Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We want our Money Back Irish Water

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

fair play to them. pity more estates dont protest as well. theres a bit of fight left in cork!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

emo72 wrote: »
    fair play to them. pity more estates dont protest as well. theres a bit of fight left in cork!

I suspect it was the type of social makeup of the estate that resulted in this. I heard some of the reasons why they were protesting and a lot of them were off the wall crazy. Radiation was one. Then the Guard being told about oath. I mean for god sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Sully wrote: »
    I suspect it was the type of social makeup of the estate that resulted in this. I heard some of the reasons why they were protesting and a lot of them were off the wall crazy. Radiation was one. Then the Guard being told about oath. I mean for god sake.

Completely inappropriate response, TBH, the ONLY thing actually wrong here is in bold.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Completely inappropriate response, TBH, the ONLY thing actually wrong here is in bold.

What's god got to do with this?!?

I suspect it was the type of social makeup of the estate that resulted in this. .

charming that. a bit too working class was it? or maybe an estate hit hardest by the recession and unemployment? not really their fault.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

I think 1 of the residents blamed god as well

What's god got to do with this?!?

god is a total fiction and your introduction of same invalidates your argument and validates the protesters position.

In this case actual people can stop a multi-million euro company from doing potentially invalid work having squandered 500 million and being the recipients of €1BL HOUSEHOLD TAX.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

I suspect that it was the type of people who actually are at breaking point and barely existing financially as it is... social makeup of the estate.. get over yourself........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

god is a total fiction and your introduction of same invalidates your argument and validates the protesters position.

Are you for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

In this case actual people can stop a multi-million euro company from doing potentially invalid work having squandered 500 million and being the recipients of €1BL HOUSEHOLD TAX.

Have you got something wrong with your caps lock?

• Advertisement

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Are you for real?

Real. Real, real.

We are not the rebel county for NOTHING>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

God is very real for many people and His existence, or not, is irrelevant to a discussion on water meters.

As for "potentially invalid work", are you serious?

Have you got something wrong with your caps lock?

Yes, actually I have, my apologies, GOD DOES NOT EXIST.

This thread is about people actually standing up for themselves, for real. As a result of this actin YOU will ALL pay more for your water.

God is very real for many people and His existence, or not, is irrelevant to a discussion on water meters.

As for "potentially invalid work", are you serious?

It's TOTALLY OFF TOPIC, god has no place in this discussion.

It's TOTALLY OFF TOPIC, god has no place in this discussion.

Says the guy who brought it up...

Anyway; yes lads get back on topic :P

i remember when this thread was about an estate that put up some resistance to water meters. i hope they rip them all up.

Says the guy who brought it up...

Anyway; yes lads get back on topic :P

Says the guy WHO did not read the thread.

I would NEVER bring up god, I hate the concept, and I don't want it ion my thread. And it has nothing to do with YOU paying €400 in water and €400 a year in household taxes.

i remember when this thread was about an estate that put up some resistance to water meters. i hope they rip them all up.

In a factual way the resistance is futile, all the estate will actually be billed MORE than if they were to have been metered.

Facts are this water company should not exist.

Why should we be one of the few countries who doesn't pay for water? You're free to head down to the stream and fill up your kettle if you wish, the treatment costs hundreds of millions - someone has to pay for it.

yeah but irish water isnt revenue, so dont pay it theres feck all they can do. the reason revenue dont get this one because its not a "tax" but a utility company. bord gais were given this gig because they had the inhouse experience, then they went and spent 50 million? on consultants to find out how to set it up. that one thing is enough to justify the country being raized to the ground.

remember endas "new way of doing things"? it was a lie.

• Advertisement

Why should we be one of the few countries who doesn't pay for water? You're free to head down to the stream and fill up your kettle if you wish, the treatment costs hundreds of millions - someone has to pay for it.

it might have passed you by. we already pay for this. however that revenue is being taken by the government to pay the national debt.

new taxes have to be invented to make up the shortfall.

it might have passed you by. we already pay for this. however that revenue is being taken by the government to pay the national debt.

I apologise, and retract my comments, if we already do.

It is already done, all the councils around Ireland collected RATES for instance to provide a non profit supply of services, after RATES were dropped, income tax and VAT was increased to compensate.

All the physical work of supplying water is already paid for, Irish Water will NOT actually MANUFACTURE water, they just take over existing treatment facilities and charge everyone so their CEO can be another Angela Keirns in the very near future.

I apologise, and retract my comments, if we already do.

dont worry about it. it been "spun" non stop and nobody ever picks anyone up on it. there was a 2% tax put on the road tax to cover it and another percentage on general taxation too. how do people think its been paid up till now.

the IMF forced this on us and none of our goverments have the bottle to push back. i understand for all politicians that the price of this doesnt affect them as much as someone on the breadline. its been quoted as being about 250 per year on average, watch the average hit 1000 per year as the years go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Do we? Where and how do we pay this? I've checked my pay slip and my tax returns and I see no mention of this Water tax.

ord gais were given this gig because they had the inhouse experience, t.

Five Hundred Million of YOUR EURO in consultancy would refute this, but it is your money or your benefit money if not paying taxes,

Uriel. wrote: »
    Do we? Where and how do we pay this? I've checked my pay slip and my tax returns and I see no mention of this Water tax.

its in general taxation. do you expect to get a payslip with a breakdown of everything your tax goes on?

who the **** has been paying for water up till now? water plants and water haven't been invented in the last year?

Uriel. wrote: »

You got me hands up, I surrender, it is not a water tax, sorry.

So I don't have to pay it now? Right?

Five Hundred Million of YOUR EURO in consultancy would refute this, but it is your money or your benefit money if not paying taxes,
    mate are you sure its 500 million? i thought that was a typo and its 50 million?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

its in general taxation. do you expect to get a payslip with a breakdown of everything your tax goes on?

who the **** has been paying for water up till now? water plants and water haven't been invented in the last year?

So you're saying that there's a magical line in the sand where taxation policies don't or shouldn't change. I presume that this goes only one way..?

I'm guessing you didn't payable bin charges when they came in?

I'm guessing companies who do pay for their water should be seeking back taxes for paying for something that has already existed?

Pay per use makes perfect sense to me to be perfectly honest and has greater goods than simply a tax raising initiative

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement