Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Menu ideas for 14 month old.

Options
  • 21-04-2014 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hey guys! Any ideas for menu for 14 month old? I feel we are getting a bit repetitive...
    Morning time: Ready Brek or Weetabix( sometimes with stewed fruit)
    Lunch and Dinner: Variation on meat/ Fish and veg
    Any new or interesting ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Hey guys! Any ideas for menu for 14 month old? I feel we are getting a bit repetitive...

Does he not just eat what everyone else is eating ? At 14 months I would not be cooking special meals .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

My little man(20 months) loves risotto, bolognese, meat balls(with spaghetti and passatta) . its so hard to try and keep thinking of different things!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Does he not just eat what everyone else is eating ? At 14 months I would not be cooking special meals .

Likewise my little guy eats with us and has done since the begining really except for where i make low salt variations.

But aside some lunch suggestions: scrambled egg, boiled egg, french toast, pancakes. Wraps or Pittas with tuna salad, egg salad (yes, there's an egg theme going on here!!), avocado salad, tinned salmon salad, ploughmans, soup. Melted cheese on toast, beans on toast. Peanut butter & banana sandwiches. Crackers & cheese.

Dinners - lasagne, beef/chicken casseroles, meat balls, beef/chicken curry, shepards pie, roast chicken, fish pie, spag bol. Or basically any meat/fish grilled or baked with veg & potatotoes/pasta/rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭annamarie2013

Yes I understand what you are saying re him eating what we eat and he usually does in fairness. Sometimes though I just would love to try something a bit different and wonder what others do. During the week when I am at work I feel that he doesn't get much of a variety :) He does get meat,fish, veg, pasta and potatoes. I'm just feeling guilty I suppose!! Some great ideas Ariana! Food for thought definitely! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Yes I understand what you are saying re him eating what we eat and he usually does in fairness. Sometimes though I just would love to try something a bit different and wonder what others do. During the week when I am at work I feel that he doesn't get much of a variety :) He does get meat,fish, veg, pasta and potatoes. I'm just feeling guilty I suppose!! Some great ideas Ariana! Food for thought definitely! :D

I try new recipes at the weekend occassionally but most of the time it's old reliables as well, but listen if it's not broken don't try to fix it, once your family is eating good healthy food most of the time then that's the main thing, don't beat yourself up. I've learnt from my two that there's no point giving babies things that aren't a family staple because eventually either you'll forget & stop buying it or get fed up making the food that only babs likes, or s/he'll realise nobody else likes/eats it and refuse it as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Do you mean meals to pack up for creche when you are not eating together? Or new ideas for you all?

I try to keep variety up very high just because I get bored easily! So different carbs (different types of rice, spuds cooked different ways, breads like naan pita pizza sandwiches rolls, noodles)... Different proteins (meat, fish, beans, eggs, lentils) ... and as many different veg and fruit as we can get. Whole family eats the same food.

Snacks, same idea. She gets crackers, cheese and fruit/veg, but it's different types of cracker, different cheeses and different fruit as much as I reasonably can.

Advertisement