Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Easter

• 22-04-2014 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Is it a good idea to go back into school after Easter break? I'm in the Easter study that my school does, and I feel like I get more work done on my own, and not in a class. Most teachers are doing revision when we get back in, and I could do much more at home rather than going in, seeing as there's only 5 weeks when we go back, I think now is when the extreme cramming needs to happen to brings my fails in the pres up to passes. So is it a good idea to stay at home and work on my own, getting grinds in subject off family who are teachers, or going back in? Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Kyro

If you are disciplined enough to put in the work at home, don't go back in. If you know that you will do nothing at home, go back to school.

I also don't have any plans to go back to school - except for Maths as we haven't finished the course. Convincing my parents will be another problem though. I actually wanted to leave school in January to study at home - I honestly think it is much more efficient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Kyro wrote: »
    If you are disciplined enough to put in the work at home, don't go back in. If you know that you will do nothing at home, go back to school.

I also don't have any plans to go back to school - except for Maths as we haven't finished the course. Convincing my parents will be another problem though. I actually wanted to leave school in January to study at home - I honestly think it is much more efficient.

Last year, I pretty much dropped out once the orals were done and the projects were signed off on and I can tell you it's a lonely existence. It's all personal preference though. There's nothing stopping you going in for one or two classes if you feel they would be beneficial but I wouldn't limit yourself entirely either way. Keep your options open.

I'm in an awkward situation because I have a fantastic biology teacher whose revision classes are incredible. Also, we are not finished the Maths course so I have to go in for that. Aside from that I couldn't care less what the other teachers are doing as I know it will be of no benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dylan_1996

thelad95 wrote: »
    Last year, I pretty much dropped out once the orals were done and the projects were signed off on and I can tell you it's a lonely existence. It's all personal preference though. There's nothing stopping you going in for one or two classes if you feel they would be beneficial but I wouldn't limit yourself entirely either way. Keep your options open.

I'm in an awkward situation because I have a fantastic biology teacher whose revision classes are incredible. Also, we are not finished the Maths course so I have to go in for that. Aside from that I couldn't care less what the other teachers are doing as I know it will be of no benefit.

Yeah I was considering going in every now and then for certain classes, we've finished the maths course, I don't know if you two are in higher, but in pass we covered it, so Id only really go in for some maths revision, the rest of the subjects I can cover myself at home as you can wake up early and get work covered in the way you prefer to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Kyro

Dylan_1996 wrote: »
    Yeah I was considering going in every now and then for certain classes, we've finished the maths course, I don't know if you two are in higher, but in pass we covered it, so Id only really go in for some maths revision, the rest of the subjects I can cover myself at home as you can wake up early and get work covered in the way you prefer to

Yeah, I'm doing higher level maths. We're nearly finished the course - we just have to do Proof by Induction, and then bits and pieces from certain chapters. I'll be staying at home once I can convince my parents. I'll go in for Maths and occasionally Geography as my teacher does good revision.

I think it allows for a much more balanced lifestyle. You could do seven or eights hours study if you wanted to every day and you would still have plenty of time to relax, go to the gym, or have a part time job. This is why I wanted to leave in January but unfortunately I wasn't allowed.

Advertisement