Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike Free 5.0

Options
  • 22-04-2014 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering did any one move from Gel / Form Runners

to a more "Natural" Running something like NIKE Free 5.0 ? i got a pair but my feet are killing and just wondering how long did it take you to get used to them, do you still get Injuries while running if you used to get them before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

I did - be careful with these - I have 2 pairs and tried a race in them and had problems with my right knee during the race. I now only use them for walking around with orthotics as I have a collapsed arch on my right foot. The Free's using their insoles caused over pronation any time I ran in them. I have to have stability runners like Kayano's or Saucony Guides. Would recommend you get a gait analysis done (only place I know is Amphibian Kings)

CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

I have been using the Nike Free 5.0 and 3.0 for the last 18 months and have nothing but good things to say about them.

But as per usual it all depends on that type of gait you have. The Frees just happen to suit me

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Nash Bridges

I have been using Nike Free 4.0 for a few months now. They are really comfortable but I would echo others comments about being very careful with slowly building up use of them.

I thought that I was easing into them over the first 3 weeks running 4k or 5k at a time. Then I did a 10k race which left me hobbling for a week and not running for 3 weeks. Now I mix between them and my normal Asics.

If you are thinking of them I'd say go for it, the 4.0s I have are quite light and more comfortable than any other running shoe that I have ever had. But you can't underestimate how gradual and deliberate you need to be building up your usage. I didn't find any clear guidance online but I suppose every body is different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Walkforestwalk

I am a big fan of the nike 5.0 but having spoken with friends and reading reviews online it seems to be that they either suit you or they don't.

For me I began my running in a pair of asics. I have small and very narrow feet and always felt a bit lost in them. I also had sore shin splits ( not entirely the shoe fault here)

When I was moving from 5-10k training I got my first pair of 5.0 and fell in love! They are light, very flexible and suit my slim foot. I was originally a dancer and I love a light shoe that I can move in very easily! Have recently bought my second pair :)

So far I have been working on my 10k times and I hope this time next year to maybe run half marathon. While I love my frees and will continue to run in them as I do, I am considering more support for the half training, although I will be needing a flexible shoe.

Advertisement