Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

user profile cannot be loaded!

Options
  • 21-04-2014 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Fairly old laptop im using,vostro brand.
    I know nothing about computers and this evening my computer will not allow me access the only user profile on it.
    when i clicked on the user profile this message appears m
    the user profile service service failed the logon
    user profile cannot be loaded.

any one have similar or same issue and what did you do to fix it and what would cause this to happen?

as i said above it is old and has a habit of turning itself off randomly.
    any advice appreciated.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

After it fails to let you log on to your profile, is it allowing you to use a temporary user profile, probably with blank desktop and documents?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Try a system restore first. Not sure how to get into the system restore menu specifically for you but killing the power while the laptop is running normally gives you the option for a startup repair (where you will find system restore). If not try googling your laptop how to get into system restore, it's probably an F something key while booting.

If that doesn't fix it read the following, or search for similar with your specific operating system:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

This happens to a someone I know and the above fixes it normally. If it's something that happens regularly you might want to try making a new account on the laptop and transfer the data over to it and use that one instead.

As for what would cause it to happen? Some issue with windows saving your user account, probably while writing more sensitive user account information to memory while it randomly turns off. Look into why its turning off randomly.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

ressem wrote: »
    After it fails to let you log on to your profile, is it allowing you to use a temporary user profile, probably with blank desktop and documents?

no the only options left on available to me on screen are restart,hibernate,shutdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

Try a system restore first. Not sure how to get into the system restore menu specifically for you but killing the power while the laptop is running normally gives you the option for a startup repair (where you will find system restore). If not try googling your laptop how to get into system restore, it's probably an F something key while booting.

If that doesn't fix it read the following, or search for similar with your specific operating system:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

This happens to a someone I know and the above fixes it normally. If it's something that happens regularly you might want to try making a new account on the laptop and transfer the data over to it and use that one instead.

As for what would cause it to happen? Some issue with windows saving your user account, probably while writing more sensitive user account information to memory while it randomly turns off. Look into why its turning off randomly.

Thanks for reply.I don't understand much of what you are suggesting but i will read the link and see if i can resolve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Do you have another account you can log into it with?, then just rename the corrupt profile

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

howyanow wrote: »
    Thanks for reply.I don't understand much of what you are suggesting but i will read the link and see if i can resolve it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/666-advanced-boot-options.html

Step 3
    If you Only Boot with One Operating System (ex: Windows 7)

This how you would go about opening system restore on Windows 7. Like I said however, depending on your operating system or laptop this may be different.

So:

Step 1: Power on laptop.
    Step 2: Keep tapping F8 until a screen appears, if the "Windows is starting" logo comes up turn off the laptop and try again with F5 instead of F8.
    Step 3: Select "Repair your computer" when the screen shows up.
    Step 4: Carry out a system restore. Select a "restore point" (the point to restore your laptop to) where the problem was not happening.

Example: Today is 22/04/2014 and a restore point exists for 01/03/2014...so I would choose this one, the one to pick depends on what's there. The first one *should* work however.

Advertisement