Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Atletico Madrid v Chelsea, UCL SF, k/o 7:45pm UTV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Atlético!!!!

You're a Manchester United fan right...

lol

Going against the grain here, Chelsea to win 2-0.

An away goal would be fantastic, hoping for a score draw myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

Its utv and tv3 every Tuesday game and rte 2 every Wednesday game

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

eagle eye wrote: »
    Torres to score and put Chelsea up 1-0 only for Costa and Turan to reply and set up a great second leg with Atleti leading 2-1.

Serously I'm fed up hearing about Costa this, Costa that. He is a quality player but the real star of that team for me is Arda Turan.

Throw in Koke, Godin, Courtois and others as well.

They are a good side all over the park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I got a decent price on Atletico for CL at the start of the season so getting a good sweat. Form says they will win this and will trade off for the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Chelsea are experienced in these type of CL games, Atletico are not. This will be invaluable. We'll see how Atleticos nerves hold up if things aren't going their way after the first half an hour.
    Am I right in thinking that the majority of the Chelsea team were involved in 2012 semis? Experience will out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lads, can someone clarify the Courtouis situation please? He's obviously playing tonight, but do Atletico have to pay money to Chelsea because of it or is he able to play freely? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Cech, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Mikel, Luiz, Lampard, Ramires, Willian, Torres

Interesting lineup, obviously Mourinho is focused on not conceding judging by that side, I do worry though if there is enough, if any, goal threat in that side.

Courtois; Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Filipe; Mario, Gabi; Koke, Raul Garcia, Diego; Diego Costa.

That's the Atletico side, the big news is that there is no David Villa from the start with Diego Ribas getting the nod ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

4-3-3 from us, Hazard on the bench, hoping to ctach Atletico on the break it seems, lets hope it works.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

GavRedKing wrote: »
    4-3-3 from us, Hazard on the bench, hoping to ctach Atletico on the break it seems, lets hope it works.

No Hazzard on what I am looking at , where did you see that ?

Chelsea bench: Schwarzer, Ake, Kalas, Oscar, Van Ginkel, Schurrle, Ba. (UEFA)

Paully D wrote: »
    Lads, can someone clarify the Courtouis situation please? He's obviously playing tonight, but do Atletico have to pay money to Chelsea because of it or is he able to play freely? Cheers.

After UEFA said Chelsea cant demand he be dropped, it looks likely that it'll be sorted out between the clubs behind closed doors in the summer or might even be factored into any potential Costa deal.

Word is Courtois is to sign an extension prior to the WC with us until 2018 but theres nothing concrete on that only a few IDK Twitter Chelsea lads that have been reasonable with info and a few tabloids speculating Courtois will sign an extension with us but spend one more year at Atletico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Usual dour approach from Mourinho. Should have stuck another DM in there instead of Torres for a more attacking line up.

No Hazzard on what I am looking at , where did you see that ?

Chelsea bench: Schwarzer, Ake, Kalas, Oscar, Van Ginkel, Schurrle, Ba. (UEFA)

Checked a wrong Twitter account, ah well.

Keep hazard for the return leg, no point risking him if hes not 100%.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Usual dour approach from Mourinho. Should have stuck another DM in there instead of Torres for a more attacking line up.

We've none left, Van Ginkels only back from injury but ya a dour line up, sure we should go all out attack and get murdered on the counter, one thing Jose isnt is naive, that would play into Atleticos hands.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I think the deal is Chelsea have waved the fee , kind of sweetener for the Costa deal plus there is due to be an announcement next week that he has signed a new contact until 2018 but will do another season on loan with Atl Madrid

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    We've none left, Van Ginkels only back from injury but ya a dour line up, sure we should go all out attack and get murdered on the counter, one thing Jose isnt is naive, that would play into Atleticos hands.

Well we did get slaughtered last time we played them

Well we did get slaughtered last time we played them

Ya, that wasnt a great game although Falcao ran riot that night, everything he done was brilliant, think he hit the woodwork a few times too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

How many players starting on a,yellow tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Can't wait for people to suggest Diego Simeone for United manager after they watch their first Atletico match. Should Atletico win obvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Atmosphere looks to be really building. The fans will be really up for this. Such a huge game for Atleti.

I'm not sure Chelsea's negative lineup will help them.

Revising my prediction to 2-0 Atleti

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

My God TSHO gambling in a big way tonight is it inspired or insane but in any event in TSHO we trust G'WAN THE BLUES

weiland79 wrote: »

For us just JT I think no doubt Ram will manage a red though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

I'd prefer Mourinho to go for it rather than sit back...but if we do get ahead it'll be possible for them to break us down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

is costa playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Can't wait for people to suggest Diego Simeone for United manager after they watch their first Atletico match. Should Atletico win obvs.

Ah, our first hipster in the thread.

Atmosphere sounds great.

Luiz, Mikel, Willian and Lampard according to the ITV graphic just there.

Kobe, Gabi and Juanfran for Atletico.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Corvo wrote: »
    Ah, our first hipster in the thread.
    Probably the most overused term out there but a definite headshot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Mourinho gets more surly by the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Jose no comment on Moyes... hmmmmmm!

Luiz, Mikel, Willian and Lampard according to the ITV graphic just there.

Kobe, Gabi and Juanfran for Atletico.

Yikes! willian is not adverse to the odd brain fart either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Cech
    Azpilicueta,--Mikel--Cahill--Terry--Luiz--Cole
    Lampard--Ramires

Willian

Torres

I see what your doing Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Come on Madrid !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Chelsea line up seems very negative. :confused: Atletico aren't exactly a full on attacking outfit. This match could be very boring now. :(

Kaiser2000 wrote: »

What do ya expect him to say, that Moyes is a terrible manager who deserved to be sacked, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

What do ya expect him to say, that Moyes is a terrible manager who deserved to be sacked, lol.

Nah man...... just come out and say sod this lot, I'm off to Old Trafford in the summer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Kaiser2000 wrote: »

Why would he comment. His side are about to play in a champions league semi final im sure he cares less about Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

stadium looks impressive

• Advertisement

Stargate wrote: »
    Come on Madrid !!

Would you not rather a draw or Chelsea win so they have one eye on the second leg rather than a clear Madrid win and Chelsea then not worrying much about a second leg.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Whoa.... John Terry got to toss the coin.
    I bet he's all made up.

What age is Costa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

What age is Costa?

Mourinho gets more surly by the day.

Possibly he heard the roaming phone costs and is upset about much it will cost to call the wife after the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

He looks alot older .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Champs League s/f time. Love it!

2-1 Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Nah man...... just come out and say sod this lot, I'm off to Old Trafford in the summer :D
    Eight Ball wrote: »
    Why would he comment. His side are about to play in a champions league semi final im sure he cares less about Moyes.

With the questions about Moyes' long term successor I'd be amazed if he hasn't been approached behind the scenes to see if he might be interested.

It just seemed very "move on quickly" from him which makes me wonder that's all! :)

He looks alot older .

I was thinking the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Comon athetico will be a tight game seperated by 1 goal at most im sure- 2 very good defences-:cool: hopefully rameries gets sent off along with torres :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement