Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Offseason 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

NBA 2014 Global Games have been announced:

Houston Rockets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves will play at the Mexico City Arena on Nov. 12

Milwaukee Bucks vs. New York Knicks will play at The O2 in London on Jan. 15

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

NBA 2014 Global Games have been announced:

Houston Rockets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves will play at the Mexico City Arena on Nov. 12

Milwaukee Bucks vs. New York Knicks will play at The O2 in London on Jan. 15

Not sure I'm massively keen to go and see the Bucks........:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Not sure I'm massively keen to go and see the Bucks........:(
    They will have either Embiid, Wiggins or Parker, just to have a look at them would be worth while

astonaidan wrote: »
    They will have either Embiid, Wiggins or Parker, just to have a look at them would be worth while

Oh yeah, forgot about that........well, when you put it like that it becomes a different proposition entirely!

Oh yeah, forgot about that........well, when you put it like that it becomes a different proposition entirely!
    Im here to change peoples perspective on life, Im kinda like the Dali Lama but I curse more :D

• Advertisement

astonaidan wrote: »
    Im here to change peoples perspective on life, Im kinda like the Dali Lama but I curse more :D

Fo shizzle my ninja

Kevin Love spotted in Boston over the weekend :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Cali Angry Roller-skate

Kevin Love spotted in Boston over the weekend :):):)

with rondo no less.

i don't want him to be honest all reports show us giving up 2 first rounders sully, kelly o and green it just seems like a lot for a guy who is a star but will not drag you to the playoffs and i don't know if his addition to the team would even make us a playoff team never mind a championship contender

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Felexicon

with rondo no less.

i don't want him to be honest all reports show us giving up 2 first rounders sully, kelly o and green it just seems like a lot for a guy who is a star but will not drag you to the playoffs and i don't know if his addition to the team would even make us a playoff team never mind a championship contender

He would make you a 4th or 5th seed in the East straight away. Title contender? No

Felexicon wrote: »
    He would make you a 4th or 5th seed in the East straight away. Title contender? No
    Id fancy dragging a team to the playoffs in the east myself, Love will 100% do it

• Advertisement

with rondo no less.

Yup, saw the pics. Not saying Love will be a ticket to the finals on his own, but hi and Rondo as a starting point would be an awful lot better than where Boston are now, and I say that as a fan.

I'd trade the above for him, in a heartbeat.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

They played together at UCLA so it has to be taken with a grain of salt, they could just be hanging out during their offseason. Although this soon after he said he'd test free agency is intriguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

They played together at UCLA so it has to be taken with a grain of salt, they could just be hanging out during their offseason. Although this soon after he said he'd test free agency is intriguing.

They went to different colleges, didn't they? Love to UCLA and Rondo to Kentucky?

My first reaction was that they may be friends and could just be hanging out while Love is on a vacation, however, then I saw that Love's agent was with him and that's a whole different ballgame.

There's something in it IMO. Love is extremely unlikely to be back there for 2014 and even if he is, he won't be signing with Minny in 2015. They have their hands tied really and need to cash in while they still have the chance. I wouldn't be surprised to see Love popping up around different teams that may be interested in trading for him during the offseason. Though I think he'll be a bit more discreet with the next visits if they happen. This one probably a bit of ploy by him and his agent to make it crystal clear that he wants to be traded.

I think making a move for Love is a massive risk, though one I would make. You run the risk of something going wrong during the season and him deciding to sign elsewhere (which may happen even if everything goes well) which would be a disaster. I also don't know if the Celtics would be a good move for Love. They're got a lot of rebuilding to do, and while Love and Rondo would be a good base, they're still maybe the length of a new contract (4 seasons or so if everything goes right) away from being a contender IMO. I'm sure there's teams in a far better win now situation that would be interested in his services and could provide the first round pick and a couple of veterans that can provide leadership that Minny are asking for, according to Woj. The Warriors, Bulls and Rockets for example would be much better landing spots from a Championship winning point of view and could provide what is asked.

Woj also said the below a while back:
    Sources say Love has stressed to the Timberwolves that he's desperate to get to a winning situation and that the constant losing has worn on him. Minnesota has not reached the playoffs in Love's six seasons and endured a particularly disappointing 2013-14 season, missing out on a top-eight spot in the West thanks in part to a number of close-game defeats.

The Celtics will be bounced early in the playoffs, while an improvement on Minny, it's hardly the winning situation that Love aspires to get to and IMO wouldn't change for a few seasons.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Paully D wrote: »
    They went to different colleges, didn't they? Love to UCLA and Rondo to Kentucky?

Yeah my bad, was thinking of Westbrook for some reason!

Whoa, not saying it's a quick fix, just a starting point. I don't think even the most optimistic Celtics fans think landing Love will be a ticket to the Finals next year, it won't.

I've been saying for a few years now I see him going to the Lakers - with Westbrook. May take a few years for that to happen (i.e. Both of them there at the same time, but I think it will).

That said, I think it would be a great move for him to come to beantown. It'll be the second coming of Larry Bird in the eyes of Boston fans.

if it did happen the big advantage is that it would more or less insure rondo resigns but they would need to get rid of gerald wall aces contract and take a run at a few players in 2015 to make it work otherwise i can't see either player resigning.

to be fair though id imagine ainge (despite what he's said to the media) would be slow to trade if love does not agree to extend

I think you have to have a guarantee he re- signs to do this deal

I think you have to have a guarantee he re- signs to do this deal

i agree ainge said he would sign him for one year in the belief he would resign but i think thats risky as hell when your giving up so much and i would imagine its just talk

Jesus Christ :(

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-06-02/taj-gibson-cousin-murdered-butcher-knife-stabbed-brooklyn-double-stabbing
    The 6-year-old cousin of Bulls power forward Taj Gibson was stabbed to death in a Brooklyn elevator Sunday evening, the New York Post reported.

The young boy, identified as Prince Joshua Avitto, and a 7-year-old girl were in the elevator en route to get some ice cream at about 6 p.m. when an unidentified person wielding a butcher's knife attacked them.

“They were just coming outside to get some ice cream and ices,” said Inez Rodriguez, president of a tenants association. “This is the worst thing that I’ve ever seen in this neighborhood.”

After attacking the children, the suspect fled from the scene, leaving behind the butcher knife, the Post reported.

The girl managed to stumble out of the elevator and collapsed in front of a nearby building.

She was taken to Brookdale Hospital with serious lacerations and wounds, but is expected to survive.

Kevin Velez, 41, is a resident of the building who described the scene as Avitto was carried out of the building.

“He was lifeless, just lifeless. I can’t get the image out of my head,” he said. “There was blood all over the front door. This is horrendous. The police need to catch this animal.”

Just days earlier, an 18-year-old girl in East York died after she was stabbed 32 times in the chest.

Police aren't yet sure if the two attacks, which appeared to be random, are connected.

Gibson posted a photo of his late cousin on his Instagram.

"They killed my lil super man. #rippj only two more weeks until your 7 birthday. Tears forever this can't be life #foreversuperman #babycuzz," he wrote.

There were no surveillance cameras in the area, police said.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Paully D wrote: »

That's just horrific. How twisted do you have to be to attack 2 kids in an elevator with a butcher knife??

• Advertisement

theres a 30 for 30 on the bad boy pistons gone up on the american netflix for anyone interested.

theres a 30 for 30 on the bad boy pistons gone up on the american netflix for anyone interested.

Very good watch. I saw it a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Also available at the below link if anyone doesn't have Netflix and wants to see it. I used it myself:

http://www.sockshare.com/file/AACDC2130BB9E205#

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Can we get the american netflix here? I cancelled the european version due to the lack of content that I was interested in. I've been told the american one is far better.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Can we get the american netflix here? I cancelled the european version due to the lack of content that I was interested in. I've been told the american one is far better.

sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Apparently the rockets have declined the option on parsons and will let him test FA as a restricted player. Bad move IMO, some team is gonna offer him a decent wedge

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nexflix in Europe is god awful.

Dragic progression over the years.

BpRt4QEIQAA7Ntp.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

stuchyg wrote: »
    Apparently the rockets have declined the option on parsons and will let him test FA as a restricted player. Bad move IMO, some team is gonna offer him a decent wedge

They only did it so they can sign him to a long term contract. If they picked up his option he would have been an unrestricted FA next year.

• Advertisement

James Harden actually received two votes for the NBA All-Defense team. Jesus ****ing Christ.

http://www.nba.com/media/060214-2013-14-All-Defensive-Team-Votes.pdf

Kevin Calabro of ESPN Radio and Stephanie Ready of SportsSouth should never, ever be allowed to vote again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement