Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRTB registration question

Options
  • 22-04-2014 7:14pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Would there be any advantage to "mis-register" a property with the prtb ?

For example to register a 4 bed detached as a 2 bed semi ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

horgan_p wrote: »
    Would there be any advantage to "mis-register" a property with the prtb ?

For example to register a 4 bed detached as a 2 bed semi ?

Yes it would increase your chances of being fined or audited

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

My apologies for not being clearer , I am a tenant - not a landlord. I had reason to look up my tenancy on the register, only to find all the details are incorrect. 1 is a typo, everything entered wrongly is something else. I'm just wondering why someone would do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

It could be a mistake by PRTB on a data entry, which is as simple as mixing up columns. If the LL had registered a 2 bed detached I would have guessed that maybe he is only declaring rent of 2 bedrooms. But the fact its a totally different house listed(makes not sense for tax dodging, as revenue would probably look at the property tax records anyway) makes it seem like an error.

Im not sure, but I think the details of size of house, number of bedrooms, type of house is for the PRTB rent index(which is so inaccurate and not a reflection of real rents IMO)

Advertisement