Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to learn from the very beginning

Options
  • 22-04-2014 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hello guys i hope to further my career by learning IT starting from the very start like understanding html and stuff any books or websites would be great sorry but just wanted to make it clear I'm a new interested beginner!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,901 ✭✭✭✭L1011

What is it you actually want to do? Wed development and general IT are extremely different fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭clarbar

general IT first I would like it to get to know I'm qualified in office word excel and all that so what do you recommend

Not HTML anyway.

As an actual beginner, the CompTIA A+ is worthwhile to get a broad albeit shallow (and occasionally deep in completely useless places unfortunately) basis in general IT - hardware, networking, Windows. I'd recommend buying a book on that and looking through some of the free videos before committing any further cash on it - the exams aren't cheap and professional training on it is pointlessly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭clarbar

hi had a look at what you recommended and i didn't really like it but went onto some learn html sites and I'm starting to like it so would like to learn that

clarbar wrote: »
    hi had a look at what you recommended and i didn't really like it but went onto some learn html sites and I'm starting to like it so would like to learn that

http://www.w3schools.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement