Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Victoria Coren Mitchell wins EPT again

Options
  • 21-04-2014 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭

Took down the San Remo EPT by pacing her game just right. First person to win the EPT twice, after her 2006 London victory. Her take:
    These tournaments are all about pacing, for me, and I took it pretty close to the wire in letting my stack go down below 20 (sometimes below 10) big blinds several times when I felt there were no situations for getting involved without hands - but the pacing worked out and… well, like I said, I am just too many damned adjectives to be able to explain it all clearly. At some point I will. Maybe.
    Vicky is now €476,100 richer (before tax, I assume). :cool:

PS: plus a Slyde watch, which retails at $7 - 8,000 ! Ouch.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement