Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction for backseat modding?

Options
  • 22-04-2014 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

I revived an Infraction for backseat modding, which I didn't do. I pointed out a fact in the matter that the poster had posted the same thing on 3 different forums and is an obvious troll, not modding.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Hi retrogamefan,
    She's been cross posting this in 3 forums. One of them was the courier forum.. I think she's either stupid, or she's a troll.

the post can be categorised either as backseat modding or incivility, and deserves at least a warning either way.

If someone is genuinely a troll, you report them, you don't accuse them on forum, because that just leads to everybody calling everybody they disagree with a troll - if they genuinely are a troll, the mods should deal with them. Hence "backseat moderation".

Hope that clarifies the categorisation of the warning.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Scofflaw wrote: »
    Hi retrogamefan,

the post can be categorised either as backseat modding or incivility, and deserves at least a warning either way.

If someone is genuinely a troll, you report them, you don't accuse them on forum, because that just leads to everybody calling everybody they disagree with a troll - if they genuinely are a troll, the mods should deal with them. Hence "backseat moderation".

Hope that clarifies the categorisation of the warning.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Wouldn't be what I'd call it! A previous poster was mentioning it seemed like she was trolling, that was a reply to their post. I forgot to quote, but anyways!

Advertisement