Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom uncongested broadband availability

Options
  • 22-04-2014 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello there, I was just wondering if I could avail of an eircom uncongested broadband bundle if I was currently 6 km from my local exchange? And if so what kind of speed would I be looking at?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

conhann wrote: »
    Hello there, I was just wondering if I could avail of an eircom uncongested broadband bundle if I was currently 6 km from my local exchange? And if so what kind of speed would I be looking at?

Hi conhann

Unfortunately if a line is at a distance of 6KM to the exchange it would be unable to avail of broadband. Anything further than 3 to 4KM is too far for broadband availability I'm sorry to say.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 9 conhann

Could you recommend any options because at the moment I have a mobile broadband hotspot and barely get speeds of 0.5mb download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

conhann wrote: »
    Could you recommend any options because at the moment I have a mobile broadband hotspot and barely get speeds of 0.5mb download

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi conhann

Unfortunately I would not be able to offer any other options but it may be worth exploring wireless/satellite providers.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Advertisement