Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dark souls II - PC Thread

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Sinners Rise, those f**king
    bellyflop mummies in the water
    , motherf**king pieces of s**t! Go to hell you bastards!

Also the servers are back up.

I'm hugely enjoying the game so far. Whilst it's not quite as brilliant as Dark Souls in terms of level design I do like how most of the areas have some different routes and hidden areas. There's plenty of exploration to do and I'm seriously enjoying doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Don't think that's exactly fair. Graphically DS1 is far more consistent. World and NPC's are a very important part of creating the game atmosphere and hardly any of the NPC's make me feel an emotional investment. The level design is top notch (apart from Izalith which feels unfinished) and the music is miles better. The game feels like more love was put into it, and that's obviously Miyazaki's input, because you can really tell where he wasn't involved in DS2. It doesn't help that some of DS2's best parts are pretty much ripped from DS1.

Agreed. But graphically im judging it based on PC version and even with DSFix Dark Souls 2 is a better looking game. Apart from the repeating textures of course :pac: Aesthetically i think Dark Souls is superior, as i mentioned "the world" in my other post.

If i was to choose a favourite it would be DS1. But again gameplay wise DS2 is better having almost double the content

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

GeDoSaTo Alpha 4 is available

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/

Blog post has a warning about VAC bans there - pretty unnerving but I shall continue to use it! I especially like the cursor hiding feature - with the PS3 button icon mod and now cursor gone, my UI is finally free of all the bad portness! I'd prefer the ENB of course considering how mich better it looks:

But I fear that'd lower my FPS to the 40-50 range which I simply cannot accept! I suppose I should really try it out sometime though and see how my GPU actually handles it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

It's nice to see the ENB's slowly getting back the old Dark Souls look. Just needs to have less emphasis on contrast and lens flare, and with a custom texture pack it could be really beautiful.

Surely From realised the cursor would annoy controller players? No idea why it doesn't auto-hide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Have to agree, content wise DS2 is much better off than DS1.

Doing a lot of SL200 pvp on the Iron Keep bridge and while there are a lot of cheese builds like dual mundane avelyn you see a lot of variation too. It's not as bad as it was being made out initially. I'm at 8m soul memory so I'm at the point where I can match up against very high levels and it's not the non stop Havelmages as of yet anyway. PC still has a bit of catching up to do though so who knows how it will play out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Oh man... I joined the Rat King Covenant. Lots of fun so far :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Big Knox wrote: »
    Have to agree, content wise DS2 is much better off than DS1.

Doing a lot of SL200 pvp on the Iron Keep bridge and while there are a lot of cheese builds like dual mundane avelyn you see a lot of variation too. It's not as bad as it was being made out initially. I'm at 8m soul memory so I'm at the point where I can match up against very high levels and it's not the non stop Havelmages as of yet anyway. PC still has a bit of catching up to do though so who knows how it will play out.

Wait until you hit the 13 million soul memory tier!

There are still good matches to be had though tbh and even the havel mags aren't unbeatable sometimes, a lot of the time they're quite poor players so they have no idea what to do if you dodge their spell spam. Santiers spear and dual Avelyns are much more overpowerd than magic/hexes anyway.

I've stayed as SL150 pure DEX build the whole time and I still regularly win matches even though most can kill me in 2 or 3 hits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Wait until you hit the 13 million soul memory tier!

There are still good matches to be had though tbh and even the havel mags aren't unbeatable sometimes, a lot of the time they're quite poor players so they have no idea what to do if you dodge their spell spam. Santiers spear and dual Avelyns are much more overpowerd than magic/hexes anyway.

I've stayed as SL150 pure DEX build the whole time and I still regularly win matches even though most can kill me in 2 or 3 hits.

You on PC yeah? I've found the quality of player is terrible so far compared to the DS1 and Demon's fight clubs!

I don't mind Santiers too much, you can still bait it out. Avelyns are much more annoying as a good player can punish rolls with them so easy but as I said it's very rare to actually find good players so far anyway!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Big Knox wrote: »
    You on PC yeah? I've found the quality of player is terrible so far compared to the DS1 and Demon's fight clubs!

I don't mind Santiers too much, you can still bait it out. Avelyns are much more annoying as a good player can punish rolls with them so easy but as I said it's very rare to actually find good players so far anyway!

I'm Xbox, came across a few fight clubs the first few weeks but not seen one in ages now.

I find the level of PvP much better at heide's tower than iron keep but the wait for a summon tends to be longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Made a quick clip on how easy it is to beat the Dragon Rider boss. So easy you don't have to hit him!

• Advertisement

Came across my first cheater today. Couldn't damage him.

Also, this is my first ever YouTube video!

Where should I be posting this to get Namco's attention? Don't want cheaters to ruin this game.

Unfortunately hacking has always been an issue for Dark Souls (for PC anyway). It's alot easier to get trainers and manipulate your character when on PC.

There's not much you can really do, the best bet is to go to your Steam, then click Friends. There should be a tab called 'Recently played with' and click on this persons profile and then report him for violation.

You may possibly be able to get in touch with Steam support since you have physical evidence but I have never went down that road.

Edit: Also the characters name on the video may not be his actual Steam account name.

Yeah, I got my first cheater last night. Used banishment crystal and reported him for cheating through the players menu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I encountered a cheater today alibaba. I was ratting, got rank 3 woop!! Anyway yea first time i camde across a cheater i got like 5 greater lances into the guys back pummeled him with my +5 lightning great sword and his hp bar didnt budge.

Made it to the Belfry last night. Talked to some dwarf inside the door, joined his covenant (Bell Covenant I think), then for the next 20 minutes I was constantly being invaded, or summoned to invade. Feckin amazing! Arrived there with about 40k in souls though, which caused minor panic when the route to the bonfire behind me fogged up. Thankfully I made it out. Have yet to spend them.

Can't get enough of this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I seem to seesaw between amazing bell tower experiences and utterly frustrating ones.
    2 nights ago I was invading someone and was about to kill them when the servers died and I was knocked offline. I don't get many victories so having one stolen like that is very annoying.
    Similarly, wearing someone down to 1 more hit to kill, dying myself (fair enough) but then another phantom who has just arrived strolls over and finishes the job with no effort, and I get no credit. Has happened quite a few times.

One time I was invaded by two simultaneously (as usual), and I managed to beat them both back and escape. Couldn't believe it! Amazing feeling.
    Getting summoned with another bell guardian and gang stomping the host is also tremendous fun and despite never feeling sporting, always fills me with glee.

After several hours of fighting trespassers with no honor (2v1, running and healing etc) I got my comeuppance. I had quite a few kills after a few hours and went to speak to the NPC to rank up in the covenant, and get the next reward - turns out it was a titanite slab which I was delighted with. Anyway I was invaded as usual, and the invader ran up to me as I was finishing up with the NPC. During my attempt to vanquish the invader, I accidentally slapped the NPC around in the process and was immediately kicked out of the covenant! He's in aggro mode now, and I can't do anything until I find the absolution NPC, and pay a **** load of souls. Classic Dark Souls really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Made it to the Belfry last night. Talked to some dwarf inside the door, joined his covenant (Bell Covenant I think), then for the next 20 minutes I was constantly being invaded, or summoned to invade. Feckin amazing! Arrived there with about 40k in souls though, which caused minor panic when the route to the bonfire behind me fogged up. Thankfully I made it out. Have yet to spend them.

Can't get enough of this game.

bell bros represent!

I freed Rosabeth and did the stupid mistake of pulling the lever and getting ambushed by those rotten b@stards. I didn't see her die but now she's not in Majula and can't find her so I think she's pretty much gone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Cravez wrote: »
    I freed Rosabeth and did the stupid mistake of pulling the lever and getting ambushed by those rotten b@stards. I didn't see her die but now she's not in Majula and can't find her so I think she's pretty much gone :(

She might be standing beside Benhart just outside where you freed her. If not, I don't think she has a tombstone

I think I checked along that whole path but didn't see her but will check again later today. It's not that much of a biggie but is there any other NPC's that can upgrade the Pyro flame?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

That dragon :( i canni do it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I think I checked along that whole path but didn't see her but will check again later today. It's not that much of a biggie but is there any other NPC's that can upgrade the Pyro flame?

Carhillon, the Mage in No-Mans Wharf can I'm pretty sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

She should be standing in front of the Death Plaque below the Crestfallen Warrior. Enemies can't kill NPC's so if you didn't see her die from your swings she should be there.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    That dragon :( i canni do it !
    Saw it done with the Handmaid's Ladle today so yes you definitely can. Just need to figure out a good pattern.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

Ran into a glitch and am stuck at castle.

After the twin dragonriders boss and after you go up the ladder to the room with the giant and the stone soldiers the stone soldiers don't activate so you cannot progress.

Liquidus wrote: »
    Ran into a glitch and am stuck at castle.

After the twin dragonriders boss and after you go up the ladder to the room with the giant and the stone soldiers the stone soldiers don't activate so you cannot progress.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056826893

This thread gets a lot more attention! Are you playing the new SotFS version? I heard that it's different this time - try opening the door nearby and luring the manikins in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

J_E wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056826893

This thread gets a lot more attention! Are you playing the new SotFS version? I heard that it's different this time - try opening the door nearby and luring the manikins in.

Yes playing the revision, the above worked thanks.

Scholar of the First Sin got an update that fixes the durability issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement