Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish dumping at Martello Estate

Options
  • 22-04-2014 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Was out walking the dogs over the weekend and the rubbish that is dumped in the ditches is only disgusting. It's the road up to Martello beside the Educate Together School.
    Buggies , child stair gates , baby stuff and general household waste.
    WTF is wrong with people they won't pay €20 to go to the dump.

We maintain this estate as is to keep it clean and looking nice as FCC have never bothered in the 8 years I've been there.

What's the best course of action to take this further as e mails get me no where !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

When (and if) the local politicans come a knocking for your precious vote inform that FCC have done nothing with your area in 8 years. If they dont come knocking dig out their emails and let them know.
    Sadly you can do very little about the dumping except inform the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I ring this EPA number to report illegal dumping, any time I have its been cleaned up within a few days.
    https://www.epa.ie/enforcement/report/nationalenvironmentalcomplaintsline/#.U1a_Xu9OW70

I used to live in Martello, and I know the residents (and I also joined in) often go through the rubbish to find any identifying information. A library ticket was one thing found, turned into the library in the hope they could track it. In the ditches is one thing, but they used to dump it on the footpaths too. It's such a horrendous shame since I know how hard the Martello residents (Hi guysl!) work to keep the place looking good, with clean-up days and residents fun days and such. We used to have trouble with people dumping their rubbish at the side of our house for feck's sake! Can't remember what it was that gave it away to us, but I do remember that we managed to pinpoint that whoever was dumping rubbish at the side of our gaff definitely lived in the Martello estate too.

All I can say is if you're brave enough, try to go through the rubbish and find something to identify them. I'd actually be willing to help, I have a soft spot for that place after the two years I spent there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Caught a red hiace dumping there other day, got reg gave it to Garda, any other departments I should give it to?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You should inform Fingal County Council. On their Litter and Domestic Waste page:

"Illegal Waste Activity
    If you suspect that any illegal waste activity is taking place at a site or location in Fingal you should contact us on free phone 1800 2010 93 or email envserv@fingalcoco.ie. If you want to make a complaint about Environmental Protection please use the following form.

Illegal Dumping & Pollution complaint form

Members of the public can also report illegal dumping to the Environment Protection Agency (EPA) via a 24 hour Lo-call telephone number 1850 365 121."

• Advertisement
Advertisement