Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to close BOI Current Account?

Options
  • 22-04-2014 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

Just wondering if I can close my BOI current account over the phone or online? I have cancelled / redirected all payments and can transfer the balance online once I know how I can close this account without having to visit a branch.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Hols_addict[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us on Boards. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]There are 2 options available to close your account. This can be done in any nearby branch with photo identification (either passport or driving licence) or if you prefer you can send a written instruction to your account holding branch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Regrettably, it is not possible to officially close the account over the phone or online.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]It is also possible there may be transaction charges due to date on the account. Upon letter request or visit to a nearby branch, any fees will be deducted prior to the closure of the account. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]With either instruction, you can request a bank draft for the balance in your account. Please advise the name this is to be payable to or you may prefer a bank transfer. In this case, you will need to provide the relevant banking details of the bank account you are transferring to i.e. BIC and IBAN and name on the receiving bank account. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The link here will help you with address details for your branch and our branch locations.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you have any further queries please do contact us here again.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

Advertisement