Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gone beyond a joke now!

Options
  • 22-04-2014 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Eircom have been a joke really to me also. Ordered the Efibre middle of February and installation appointment was made to install the beginning of March

I left work early to be at home for the engineer but he/she was a no show and no response from Eircom

Rang 3 or 4 times but eventually got fed up having to be on the phone for 45 minutes at a time (waiting time is a joke btw). Kept being told it is with the efibre escalation team but nobody got back to me.

Have then been on twitter since the 19th of March trying to find a solution from them, all I get is "sorry to hear this, we will get back to you shortly, it has been put to our escalation team blah blah blah"

It is now the 22nd of April and I still know nothing, and what is worse I have been billed €130 for this "service" which includes installation fee and 2 month's charge for this efibre, But why the bloody hell have I been charged for the Efibre when I don't have it???? When I rang about this the agent said that's in advance so I was expecting to get the Efibre installed soon? But NOTHING

Is Efibre/customer service real or an optical illusion? Why am I being met with the same generic response? When you say shortly is that shortly in real time or Eircom Customer Service time? I should have got my broadband from Sky as when they make an appointment at least they stick with it.

I think the situation can be summed up like this, 

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist" I am beginning to think that is the case with your Efibre!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Town Man wrote: »
    Eircom have been a joke really to me also. Ordered the Efibre middle of February and installation appointment was made to install the beginning of March

I left work early to be at home for the engineer but he/she was a no show and no response from Eircom

Rang 3 or 4 times but eventually got fed up having to be on the phone for 45 minutes at a time (waiting time is a joke btw). Kept being told it is with the efibre escalation team but nobody got back to me.

Have then been on twitter since the 19th of March trying to find a solution from them, all I get is "sorry to hear this, we will get back to you shortly, it has been put to our escalation team blah blah blah"

It is now the 22nd of April and I still know nothing, and what is worse I have been billed €130 for this "service" which includes installation fee and 2 month's charge for this efibre, But why the bloody hell have I been charged for the Efibre when I don't have it???? When I rang about this the agent said that's in advance so I was expecting to get the Efibre installed soon? But NOTHING

Is Efibre/customer service real or an optical illusion? Why am I being met with the same generic response? When you say shortly is that shortly in real time or Eircom Customer Service time? I should have got my broadband from Sky as when they make an appointment at least they stick with it.

I think the situation can be summed up like this, 

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist" I am beginning to think that is the case with your Efibre!
    Hi Town Man

I'm very sorry to hear this and I would like to apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please PM me the account details and I will look further in to this.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Anyone I have spoken to from Eircom has said they will look further into this! Sent PM with the case reference number. Hopefully a miracle might happen and I might hear something!

Any chance of a reply please? When will I get a new engineer appointment for the efibre to be installed?

As mentioned previously there has been no progress on your side to a pretty basic issue. I'm constantly receiving the same generic response about ye getting in touch shortly!

Any chance of a reply please?  When will I get a new engineer appointment for the efibre to be installed?

As mentioned previously there has been no progress on your side to a pretty basic issue.  I'm constantly receiving the same generic response about ye getting in touch shortly!
    Hello Town Man

I'm genuinely sorry for this ongoing delay, I can understand this is very frustrating however I have raised this to efibre operation to follow this up with urgency and as soon as I have more information I will let you know. I have also requested that you receive a call on this.

Thanks
    Al

Any chance of a reply please?  When will I get a new engineer appointment for the efibre to be installed?

As mentioned previously there has been no progress on your side to a pretty basic issue.  I'm constantly receiving the same generic response about ye getting in touch shortly!
    Hello Town Man

I'm genuinely sorry for this ongoing delay, I can understand this is very frustrating however I have raised this to efibre operation to follow this up with urgency and as soon as I have more information I will let you know. I have also requested that you receive a call on this.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for the response Alan but it has been raised with the efibre operation to follow with urgency since the middle of March. A simple phone call to your customer is all that it takes.

All the chasing is being done by me and I'm being told the same thing over and over again

• Advertisement

Hello Town Man

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for the response Alan but it has been raised with the efibre operation to follow with urgency since the middle of March. A simple phone call to your customer is all that it takes.

All the chasing is being done by me and I'm being told the same thing over and over again
    Hi Town Man

I can totally understand your feelings on this and I will of course let you know as soon as I have any further news.

Thanks
    Al

Still waiting ........ since March!

is this going to be solved at all? Must ring sky and upc to ask about their broadband products

Still waiting ........ since March!

is this going to be solved at all?  Must ring sky and upc to ask about their broadband products

Hi Town Man

I can confirm this is with the proper channels. Apologies for the delays, I will get back to you as soon as I have information. This will be resolved.

Thanks
    Al

Is there a time frame I can expect to get a phone call even??

Is there a time frame I can expect to get a phone call even??
    Hi Town Man

I expect to have more news for you before the end of the day.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Still waiting. ......... Another week

Not even getting a reply now!! The service is well and truly pathetic. Was supposed to have the efibre in since start of March. A shambles is all I can describe this as

Not even getting a reply now!! The service is well and truly pathetic. Was supposed to have the efibre in since start of March. A shambles is all I can describe this as
    Hi Town Man

I can totally understand your feelings with this and I would like to apologise for the delays. I will chase this up today with upmost priority.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Town Man,

You'd want your head examined if your still willing to go into a contract with these people.
    I'd be looking for my €130 back and going elsewhere if there was ANY other viable option. 

If they cant even install it for you in two months whats going to happen if theres a problem
    of any sort down the road?

Hi Town Man

I can totally understand your feelings with this and I would like to apologise for the delays. I will chase this up today with upmost priority.

Thanks
    Al
    All I have been getting is apologies and ye have been chasing it up since I first made the issue known 2 months ago............

Not good enough I am afraid, I will ring UPC this evening to see what they have to offer

All I have been getting is apologies and ye have been chasing it up since I first made the issue known 2 months ago............

Not good enough I am afraid, I will ring UPC this evening to see what they have to offer

Hi Town Man

I have been actively following this up today, efibre operations have confirmed that as a result or the recent issues the best solution was to completely close the existing order.

I can understand that this may appear as a step backwards but operations have assured me that by placing a brand new order and noting the previous issues will ensure that this will not happen again. Once ordered the installation should only take up to 10 working days.

If you could please PM me a mobile contact number and a confirmation of your address I will be happy to arrange a call from a sales representative to you to place this order.

Many thanks

Al

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Jesus christ that's a total shambles from Eircom. OP if you can get Fibre, then I'd go with the likes of Vodafone and get it from them tbh. Same setup. Make sure to get a refund from Eircom first of course. This thread alone shows how much of a joke they are. So much for Alan even getting back to you by the end of the day on the 2nd as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

We are having some problems myself with Eircom and we are disgusted at how they have treated us on the phone- between their lies and incompetence.

We signed up for the efibre and received FOUR text messages and two calls to confirm that a technician would be out last Friday between 9-1pm.
    They never showed, and didn't bother to call- resulting with a day off from work for no reason. Called in on the Friday at 2pm and was told he was 'just running late' .
    At this stage between my partner and I we have spoken to about 10 different agents, and each one has given conflicting information to the previous one.
    We were finally told yesterday that we would have a technician out with us next week, I'm not confident that that will happen at all.
    I really think that efibre is not yet available in my area (on their site it says June) but they are signing up customers in advance and then letting them down by no shows.

Really annoyed at how we have been treated so far.

Hi Town Man

I have been actively following this up today, efibre operations have confirmed that as a result or the recent issues the best solution was to completely close the existing order.

I can understand that this may appear as a step backwards but operations have assured me that by placing a brand new order and noting the previous issues will ensure that this will not happen again. Once ordered the installation should only take up to 10 working days.

If you could please PM me a mobile contact number and a confirmation of your address I will be happy to arrange a call from a sales representative to you to place this order.

Many thanks

Al
    The issue that caused the problem initially was the engineer failing to turn up for the appointment to install the fibre optic so please tell me how closing the existing order was the best solution??

So I am going to be waiting for an engineer to not turn up and this goes around in circles again?

tbh I am incredibly peed off with the lack of professionalism from Eircom, 2 bloody months and that is how ye solve my problem. All that needed to be done was to arrange a new installation appointment.

I have already supplied my mobile number and address so if you want me as a customer then the information is already there. I do not intend to jump through anymore hoops

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Townman the best thing I ever did was get away from eircom. If they became the only company in the country to supply phone and broadband I'd do without. Their customer service is normally incompetent and at times outright hostile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

try magnet fibre... or vodafone... or upc... €15 cheaper per package. no line rental

Hi Town Man

I can fully understand your feelings on this and I sincerely apologise for all inconvenience experienced so far. If you would like me to arrange a call to you to replace the efibre order please PM me your mobile number and address and I will have an agent contact you. When the order is placed I will request that this be montired and of course note the previous issues that have occured.

Thanks

Al

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Alan,

The man's problem is that the engineer failed to turn up when the original order was made. Then left him months waiting for an engineer to come out. After months of this, you are saying that Eircom's best solution is to cancel the entire order and re-submit it? It doesn't seem like there was a technical problem on the line or in the OP's house. It just seems to be a massive failure solely on Eircom's behalf.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

This happened my brother also ,after a month waiting he went with Vodafone abd get sorted within a few days

Back again.......

My flatmates and I decided to stick with the normal broadband that we had in the house as we will be there for less than 12 months. An old housemate moved out back in February and the account was changed to my name. We were on a package of €50 per month and I was assured back then that this package would stay the same and actually be cheaper

1 - 1st bill came for €160 (I originally mentioned €130) so obviously I was not put on the package as promised. Rang customer service and told it would be dealt with and to leave it with them

2 - Start of June another bill came for €128 again including Line Rental and other charges. This after I was told initially would be sorted

3 - Rang customer service a day later (nearly 3 weeks ago) and was told I was not actually on a package but would be sorted and my bill credited to the correct amount. Was told I would be rang in the next 24/48 hours by someone from Eircom (As you can guess NOTHING)

4 - The broadband had been playing up aswell, reported a fault and engineer came and put note thru letterbox saying the fault had been fixed. However a week later the internet kept disconnecting and reconnecting and when I was put onto the faults department they had no recollection of my account number and said I was not on their system. Was told this was down to having put in an order for efibre and accounts being switched. Still waiting for someone else from Eircom to ring me

5 - Today Wednesday the 25th of June I received a letter from Eircom from the overdue accounts section requesting that the money I owed (€288) be paid otherwise my service would be cut off.

Seriously I don't have the time and energy to keep chasing ye up. Between this and the efibre it has been a total shambles on your side. All I get from customer service on the phone and from ye is apologies but no end result

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mossyman

Back again.......

My flatmates and I decided to stick with the normal broadband that we had in the house as we will be there for less than 12 months. An old housemate moved out back in February and the account was changed to my name. We were on a package of €50 per month and I was assured back then that this package would stay the same and actually be cheaper

1 - 1st bill came for €160 (I originally mentioned €130) so obviously I was not put on the package as promised. Rang customer service and told it would be dealt with and to leave it with them

2 - Start of June another bill came for €128 again including Line Rental and other charges. This after I was told initially would be sorted

3 - Rang customer service a day later (nearly 3 weeks ago) and was told I was not actually on a package but would be sorted and my bill credited to the correct amount. Was told I would be rang in the next 24/48 hours by someone from Eircom (As you can guess NOTHING)

4 - The broadband had been playing up aswell, reported a fault and engineer came and put note thru letterbox saying the fault had been fixed. However a week later the internet kept disconnecting and reconnecting and when I was put onto the faults department they had no recollection of my account number and said I was not on their system. Was told this was down to having put in an order for efibre and accounts being switched. Still waiting for someone else from Eircom to ring me

5 - Today Wednesday the 25th of June I received a letter from Eircom from the overdue accounts section requesting that the money I owed (€288) be paid otherwise my service would be cut off.

Seriously I don't have the time and energy to keep chasing ye up. Between this and the efibre it has been a total shambles on your side. All I get from customer service on the phone and from ye is apologies but no end result
    Go to your local TD. My uncle had problems with getting eircom and a visit to the TD really helped them out.

Back again.......

Any chance of a response?? Posted Thursday and ye claim to have a 12 hour response time...............

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Cork981

I had roughly the same issue with my account not being found and my phone kept getting disabled.

This went on from December to June with no resolution so ended up switching to vodafone which got me up and running in a week.

Back again.......

Hi Town Man

Apologies for the delay, I was not available to pick up your query but I agree it should have been picked up sooner, our advised response time is 24 hours (which has well passed since your query - apologies). The 12hrs response is indicative of the average response time we manage to hit.

I will be happy to look in to this for you if you would like to PM me the account number associated - I'm aware you have sent your efibre order number in the past but I'm unable to gain access to your existing account with this unfortunately.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Town Man

Apologies for the delay, I was not available to pick up your query but I agree it should have been picked up sooner, our advised response time is 24 hours (which has well passed since your query - apologies). The 12hrs response is indicative of the average response time we manage to hit.

I will be happy to look in to this for you if you would like to PM me the account number associated - I'm aware you have sent your efibre order number in the past but I'm unable to gain access to your existing account with this unfortunately.

Thanks
    Al

Alan in response to your PM

1 - I was told by a lady on the phone after I dialled 1901 that I would be put on a package asap and that they would apply the package from the name changeover at the start of March

2 - I have spoken to your agents at least 3 times on the phone about this since and they promised me they'd put me on the cheaper BROADBAND ONLY package so why has this not been done yet? They assured me this would be done. So in fact I have been billed incorrectly as your agents on the phone are unable to do their job properly

3 - You have told me I am in the process of being cut off by Eircom for not paying my bills but why should I have to pay this false amount to keep connected?? Again your agents on the phone told me the cheaper discount package would be applied to my account from the start of March!!!

4- Again it appears to me as if Eircom are taking the easy option by cutting off my service.

Advertisement