Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We want our Money Back Irish Water

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

emo72 wrote: »
    who the **** has been paying for water up till now? water plants and water haven't been invented in the last year?

If our country was run the way it should be it would be the treatment we'd be paying for, not the water; but obviously this isn't even going to go towards improving water-related infrastructure, it'll just disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Red Nissan wrote: »
    You got me hands up, I surrender, it is not a water tax, sorry.

So I don't have to pay it now? Right?

No of course you don't. But just don't expect the service. Same for gas, electricity etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

mate are you sure its 500 million? i thought that was a typo and its 50 million?

Yes, over one billion euro is the estimated real costs of doing work that your local council has already done ~ we need to pay our CEO's massive money ~ like he has competition, FFS.

mate are you sure its 500 million? i thought that was a typo and its 50 million?

Nope, 500 million. What's actually that tough about setting it up? Surely they could just follow Britain's example and set it up the same way they did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Uriel. wrote: »
    Do we? Where and how do we pay this? I've checked my pay slip and my tax returns and I see no mention of this Water tax.
    It's there, right under the Gardai tax, the hospital tax, the teachers tax, the nurses tax, the road tax, the fire brigade tax, the ambulance tax, etc.

Hold it, no we just pay in lump sums and the government divides it up. For some reason they decided, over many years, to not spend the money on the water infrastructure. Doesn't mean that I didn't pay for it.

What gets me is that Irish Water are only a billing company. The local councils are still going to be the people doing the actual work for the next twelve years. The same people who haven't been doing it properly up until now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

No of course you don't. But just don't expect the service. Same for gas, electricity etc

Human rights. FREE resources, Earth, Wind, Water and Fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

water has always been payed for. i do expect it, im paying for it right now.

FFS.

Who says?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

A 'friend of mine' intends to fill the meter shore with concrete and thick plated steel, and won't pay 'his' bill. 'He' reckons it will be hilarious when they come out to cut 'him' off.

Is treated water a natural resource?

• Advertisement

water has always been payed for. i do expect it, im paying for it right now.

Are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

We want our money back. Nothing short of it.

I don't think the small claims court will work for this, may have better luck in legal discussion or politics.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement