Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre pay meter overpayment.

Options
  • 22-04-2014 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi. I recently checked my online account and saw I was €180.00 in credit. When I rang I was told that could not be transferred to my prepay meter. The €180.00 came from the household budget scheme which was paying off arrears, and I have now cancelled. 
    When I was topping up my meter Electric Ireland was deducting 25% for the arrears as recently as yesterday. Ringing Electric Ireland has now sorted that. 
    My question is this: 
    If I have been in credit with Electric Ireland why did the meter continue to deduct 25%? 
    If I was in credit where did the 25% deduction go?
    Also should I not receive credit back on my prepay meter from when my account went into credit?

Take care.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi almorris,

Can you please private message us your Electric Ireland account number and name, address and telephone number, confirming you are the account-holder?

Thanks and regards,
    Una

Advertisement