Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Offseason 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Happy birthday Frank Vogel. All of 41 years old today. Pop and Carlisle, the two best coaches in the league for my money, didn't have a day of head coaching experience in the league at 41 for reference.

Pop was too busy being a CIA SuperSpy at the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Lulz.

Bqr0nYtCQAABKAp.jpg:large

Ade, what's that pic of? Won't open on my iPhone and won't be near my mac until tomorrow.....is it you and DRD on a bromance date at the movies? :)

Happy birthday Frank Vogel. All of 41 years old today. Pop and Carlisle, the two best coaches in the league for my money, didn't have a day of head coaching experience in the league at 41 for reference.

Vogel mightn't be an NBA coach at 42.....actually might not be an NBA coach at 41 and a few months.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Hilarious that the bet thief criticises Vogel heavily, particularly over the past handful of months, but is then trying to big up him.

Ade, what's that pic of? Won't open on my iPhone and won't be near my mac until tomorrow.....is it you and DRD on a bromance date at the movies? :)

Hate you.

John Wall in a retro Pacers jersey with his mom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Vogel mightn't be an NBA coach at 42.....actually might not be an NBA coach at 41 and a few months.
    I doubt he will get the chop, but even if he does he won't be out of a job for long.

Sounds like the Nets don't think they'll be able to re-sign Livingston.
    The Brooklyn Nets and Cleveland Cavaliers are discussing a swap of guards Marcus Thornton and Jarrett Jack, according to sources briefed on the talks.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Nets, after acquiring Thornton at the trade deadline in February, have identified Jack as a prime target for increasing their options at point guard.

Thornton has only one year left on his contract, which would appeal to the Cavaliers as they attempt to create as much salary-cap flexibility as possible for the summer of 2015.

Brooklyn is among the few teams in the league unafraid of trading for the two fully guaranteed years left on Jack's contract.

The Nets, sources say, are already weighing their backcourt options because they're fearful of losing Shaun Livingston to a richer offer than Brooklyn can make in free agency after Livingston exceeded all expectations last season playing on a minimum contract.

Because it is so far into the luxury tax, Brooklyn is limited to offering Livingston a three-year deal worth just over $10 million.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...n-jarrett-jack

Marc Stein
    @ESPNSteinLine
    Not exactly a surprise, but I'm told Andrea Bargnani has indeed informed Knicks he's opting in for next season just like Amare Stoudemire

Joy.

Joy.

Jesus wept.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Jesus wept.

Well, it's not the end of the news coming out of NY today..
    Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
    As planned, Carmelo Anthony will file notice with Knicks on Monday that he's opted-out of 2014-'15 season on contract, source tells Yahoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Sad to see Melo leaving. Think the Knicks are going to be in the running for the worst team in the league next year. Lots of work ahead to rebuild the roster

Melo with a healthy D Rose is better than the Pacers, and can probably beat the Heat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Lulz.

Bqr0nYtCQAABKAp.jpg:large

Wall in a Pacers shirt, Nice to see the support ;). The Jersey is great, Not sure about the 3/4 length jean-shorts with white socks. look :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

So where does Carmelo go? Chicago? Miami? where?

Indiana surely? :D:rolleyes:;)

Ah DRD, nice to have you back. Your absence since when the Pacers knew they were going out of the playoffs was really felt. Now that your Pacers are likely(I presume:P) to win the NBA next season I presume we can look forward to plenty of insightful posts from you on all things Pacers, and the poorness of John Wall abilities

Latest news this morning over here is that Knicks are looking to trade Shump for a late first round draft pick. Early rumours are that OKC are interested, possibly Charlotte too.

It would be great to see him at OKC replacing Thabo.

Simmons tweeted this recently.
    The Spurs best four players earned $32.3 million combined last season, only $1.85 million more than Kobe Bryant made by himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Is It Time to Move the NBA 3-Point Line Back?

Yes, imo....for this reason: "It’s no wonder the midrange game is dying: Why shoot a 40 percent 2-pointer when you can shoot a 38 percent 3-pointer?"

Not that I don't like 3s, but they're becoming too dominant a part of the game. I'm a fan of mid-range shots, but the way it is now, no smart team should ever take them.

Just read a fantastically insightful article, of which Bill Simmons was the subject matter. As a person who recently has dabbled in a spot of journalism, I really appreciate Simmon's writing for having a very clear voice. When you are reading a Simmons piece you know you are reading a Simmons piece. Although I usually learn more from reading Zach Lowe, I find Simmon's strikes a great balance between insightfulness and entertainment. Don't get me wrong, I read Lowe religiously, he is incredibly dedicated to his craft and breathes the game of basketball. Simmons' style is very different, but also very good imo. As a whole, Grantland is probably my favourite sports website on the internet. The article I'm referring to is this.http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/bill-simmons-big-score-20140429

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Latest news this morning over here is that Knicks are looking to trade Shump for a late first round draft pick. Early rumours are that OKC are interested, possibly Charlotte too.

It would be great to see him at OKC replacing Thabo.

Wow they really are looking to tank next season.

Tim Duncan has confirmed his intention to opt into his the final year of his contract. "Old Man Riverwalk" is back for another year, thats the second best news I've heard all day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Tim Duncan has confirmed his intention to opt into his the final year of his contract. "Old Man Riverwalk" is back for another year, thats the second best news I've heard all day!

The best news being DRD's return?

The best news being DRD's return?

Haha, no that would be the third best news. The best being that Mary I's exam results were out today and thank God, I will be back again there next year to climb another step on the ladder to becoming a teacher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Haha, no that would be the third best news. The best being that Mary I's exam results were out today and thank God, I will be back again there next year to climb another step on the ladder to becoming a teacher.

Ah nice. Fair play.

Fairplay mate. I'm qualified as a teacher this Summer, just waiting on exam results this Thursday. Looking for jobs in the meantime.

Fairplay mate. I'm qualified as a teacher this Summer, just waiting on exam results this Thursday. Looking for jobs in the meantime.

Nice one, congrats!

Some of ye are probably sick to the teeth of Simmons, but here is cool video from a few years back of Timmy. On the day he opts back in, I think it's appropriate.

Here's a stat I found interesting:

Wade, Bosh and James played five seasons in four when you incorporate those 87 playoff games; combined, they played over 10,000 more minutes than Duncan, Parker and Ginobili since 2010-11.

Shows once again how smart Pop is with his resting policy.

• Advertisement

FLAILS ARMS WILDLY.
    Breaking: LeBron James will exercise his early termination option with the Heat and become an unrestricted free agent, reports ESPN.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement