Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Friendly bars Limerick

• 22-04-2014 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any dog friendly bars in Limerick (where dogs can go inside the bar)?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Happy14 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any dog friendly bars in Limerick (where dogs can go inside the bar)?

Thanks,

Being a Limerick native, with 2 dogs... I've no certain answers.

Are you from Limerick or visiting?

Maybe I could give you the names of some bars with an outdoor area or beer garden where they 'may' be welcome. I doubt any will allow it inside the bar.

I did the same myself when we visited Waterford last year. Got the names of a few bars set up like this - and rang ahead. Explained the dogs would be on leads and no trouble - and we were allowed in the beer garden (covered) with TVs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

With nearly every pub in the country serving some sort of food I'd say anything other than a guide dog would be a big no inside the pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

ken wrote: »
    With nearly every pub in the country serving some sort of food I'd say anything other than a guide dog would be a big no inside the pub.

Which is a real shame cos a lot of pubs in the UK allow it with no problem. Usually have a specific area even indoors where you can actually eat and have your dog settled beside you.
    One of the things I miss the most was being able to park up at the pub, go for a few hours walk with the pooches and reward myself with a well deserved ale at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Which is a real shame cos a lot of pubs in the UK allow it with no problem. Usually have a specific area even indoors where you can actually eat and have your dog settled beside you.
    One of the things I miss the most was being able to park up at the pub, go for a few hours walk with the pooches and reward myself with a well deserved ale at the end.

Oh +1 million, I love going to London to visit the friends and folks, go to the pub on a Sunday, bring their dogs outside OR INSIDE and have Sunday lunch, wonderful. Ireland is the most unfriendly dog country I've come across in this regard (and most other regards actually!)

Advertisement