Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Road Somerville / Atlantic Coast

Options
  • 21-04-2014 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hey all,

Has anyone any idea when this road is going to open? I'm living down in Atlantic Coast and don't fancy facing the traffic jams outside the surf shops whenever I need to leave the house :)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭gary_walsh17

Hey all,

Has anyone any idea when this road is going to open? I'm living down in Atlantic Coast and don't fancy facing the traffic jams outside the surf shops whenever I need to leave the house :)

Cheers

According to local town councillors on thier respective Facebook pages, the road will be open before the Local & European Elections on 23rd May. think the candidates all want their picture taken as part of promoting themselves lol. Hopefully it is open by then! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sarahfayess

Cheers Gary!! The sooner the better :) Or I'll be photobombing them all

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Libby029

I am so glad they are all so proud of it, hopefully they do their photo opportunities on the new road, when the boy racers are down there doing donuts on it... it is going to be absolute turmoil for the residents that will have to put up with the high speed antics that will be happening on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sarahfayess

That is true, it's started already

Its a road. They could do that anywhere. Surely you aren't suggesting that the fact a road was built near you was a stupid thing?Boy racers do that crap everywhere!
    Libby029 wrote: »
    I am so glad they are all so proud of it, hopefully they do their photo opportunities on the new road, when the boy racers are down there doing donuts on it... it is going to be absolute turmoil for the residents that will have to put up with the high speed antics that will be happening on it..

• Advertisement

And anyway there will be speed bumps sooner or later on that road just like the prom has them now

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Road wont be opening till the end of the month anyway, after the election

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Also heard they weren't allowed open it as the half finished path on one side of the road was a big no no in terms of insurance so they seem to be finishing that path now.

Been a lot of work going on this week on the road, hopefully it's nearly ready to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jakeinthebox

I was told the other day that it will be opening in about 2 weeks time, so near enough the end of May/start of June

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I was told the other day that it will be opening in about 2 weeks time, so near enough the end of May/start of June

After the elections sometime, i'd imagine to avoid people taking credit for it (though some are already, apparently!!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Sully wrote: »
    After the elections sometime, i'd imagine to avoid people taking credit for it (though some are already, apparently!!).

Yeah but I think she is taking credit for everything that has been done in Tramore over the last few years Sully. Wonder how long she will stay independent!

Yeah but I think she is taking credit for everything that has been done in Tramore over the last few years Sully. Wonder how long she will stay independent!

Elections are all over with now anyway, assuming I am guessing correctly, the lady in question lost her seat. A hard fought battle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

You reap what you sew

Advertisement