Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Full Refund Available

Options
  • 22-04-2014 7:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

Think it's only fair I post this up for anyone who bought BF4 and isn't happy with the issues with it.

Microsoft are currently issuing refunds to people who bought premium through them and also full refunds for the game if you bought it via download.

Yesterday and today 9 of us in the usual crew I game with all got full premium refunds which was €50 credited to our Microsoft accounts to use on the MS store to purchase whatever we wish.

We all also seem to still have premium (but for how long is anyones guess).

It's easily claimed via webchat by using this link and just fill in details.

So if you have been having issues like most use the link and get your refund. If you haven't had any issues you could be underhanded but thats for your conscious to decide :):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Do you get to keep the game though??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Lamposts wrote: »
    Do you get to keep the game though??

I only got the premium refunded, But the guy who got the full digital refund still has access to the game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

miju wrote: »
    I only got the premium refunded, But the guy who got the full digital refund still has access to the game

worth mentioning that they may remove access to the game at any time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Do you know if they're issuing refunds for hard copies?

Perhaps if I emailed them, and said i'd send the game back...

Do you know if they're issuing refunds for hard copies?

Unless you bough the game direct from them I'd very much doubt it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

miju wrote: »
    Unless you bough the game direct from them I'd very much doubt it

Thanks for the heads up anyway, the game's ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dubaicentral

Just a heads up on this. There is currently no official refund policy for this game and refunds probably should not have been offered. Sounds like an ill informed support professional or department. Also if you have you received a one off refund this time if there is any trouble with other purchases in the future i.e accidental purchases, purchases by a minor etc. you may struggle to get another refund on your account at that time.

If the purchase was made on an xbox one you will loose the license and will have to purchase again to gain access to the game. However if you are being refunded for content on the 360 Microsoft cannot take the license away from you but you will be required to delete the content and not use it again or run the risk of potentially getting an account ban or worse still a console ban for what is called marketplace theft. Basically getting a refund and keeping the product.

Although the account ban and console ban are highly unlikely I have seen it happen on the xbox forums.

Once again you'll probably be fine but if its widespread and people have copped that they can dupe support into giving multiple refunds they might come down hard. Also not actually saying your duping them into anything and support are probably just saying yes have a refund like plonkers.

Anyway just my 2 cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I don't get the above post?
    It's was well reported that ms
    Were offering refunds on bf4
    Premium because of the problems with it.
    Are you working for Ms?
    Are you saying that the reports
    In the games press were false?.
    I think you are misinformed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I think the main issue would be if someone got a refund and continued to play the game and take advantage of the premium features.

If someone gets a refund and deletes the game and doesn't download it again, then there should be no issue.

Microsoft are likely to go back to EA to get back the refunds they have given out (just as any retailer who accepts a faulty good back from a customer will then return that to their supplier to get their money back)

EA may then attempt to lock the accounts of users who have been given refunds. Given that Battlelog records everything you do in the game, EA would easily be able to identify customers who have received a refund and are continuing to play the game, and if they communicate this to Microsoft, then Microsoft could take action against the user for marketplace theft or some other breach of the terms of use.

If a lot of people get refunds on BF4 EA would be stupid to not take action against users who continue to play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dubaicentral

Yes true ign had an article a few months ago claiming ms were giving refunds however this was never confirmed by ms and the normal refund policy applies.

• Advertisement

Yes true ign had an article a few months ago claiming ms were giving refunds however this was never confirmed by ms and the normal refund policy applies.

It was in Forbes, MSN, Mirror as well so it would be safe to say its confirmed. There's also hundreds on the Reddit thread all successfully getting refunds.

Personally, I couldn't care whether they take premium or not from my account, the game is unplayable at a competitive level which is why Ive given up on it and got my refund.

Was also like I said in my OP its up to peoples conscience what they do after they get refunded.

Advertisement