Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 10ks in May 2014?

Options
  • 22-04-2014 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any 10k races in Dublin in May? I am trying to participate in at least one race a month to keep my motivation up and need something for May so if anyone knows any it would be great!

Thanks
    JB x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Not a 10k, but the Sportsworld 5 mile is a good race, mid-May

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

arc 10km in phoenix park bank hol monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

colin32 wrote: »
    arc 10km in phoenix park bank hol monday

This may suit me. Did you do it last year? Anyone have any info about whether it was well run etc? I know it's a great cause so would like to give it a lash to see how the form is.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

I didn't do that one but did one which runs the same route. It's 2 x 5km laps and is a good run

Not as tough as the great Ireland course

colin32 wrote: »
    I didn't do that one but did one which runs the same route. It's 2 x 5km laps and is a good run

Not as tough as the great Ireland course

Great, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

The ARC was well run in my opinion last year. It started on time, and had just under 300 entrants starting on Chesterfield Avenue, so congestion is not really an issue. Overall standard was not that high - last year I finished in the top 10% (which wouldn't normally happen) and only 9 people ran sub-40, but they're expecting a bigger turnout this time and Gary O'Hanlon has apparently agreed to take part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

any idea of the route on this one?

I've taken a look online but can't spot last\this years...

Last year it was the same course as for the Aware 10k and others....

Start at Chesterfield Avenue/Furze Road junction
    Left at Mountjoy roundabout
    Right after Ordnance Survey
    In and out of the Furry Glen
    Top of the hill take a sharp left, wind your way back to the Furze Road
    Go to the end...and then do it all again :)

I presume it's the same this year, I haven't seen or heard any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Jelly-Bean

I know it may sound silly but I prefer doing runs that have a finishers medal. I do parks runs for my 5ks but like to have something to show for a 10k!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭NiallG4

The ARC was well run in my opinion last year. It started on time, and had just under 300 entrants starting on Chesterfield Avenue, so congestion is not really an issue. Overall standard was not that high - last year I finished in the top 10% (which wouldn't normally happen) and only 9 people ran sub-40, but they're expecting a bigger turnout this time and Gary O'Hanlon has apparently agreed to take part.

Not sure where you heard this. Gary is running Limerick marathon this weekend.

• Advertisement

According to ARC's FB page.... there's a photo of him with the guy from Amphibian King.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

NiallG4 wrote: »
    Not sure where you heard this. Gary is running Limerick marathon this weekend.
    According to ARC's FB page.... there's a photo of him with the guy from Amphibian King.

He'll probably run (and win) the both of them.

yaboya1 wrote: »
    He'll probably run (and win) the both of them.

He's doing Limerick. Apparently the field is strong with Harty and the two Kenyans (did one win the Samsung 10k, not sure).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 2Xpresso

Jelly-Bean wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any 10k races in Dublin in May? I am trying to participate in at least one race a month to keep my motivation up and need something for May so if anyone knows any it would be great!

Thanks
    JB x

There is a 7.5km run in Griffeen Park in Lucan on May 25th and a 10km in Corkagh Park in Clondalkin on June 29th. Google Ramble Aid.

Advertisement