Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to play in Dublin?

Options
  • 22-04-2014 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

So I have gotten a bit of interest in Airsoft lately and I am hoping to go up to Dublin in the summer to play a few games with some friends

I am just wondering what would be the recommended place to go to?

And am I better of renting out a gun and gear for my first time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

If you're new to Airsoft, then try before you buy, so do rent kit first and here is a list of sites that would be good for you to visit, that are in or near Dublin

Outdoor:

- Fingal Airsoft (North Co. Dublin)
    - Hilltop Airsoft (North Co. Wicklow)
    - Redbarn Airsoft (North Co. Dublin)

Mixed:

Sim-Tac Airsoft (Co. Meath)

Indoor:

- Tallaght CQB (the Block)
    - The Hive Airsoft (Tallaght Dublin)

I believe they all have rental packages available and welcome to Airsoft

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

S.E.A.L.s wrote: »
    If you're new to Airsoft, then try before you buy, so do rent kit first and here is a list of sites that would be good for you to visit, that are in or near Dublin

Outdoor:

- Fingal Airsoft (North Co. Dublin)
    - Hilltop Airsoft (North Co. Wicklow)
    - Redbarn Airsoft (North Co. Dublin)

Mixed:

Sim-Tac Airsoft (Co. Meath)

Indoor:

- Tallaght CQB (the Block)
    - The Hive Airsoft (Tallaght Dublin)

I believe they all have rental packages available and welcome to Airsoft

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the info :) Out of the two Indoor courses which would be the better and busier one? I have seen videos on both, I would just like to go to a busy place with a good few people so it would be a better experience :)

OriginV wrote: »
    Thanks for the info :) Out of the two Indoor courses which would be the better and busier one? I have seen videos on both, I would just like to go to a busy place with a good few people so it would be a better experience :)

This really depends on who you play with and what environment you want to try or prefer

As Tallaght CQB (the Block) is a mostly close playing style, with true multi level and 360 degree attack/defend options, so for newer players this level of Airsoft may not be the most enjoyable and you really would have to try it for yourself to be sure if CQB is for you or not

As for The Hive Airsoft (Tallaght Dublin), its much the same as the above, just smaller (about half the size), with a different set of game types and more cover, however, just as Tallaght CQB you really would have to try it for yourself to be sure if CQB is for you or not

• Registered Users Posts: 15 airsoftkid

the hive is like double the size of the office block they have between 20-30 each day while the block has about 10 the hives staff are sound and the games are savage and intense THE HIVE DEFINITLY

airsoftkid wrote: »
    the hive is like double the size of the office block they have between 20-30 each day while the block has about 10 the hives staff are sound and the games are savage and intense THE HIVE DEFINITLY

airsoftkid, its clear you like the Hive more, however, your statement is confusing, as the Hive is about 20,000 square foot with 2 floors and Tallaght CQB is about 40,000 square foot with 3 floors, both are good sites, with different games and playing environments

Both sites have good numbers on weekends and mixed numbers midweek, staff at both sites are sound and helpful ;)

So while your opinion is clear, the statement is not and I would like you to give more details if possible? :)

• Advertisement

tallaght cqb have only 2 floors ive played on both sites alot and the numbers are definitly not the same theres a big difference dude and dude the hive is bigger honestly the hole of hive is in play while the office block bottom floor is 4 storage and take a visit to both then come back to me and tell me the tallaght cqb aka office block is bigger youll find ur wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

<snip> no need for that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Play nice lads, remember there are rules here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ive only ever played in the hive and i liked it. my cousin played in both indoor ones and said the hive is alot better and bigger. he also said tallaght CQB is lucky to get 10 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

airsoftkid wrote: »
    MarkY91 wrote: »
    ive only ever played in the hive and i liked it. my cousin played in both indoor ones and said the hive is alot better and bigger. he also said tallaght CQB is lucky to get 10 players.

You two cousins?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Back on topic.....This is not a contest between sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Blay wrote: »
    You two cousins?:pac:

nope. im just repeating what ive heard from my cousin. hes been to both places about 5 times each

nope im definetly not his cousin

Advertisement