Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lasek with Optilase

• 21-04-2014 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi
    I have a consultation with Optilase and have been advised I am suitable for Lasek. I am really considering it - but am understandably v nervous. Has anybody got any feedback from their experiences - positive or otherwise ? Also - if I do decide to go ahead - it wud be great to get €100 voucher - if anybody out there has one ??

Thanks
    Pollban

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Just sent you a Private Message with the referral details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

rok wrote: »
    Just sent you a Private Message with the referral details

Could you send me one?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Could you send me one?

Done.
    Think you need to mention the referrer details at the initial consultation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 irishwanderers

[font=arial, sans-serif]I have always dreamed about getting the procedure done and recently pulled out at the very last minute. It's a decision I feel I may deeply regret as it quite a good time to get it done and the institution was very reputable etc. IFor me, I felt I did not research it enough and the decision was just too rushed.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Two weeks though is plenty of time for you to do your own research and make your own conclusions whether you want to go ahead or not. I am not sure whether to blame my own clinic here or not but I never received any statistical information about the risks that are involved in the surgery. I was actually recommended to get LASEK not LASIK. As I crawled through threads/online forums/websites etc. I found too many people saying they regretted taking the surgery (all over the world) and they have side effects now etc. It was hard to put that into perspective of how much of a risk I am actually taking.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Some official studies that said ie.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]75% - no complications and 20/20 vision[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]5% 20/20 vision, dry eye problems.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]15% 20/20 vision, halos/starbursts etc. etc.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]would have been very helpful in helping me to make my mind up.[/font]

Advertisement