Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-liquid cigarettes

Options
  • 22-04-2014 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hey guys.
    I'm on e cigarette now over 3 weeks. I tryed 24 mg , 18 mg I found it to strong . I smoke 12 mg.
    It's okey , but get cravings for a real cigarette . But when I smoke real one it is discusting and the taste like a paper.
    What did yous think ?
    Did anyone quit smoking ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

You'll get more helpful advice here OP.

Moved from Smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Six months since I bought an Ego and a Clearomiser, will never smoke again. At three weeks your craving cigarettes is very likely end or at least be way weaker.....the awful taste off a cigarette is a real deal clincher....experiment with different liquids as you will likely get vapers tongue around this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Sandrutute

lord lucan wrote: »
    You'll get more helpful advice here OP.

Moved from Smoking.

Thank you ;)

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Six months since I bought an Ego and a Clearomiser, will never smoke again. At three weeks your craving cigarettes is very likely end or at least be way weaker.....the awful taste off a cigarette is a real deal clincher....experiment with different liquids as you will likely get vapers tongue around this time :)

I have ego as well. I get craving but i don't like the taste of it :D It saves you hell a lot of money too. What flavours would you recommend ? I tryed Sherbet fizz is the best i have found . Skitless and Tutti futti are the same , no difference , Strawberry Mint is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Sandrutute wrote: »
    I have ego as well. I get craving but i don't like the taste of it :D It saves you hell a lot of money too. What flavours would you recommend ? I tryed Sherbet fizz is the best i have found . Skitless and Tutti futti are the same , no difference , Strawberry Mint is nice.

ha ha haaa....flavours...impossible to know somebody else's tastes in Liquids....having said that there are a few that are kind of in everybody's kit...Menthol is one, never liked the cigarette but the vape is grand, try some tobaccco flavours too and after that take a look at the thread on liquids where people give their impressions of the zillion if different liquids out there....

I moved away from an Ego after a month onto a mech and tried out several diferrent types of atomisers, all rebuildable and git into making my own coils etc....this is not for everyone but it becomes a hobby tbh....not that I bloody well need one :D

• Advertisement

dePeatrick wrote: »
    ha ha haaa....flavours...impossible to know somebody else's tastes in Liquids....having said that there are a few that are kind of in everybody's kit...Menthol is one, never liked the cigarette but the vape is grand, try some tobaccco flavours too and after that take a look at the thread on liquids where people give their impressions of the zillion if different liquids out there....

I moved away from an Ego after a month onto a mech and tried out several diferrent types of atomisers, all rebuildable and git into making my own coils etc....this is not for everyone but it becomes a hobby tbh....not that I bloody well need one :D

I never got what are the difference between cleromiser and atomisers ? They are both the same containers :-D and cost 10 eu or 15 euro. Plius for both you have to change after a month..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I never got what are the difference between cleromiser and atomisers ? They are both the same containers :-D and cost 10 eu or 15 euro. Plius for both you have to change after a month..
    The type of atty DP is talking about is either an RDA/RTA which needs an occasional rebuild or a less occasional rewick but you don't have to keep buying them if they're not broken...just rebuild or rewick it and it's new for the price of pennies-worth of materials + time.
    BASK IN THE GLORY OF ITEMS I HAVE BOUGHT via THE MAGIC OF SELF-QUOTING!
    grindle wrote: »
    A brief history of atomisers (where I ignore some cack that existed before I started vaping which involved tea-bag materials).

Dripping Atomiser

b7d88a73.jpg
    Has no filler, only accepts a few drops at a time.

Cartomiser

Looks the same on the outside but has filler feeding the wick inside. Needs to be topped up every once in a while.

Boge-510-Cartomizer-Filler-Material.jpg

Carto w/tank
    Carto has a hole punched into it so the juice in the tank soaks the filler which feeds the wick. Tank typically holds 3-6ml of juice.
    144666d1350946335-proper-terminology-carto-tank-what-lol-cartotank.jpg

Clearomiser

Has a tank of juice surrounding a coil that has wicks being fed by wicks resting in the juice.

Kanger-T2-Clearomizer-5-pack-clear.jpg

Repairable Dripping Atomiser (RDA)

Coil built by user with wire (Kanthal preferably, or Nichrome) and wick (silica or cotton or ceramic/silica fibre or airstone ceramic or stainless steel - SS - mesh or SS rope, or de or or, or we having a laugh with how many wick-types there...or?), can generally hold more than a few drops. Anywhere from 10-20 is the norm.

P1000859.jpg

Repairable Tank Atomiser (RTA)

Coil (generally) built by user; SS mesh or rope are outperforming other wicks at the moment but others can be used.

RTAs built with the preference of steel in mind are called Genesis atomisers, and are usually pretty difficult for newbies to cope with (SS is conductive and is prone to short circuiting without proper care) although ribbon wire has made it much easier to deal with.

zatty4.jpg

Other types exist that are basically better-performing versions of clearomisers...

xRTA7.jpg

...and another few exist that are like dripping atomisers you can put into a carto tank...

img20130201145235.jpg

...and others besides that, many variations on a theme.

makes more sence to me :D Thank you . Really don't know how to open my one first so i leave it at the point where i'll buy the new ones :D

one more question . How do you know when your clearomiser is burn out ?
    My Clearomiser started leaking, when i smoke it some times i get juice pop in to my mouth .
    Is that an indication that the cleamiser is gone ?
    I have Ego CE6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

one more question . How do you know when your clearomiser is burn out ?
    My Clearomiser started leaking, when i smoke it some times i get juice pop in to my mouth .
    Is that an indication that the cleamiser is gone ?
    I have Ego CE6

They're leaky at the best of times, but if it's shooting into your mouth it's time to get a new one.

You'll know they are burnt out as it will taste absolutely HORRIBLE. It's like inhaling burnt plastic! Believe me you'll know. Happened me this morning and I nearly threw up.

You CAN replace the heads etc, but for the sake of a few quid I'd buy a few new clearos and give them a whirl!

• Advertisement

They're leaky at the best of times, but if it's shooting into your mouth it's time to get a new one.

You'll know they are burnt out as it will taste absolutely HORRIBLE. It's like inhaling burnt plastic! Believe me you'll know. Happened me this morning and I nearly threw up.

You CAN replace the heads etc, but for the sake of a few quid I'd buy a few new clearos and give them a whirl!

Oh then all 3 heads are burt ..
    Few quid ?? 15 euro for 1 ...
    Rip off ...

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kikidelvin

check out some of the online vendors and you will find some great bargains etc.

Yeah i found 1 clearomiser for 2$ so it worked out a bargain for me ! ships in 3 days !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

The walk in shops are expensive, but even then it's only 4 or 5 quid per clearo. You must be buying fancy expensive ones. It's odd that all 3 would burn out. I'm using a cheapo one for 5 weeks now and it's working fine. Get your money back and try a different kit. If all 3 burnt out very quickly you got a shoddy product.

Also: 15 quid while a rip off, is better than 9:60 on a box of ciggies right?

The walk in shops are expensive, but even then it's only 4 or 5 quid per clearo. You must be buying fancy expensive ones. It's odd that all 3 would burn out. I'm using a cheapo one for 5 weeks now and it's working fine. Get your money back and try a different kit. If all 3 burnt out very quickly you got a shoddy product.

Also: 15 quid while a rip off, is better than 9:60 on a box of ciggies right?

I buy Ce4 Clearomiser , they cost 8 eu for 1.6 ml ..
    well i start tasting the burn taste and it starts leaking. i got cheap ones from amazon , 1 week and it's burned ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I buy Ce4 Clearomiser , they cost 8 eu for 1.6 ml ..
    well i start tasting the burn taste and it starts leaking. i got cheap ones from amazon , 1 week and it's burned ..

Do yourself a favour and get one of these: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/maxibdc.htm

And some of these: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aspireheads.htm

When it starts to taste burnt you just screw out the head (link 2 above) and replace that.

Ce4s are pretty old and fairly rubbish.

I trew the ****ty ego 650 mah away and I bought a ego gt double kit for 55 euro ! I got wall charger aswell ! So I get loads of vapour and the clearomiser didn't burn out now for 4 weeks i'm so happy and I can order the replacement heads asweel that works out way cheaper. And if anyone interested in ce5 and t3 . There is a lady on fb that sometimes has ce5 - 5 clearomisers for 20 eu and t3 - 5 of them for 25 so it comes in a boxes!! Great quality my friends buy it there. !! Sorry I just couldn't resist sharing that with you !! I'm super doper happy !

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Glad to see you got sorted.

Now you better hope you don't get shinyitis like a lot of vapers :)

Advertisement