Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Offseason 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

stuba wrote: »
    Reports saying Cavs offering, Bennett Waiters and 1st round pick for KLove.

Stephen A reporting that Melo has ruled out LA and thats it's between Chicago and NYC now.

Man this day is one of the most exciting days in ages!! TGIF haha

Surely the timberwolves can get a better offer than that for Love.
    If Wiggins isn't part of the deal, he'll be going elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Sh!t just got real. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

BQQ wrote: »
    Surely the timberwolves can get a better offer than that for Love.
    If Wiggins isn't part of the deal, he'll be going elsewhere

Saunders has to play this very well. If he doesn't, he'll end up going to the trade deadline and having to take scraps or losing Love for nothing this time next year.

They can get better offers and that's probably just an opening from the Cavs, but teams will be extremely weary now of signing Love without a commitment that he'll resign. If he says he'll only resign in Cleveland, teams aren't going to trade what it would take to get him and the Timberwolves can either take what they're given, or have Love coast through a season before setting off to Cleveland in 2015.

If LeBron has been told he has a very good chance of pairing up with Love this year then they'll probably have to give Wiggins up, but Saunders has to be careful. A big test of his Basketball Operations capabilities coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I used to hate LeBron. The way he left left Cleveland was horrible and arrogant but this letter is well written and he kinda apologies for it. He left Miami with a bit of class and dignity. I hate LeBron a little less today lol

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

Lol @ Miami, worst fans in the history of sports...apparently 500,000 people have unfollowed the Miami official twitter account in the past hour.

What about Cleveland? the new Vegas? First Johnny Football, now Lebron! nah still Cleveland lol

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Considering what Golden State offered previously, there is no way in hell the Twolves take that. As said above, Wiggins has to be part of the deal.

There's been some small murmurings of Wade to Chicago and Melo to Cavs if not Love in the past hour, Phil will surely want Wiggins as part of that.

• Advertisement

Hazys wrote: »

Lol @ Miami, worst fans in the history of sports...apparently 500,000 people have unfollowed the Miami official twitter account in the past hour.

What about Cleveland? the new Vegas? First Johnny Football, now Lebron! nah still Cleveland lol

Lebron fans not Miami fans.

They were Cavs fans before changing to heat fans and now back to Cavs fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

THIS JUST IN: Yahoo reports Chris Bosh has signed a 4yr $88 Million contract with the Houston Rockets

BQQ wrote: »
    Lebron fans not Miami fans.

They were Cavs fans before changing to heat fans and now back to Cavs fans.

and tbh, their the worst fans ever.

Genuinely feel bad for the real Heat fans, absolutely sucks to lose someone like LeBron but he guided ye to 2 Titles and 4 straight Finals. Ye can build on for the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Sanchez signs for arsenal yesterday and now the best ball story of the year, I'm not a cavs fan btw or a Miami one, just a fan of graat athletes

Houston is finalizing a deal to send Jeremy Lin to the Lakers, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

• Advertisement

Good read on how Sports Illustrated managed to keep that LeBron exclusive quiet:

http://adage.com/article/media/sports-illustrated-lebron-james-exclusive/294096/

Real GM on Lin/Lakers:
    Update: The Lakers will receive a future first round pick and other draft considerations, while sending back cash and the rights to an overseas player back to the Rockets.

Nice move from the Lakers giving up virtually nothing and getting a serviceable bench PG who'll give you 12 and 5 a night plus a future 1st back. Not a move that will have Lakers fans jumping up and down but one that may pay off for them down the road.

43684048fcaf20cdf5324d83e861db93.png

:pac:

Some things you cannot erase from your mind.

BsR4N-LCQAEXZFp.jpg:large

WOW!!

Woj: The Chicago Bulls are gauging interest with free agent Dwyane Wade, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

D Wade looking for his own 'Coming Home' headline

not sure about the Knicks' salary situation, but that might be an option that would appeal more to D-Wade.

BsR6en9CIAEgR9N.jpg

WOW!!

Woj: The Chicago Bulls are gauging interest with free agent Dwyane Wade, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

On the face of it, I don't like it. But then I look at the stats and see (albeit only 54 games) 19/4.7/4.5 a night with a 54% FG % and I think "okay."

Meh, I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

Paully D wrote: »
    On the face of it, I don't like it. But then I look at the stats and see (albeit only 54 games) 19/4.7/4.5 a night with a 54% FG % and I think "okay."

I don't like it tbh. Those numbers are alright but it's on 54 games, not 82. He's good if he's healthy but fact is, he's gonna be sitting out at least 20 game again. I think Wade's best days are behind him now and staying in Miami might be for the better with him

WOW!!!! AGAIN!!!!

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 3m
    Chris Bosh is finalizing an agreement to return to Miami on a five-year, $118M deal, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Paully D wrote: »

Don't want him. Had a chance to come in 2010, and didn't. Then all the stuff between Chicago and Miami since. Also no defense, knees are ****ed, game won't age well cos his outside shot isn't great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

WOW!!!! AGAIN!!!!

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 3m
    Chris Bosh is finalizing an agreement to return to Miami on a five-year, $118M deal, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Not sure why he didn't go to Houston, but will make Cavs-Heat games quite interesting if Miami aren't blowing things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

How fun has today been? Hopefully Melo will give us an answer over the weekend too, keep all the "drama" going.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m
    Yahoo Sources: Chris Bosh agrees to five-year, $118M deal to return to the Miami Heat. http://yhoo.it/1mHtnmx

Reports: Nick Young has agreed to a 4-year, $21.5m deal to stay with the @Lakers. 4th year is player option

Isaiah Thomas signed a 4-year, $28M offer sheet with Suns. Kings will have 3 days to match once they get offer sheet. Yahoo reported 1st

So, let's get this straight. This off-season -

1) lost Asik and Lin
    2) overpay for Parsons
    3) kept McHale
    4) missed out on LeBron, Melo and Bosh

Moreyball.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Ade, where has Asik gone? Or is it a case of going, going... gone?

Surprised that Bosh chose Miami over Houston, but at the end of the day $118/5 is $30m guaranteed more than $88/4 and his family are probably happy as Miami is not exactly a bad place to live! I'm sure staying in the much easier Eastern Conference played a part in his decision too.

Cavs acquire the Los Angeles Clippers 2016 second round draft pick from the New Orleans Pelicans in exchange for forward Alonzo Gee. Cavs are in talks with Troy Daniels and James Jones

stuba wrote: »
    Ade, where has Asik gone? Or is it a case of going, going... gone?

It's a messy deal but the Pelicans are going for Asik. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/11/cavaliers-reportedly-trading-alonzo-gee-to-pelicans-which-could-lead-to-omer-asik-trade/

Woj: Pau Gasol turned down a two-year, $10M-plus per deal with the Lakers, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. Likely moving on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Dare2defy, you will enjoy this. Great piece http://grantland.com/features/god-loves-cleveland/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement