Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What wheely bin company are you with and how much is it monthly

Options
  • 22-04-2014 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

What wheely bin company are you with and how much is it monthly?

Comments

Doheny's - about 23 euros a month. V happy with them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Greenstar
    Monthly Charge: €6.50 and then you pay per lift
    General Waste: €12.80
    Recycling: €3.20

Given I can go a good few weeks without putting out a recycle or rubbish bin it works out far better value then a high monthly fee such as 23e a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

The dump, 5-10 euro depending on what ya drop in

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The dump, 5-10 euro depending on what ya drop in

Used to use the dump as well,

By far its the most cost affective weight wise, as long as you sort the stuff before hand and have a place to store the stuff until you have a decent amount to go with its def the way to go

Cabaal wrote: »
    Greenstar
    Monthly Charge: €6.50 and then you pay per lift
    General Waste: €12.80
    Recycling: €3.20

Given I can go a good few weeks without putting out a recycle or rubbish bin it works out far better value then a high monthly fee such as 23e a month.
    Just wondering - are they very big bins? Can you get away with just one lift of each per month? I get two general waste bin lifts and two recycle lifts per month. I don't think I could manage with less. If you had two lifts of each it would come to a lot more than 23 euros.

• Advertisement

inthehat wrote: »
    Just wondering - are they very big bins? Can you get away with just one lift of each per month? I get two general waste bin lifts and two recycle lifts per month. I don't think I could manage with less. If you had two lifts of each it would come to a lot more than 23 euros.

Both 240ltr bins,
    I find I can get maybe 6 weeks out of recycle and if I crush it down a few times, maybe 4 weeks with general rubbish

Cabaal wrote: »
    Both 240ltr bins,
    I find I can get maybe 6 weeks out of recycle and if I crush it down a few times, maybe 4 weeks with general rubbish
    I don't know the capacity in litres of my bins - I reckon the general waste one is a lot smaller than 240 litres. Maybe I should do a bit of shopping around!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Greenstar, but got the smaller 140Ltr for the general waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I don't know the capacity in litres of my bins - I reckon the general waste one is a lot smaller than 240 litres. Maybe I should do a bit of shopping around!

mine comes in at just under €30 a month but think some one mentioned they get one for cheaper out the country but could not remember the name of it...was hoping to find out here. no joy so far

Greenstar offer two different bin sizes for the general waste,

The standard is 240ltr, however they do offer the smaller one (which I have), smaller bin costs around 8euro a lift

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

So all things equal greenstar offer the best service and value?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Bowlardo wrote: »

I'm with Dohenys and find them very good, bit expensive but very easy to deal with(changing from midi to large bin and replacing broken wheels etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Bowlardo wrote: »

Yeah they're wheely good :pac:

Advertisement