Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voucher website for clothes alteration - "Must show voucher beforehand"

Options
  • 22-04-2014 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

I bought a voucher off a group buying website for what amounted to half price in a clothing alteration store.

I brought in the clothes and a few days later I went to get them back.
    I presented my voucher and was told I should have told them about it when I initially presented the clothes.

What difference does it make how I'm paying? Cash? Card? Voucher?

Would they provide as good a service if they see I'm getting 50% off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Likely down to having put it through on their POS system at the full price and the effort involved in changing that. If its a franchise they will be paying commission based on turnover so running something through at a higher price can end up costing them more.

As goes differing quality - might happen, would be next to impossible to prove.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

MYOB wrote: »
    As goes differing quality - might happen, would be next to impossible to prove.
    I remember a friend of mine used always have BOGOF vouchers for doner kebabs in a well known takeaway. He would order 2 and then pull it out at the very end before it was entered in the till, I remember the server guy going mental once, they were nearly always pissed off, they never said it but would have given much smaller ones. They knew it, he knew it, everyone in the queue knew it but they could say nothing, he would be all innocent saying "what difference does it make?" and then smirking away knowing they would not dare give the true answer. They could have refused him the sale but never did.

I used to show the voucher in advance and always did get smaller kebabs alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

rubadub wrote: »
    I remember a friend of mine used always have BOGOF vouchers for doner kebabs in a well known takeaway. He would order 2 and then pull it out at the very end before it was entered in the till, I remember the server guy going mental once, they were nearly always pissed off, they never said it but would have given much smaller ones. They knew it, he knew it, everyone in the queue knew it but they could say nothing, he would be all innocent saying "what difference does it make?" and then smirking away knowing they would not dare give the true answer. They could have refused him the sale but never did.

I used to show the voucher in advance and always did get smaller kebabs alright.

I'd pretty much expect it with things where you'd probably get away with it - food vouchers barring maybe pizza (as its sold by size) being one. A bit harder to do a shoddier repair without damaging your reputation but it still isn't impossible of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

food vouchers barring maybe pizza (as its sold by size) being one.
    Pizza is an easy enough one, they just put less toppings on. We had some for a chipper who gave measly portions one day using vouchers, so the next guy using his got quarter pounders as its harder to skimp.
    damaging your reputation
    some might not care that much, I remember it coming up in a previous thread where someone got substandard stuff in a restaurant they usually go to -I think it is stupid for them to do this. Many of the places offering such vouchers are almost going bust, or really stuck for cash.

A chinese restaurant near me that does takeaway was doing offer meals via just-eat.ie it was €5, the portion I got was relatively small so I told friends this, any who would have been potential customers in the area. It since has closed down, it was always empty. They think they are saving by giving less, but with me they loss the potential of lots of new customers, but the next guy availing of the offer might have been a one-off. I even said to friends "I don't know if it was small due to the offer, but I am not going to risk getting a small one again after paying full price".

Advertisement