Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Atletico Madrid v Chelsea, UCL SF, k/o 7:45pm UTV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

snor fest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Damn AM are blessed how are we not 3 up beyond me. Think we might pay for those missed chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

This was always going to go this way. Tomorrow night is where the action will be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Grayditch wrote: »
    That Chelsea jersey is lovely.

Chelsea fan? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Damn AM are blessed how are we not 3 up beyond me. Think we might pay for those missed chances.

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

That_Guy wrote: »
    Do fans of Chelsea really enjoy watching them play week in and week out?

They hardly play like this every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Did you fall asleep in that half and dream of a different match? Nodded off myself to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Stargate wrote: »
    Chelsea fan? :D

South Korean Electronics and Adidas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

The Chelsea line-up is doing what its supposed to. I’m sure Jose will be happy enough so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

South Korean Electronics and Adidas :)

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Fudge You wrote: »
    What about Van Der Sar??? Champions League winner. twice I think.

Might just shade it but oul Mark thought this was just a paypacket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

How is Mourinho untouchable from nearly all corners of the media. "Solid defensive display" is the cry from most reputable journalists on Twitter at half time.

While they've defended well they've been absolute garbage in doing anything attacking wise.

Moyes was criticised for far less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Nervy enough so far but there's mistakes in their defence. Need to let Willian play through the middle I think to let him hold up the ball and get it as far as torres... Keep it the same until 65 hopefully then schurrle on for lamps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

If people don't enjoy watching Chelsea turn the ****ing thing off and stop complaining. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

How is Mourinho untouchable from nearly all corners of the media. "Solid defensive display" is the cry from most reputable journalists on Twitter at half time.

While they've defended well they've been absolute garbage in doing anything attacking wise.

The difference tends to be results... If we get battered 4-0 tonight you can be sure mou would get the same treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

hard to watch this. Don't want to upset any chelsea fans but my god they're so awful. Mou's standard tactics against superior opponents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

So I Google Chelsea physio on images
    oh lord cancel all calls.

People seem to forget the defensive side of the game. Chelsea are the away team and don’t need to go hell for leather.

Moyes was criticised for finishing outside the top 4 and messing up the champions league. We have a shape something ManU not had all season.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

atypical Mourinho CL performance.

suck any spark out of the opposition whilst mulling out a performance.

Highly disciplined . Highly boring . Highly impressive - (oxymoron)

Mourinho is the master at this and I expect the same come Sunday against Liverpool.

Mourinho's Chelsea 2.0 really are just Bolton with fancier players.

Don't forget he was originally got rid of by the oligarch for exactly this kind of football.

The difference tends to be results... If we get battered 4-0 tonight you can be sure mou would get the same treatment.

That's fair enough.

If this was a real underdog team with no budget or whatever, I'd probably be singing their praises but they're not. They've far superior players imo and should be taking the game to Madrid this second half. They're far better than the negative tactics they're being asked to play imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

It's smart tactics from Chelsea. Atleti struggle when the game is played out like this.

No room in behind for them to counter attack into, which is their strength.

It's not pretty but Jose or any Chelsea fans won't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

That Chelsea jersey Doctor is lovely.

Fixed that there for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I think Chelsea will come out all guns blazing this half!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

When moyes can get a twam to the ucl sf and 2nd in the league maybe he'll get a free passage too, you do what ya have to do.

We've been poor going forward but solid at the back, ill take that, considering how good Atleti can play.

Agueroooo wrote: »

Mourinho is the master at this and I expect the same come Sunday against Liverpool.

Ah it won't be like this at all, this is definitely a special kind of defensive, against pool it'll be back to a normal 433 with a decent ambition to attack too.

Agueroooo wrote: »

It will be a completely different game Sunday. Chelsea won’t need to be so defensive.

Second Captains via Twitter.
    Is this one of those matches that appeals to "the purist"? Those guys often enjoy the games the rest of us think are shíte.

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »
    It will be a completely different game Sunday. Chelsea won’t need to be so defensive.

They can't afford to be. They need to beat Liverpool and i think coming out of their shells will give Liverpool a great chance of all 3 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ah it won't be like this at all, this is definitely a special kind of defensive, against pool it'll be back to a normal 433 with a decent ambition to attack too.

Just like they were at Old Trafford, the Emirates and the Ethihad ;)
    I'd be let down if Liverpool are as one dimensional as Atletico seem to be.

Chelsea obviously should play to their opponents strengths to appease watching ManU and Liverpool fans. Just what is TSHO thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

What's with the Atletico free kicks? Trying to manouvere a better angle for the cross and have managed to mess it up every single time

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'd say both teams would be reasonably happy with 0-0 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Chelsea are entitled to approach the game in whatever way they see fit, as is every football team (West Ham included).

Makes for a piss poor spectacle though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Rank rotten to watch. I'd say Romans checking his monthly accounts and wondering how so much money is paying for this cowardly display. No intention at all to attack from Chelsea. Defend deep and launch it up in the vague direction of Torres, who if Chelsea lose, will probably be abused by Mou for not scoring.

AC/DC. Best part of the game so far.

Liamalone wrote: »
    I think Chelsea will come out all guns blazing this half!

I think there's more chance of David Moyes winning the league.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

GTR63 wrote: »
    Just like they were at Old Trafford, the Emirates and the Ethihad ;)
    I'd be let down if Liverpool are as one dimensional as Atletico seem to be.

Atleti certainly aren't one dimensional. One of the most annoying aspects of Champions League games are the experts who come out of the woodwork despite watching teams for the first time.

Chelsea obviously should play to their opponents strengths to appease watching ManU and Liverpool fans. Just what is TSHO thinking.

He should be more worried about appeasing his pay master. Abramovich got rid of him once for playing this kind of pukeball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

The result is all that matters at this stage, though life would be a lot easier for them if they stopped giving the ball away so cheaply.

One thing though, Madrid won't be too disappointed with a 0-0 either I would think, what with no away goal being conceded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Very poor from very expensive superstars. JM should be eating humble pie after his rant about West Ham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Did |Chelsea just have a shot on target?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

He should be more worried about appeasing his pay master. Abramovich got rid of him once for playing this kind of pukeball.
    There was much more to Mourinho's departure than the stye of football being played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Very poor from very expensive superstars. JM should be eating humble pie after his rant about West Ham

hopefully he has a nice chunk said pie after the UCL final.

Luiz getting the Luiz treatment from diego

Get him off the pitch.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Chelsea are entitled to approach the game in whatever way they see fit, as is every football team (West Ham included).

Makes for a piss poor spectacle though

Of course they are except the fact they have one of the most expensive sides and wage bills in all of football and they play like a team of yard dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Looks like Jose has the retro playbook out, play acting from his players to burn up time. Straight out of the Porto UEFA cup final game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement