Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Girl's Getting Game

Options
  • 22-04-2014 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭

God, that feels like the title of a Mills&Boon novel! ANYWAY. Currently a size 24, want to go to a size 12 and be able to walk 8km without getting very breathless. I'm not worrying about speed, just to be able to do it. My fitness is almost nonexistant, and I need to get better at it.

The plan is as follows:

Monday, Wednesday: Nike Training Club Cardio, yoga
    Tuesday, Thursday: C25k, light weights
    Friday, Saturday: weights and NTC
    Sunday: C25K and yoga.

Now, let's just hope I can do this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Yesterday:

Stumbled my way through C25K. Did it running around the basement car park of my apartment building, it was...an interesting experience.

Weights:
    10 bicep curls
    10 dumbbell rows
    10 dumbbell lunges

After those my arms were aching, so I called it a day.

Yesterday:

Nike Training Club Cardio

20 minutes of yoga

Taking today off because my ankle is killing me (I broke it a year ago, it still gives me gip.) Have the support bandage back on it, hopefully it'll feel better soon. I'm not risking damaging it further.

After a GP's appointment and an ankle check, I'm good to go. Have to wear a support bandage when I'm running or walking long distances, and I'm currently searching out swimming pool memberships. This shall be an interesting few weeks.

Managed the Couch to 5k today, just back from it. Did 3.12k in 35.24. Kinda thrilled about the time, tbh, it means that I'll manage a k in ten minutes soon enough, which would be fantastic. Did a tiny bit of yoga, nothing much to write home about.

Couch to 5 k day 2: 2.68km in 32 minutes. Not my best time at all, but hey, I did it. Go me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement