying Cavs offering, Bennett Waiters and 1st round pick for KLove.

Stephen A reporting that Melo has ruled out LA and thats it's between Chicago and NYC now.

Man this day is one of the most exciting days in ages!! TGIF haha

On to Melo who has ruled out going to the Lakers. Straight pick between Knicks and Bulls. Honestly, if Melo goes to the Bulls, they should win the East.

Lakers going for Lin! It's all happening

stuba wrote: »
    Reports saying Cavs offering, Bennett Waiters and 1st round pick for KLove.

Stephen A reporting that Melo has ruled out LA and thats it's between Chicago and NYC now.

Man this day is one of the most exciting days in ages!! TGIF haha

Take it Minny, TAKE IT!!!

• Advertisement

ESPN: The Rockets are trying to trade Jeremy Lin to the Lakers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement