Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Initially Banned From soccer forum for 3 months downgraded to 1 month.

Options
  • 22-04-2014 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭

I have been banned for reaching 5 yellow cards.

I got carded for saying chelski last week but there are numerous other posters that said the same and have not been carded. I think the inconsistencies are unfair tbh. I wish to challenge the card that Mickeroo issued.

I though it was 5 yellows for a ban but it turns out its now 4. I still wish to challenge the card in question.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You are arguing that you should only have 4 cards rather than 5. Even if I agree with you (which would bre highly debateable as you used the term "Cleski" which many Chelsea fans/posters consider offensive), your 4 cards would still earn you a 1 month ban

Hence rather than discuss the merits or otherwise of a card for using the term "Chelski" (and to be clear any future use of this term by anyone in teh forum can be expected to result in a card) I am going to keep this simple and say that you are due a minimum of a month ban regardless and therefore I'm upholding that ban

In terms of the alleged "inconsistencies" the Soccer forum relies more than any other in thre Sports category on reported posts. It is simply not possible for the local mods to follow every thread when you can have getting on for 3,000 posts in a forum in a single day. This particular appeal is not to consider such allegations regardless. You are due a minimum 1 month ban and potentially a 3 month one. If you wish to discuss tey merits or otherwise of being able to wind up Chelsea fans with such a term, I would suggest leaving it until the annual Soccer Forum Feedback thread

You may ask for an Admin to review this if you wish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Beasty wrote: »
    You are arguing that you should only have 4 cards rather than 5. Even if I agree with you (which would bre highly debateable as you used the term "Cleski" which many Chelsea fans/posters consider offensive), your 4 cards would still earn you a 1 month ban

Hence rather than discuss the merits or otherwise of a card for using the term "Chelski" (and to be clear any future use of this term by anyone in teh forum can be expected to result in a card) I am going to keep this simple and say that you are due a minimum of a month ban regardless and therefore I'm upholding that ban

In terms of the alleged "inconsistencies" the Soccer forum relies more than any other in thre Sports category on reported posts. It is simply not possible for the local mods to follow every thread when you can have getting on for 3,000 posts in a forum in a single day. This particular appeal is not to consider such allegations regardless. You are due a minimum 1 month ban and potentially a 3 month one. If you wish to discuss tey merits or otherwise of being able to wind up Chelsea fans with such a term, I would suggest leaving it until the annual Soccer Forum Feedback thread

You may ask for an Admin to review this if you wish

I accept the ban of 1 month. You also say potential 3 month, how is that decided if the mod has told me its a 1 month ban ?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I accept the ban of 1 month. You also say potential 3 month, how is that decided if the mod has told me its a 1 month ban ?
    Basically it was a miscount. You picked up your 3rd yellow of the season on 3rd April and should have been banned for 2 weeks then but received no ban then.

You picked up your 4th with the Chelski comment on 11 April - that should have been a further 1 month ban,

You then picked up your 5th of the season on 19 April - that should have been a 3 month ban.

However the mods did not spot the 2 "early season" cards (picked up in August 2013) and only issued a 2 week ban initially on 19 April. They spotted the mistake but realising that they had not issued all the bans they should have leading up to this they showed mercy and only upgraded it to 1 month rather than the 3 months they could have. This way you end up serving 1 month in total. You are clearly aware the ban was actually downgraded from 3 months to 1 month as you say so in the thread title.

If the mods had followed the letter of the charter you would have picked up a total of 2 weeks plus 1 month plus 3 months - ie 4 months 2 weeks, so to date you are at least actually 3 months 2 weeks behind where you could be on bans this season (it was also recognised that if all the bans had been impelmented when they should have been you would have had less time/fewer opportunities to break the charter!)

When does my ban expire ??

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's one month from 19/4, but I'm not sure if that's 30 or 31 days.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement