Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flying with baby with recent ear infection

Options
  • 22-04-2014 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hi, We are going on holiday in 4 weeks and just yesterday my 14 month old was diagnosed with quite a bad ear infection. I am sure he will be fine by then but has anyone any experience of flying after a recent ear infection? I am worried he could be in pain on take off and landing.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

I would have it checked before flying to make sure it was completely gone

We gave your lad calpol half an hour before the flight and made sure he was drinking out of his bottle for take off and landing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭ariana`

We were in the US in 2011 when my then 14mth old had an ear infection. We flew home 3 days into the course of antibiotics, the doctor over there gave us an extra strong antibiotic because we were flying so soon. He was fine and the flight home was a lot easier than the flight over, he actually slept most of the way home in the bassinet provided.

Advertisement