Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change house number

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Guys, I am not superstitious and do not care about all this number stuff.
    The problem is that I am planning to sell after 5 years (and go for a bigger one as i cannot afford it now) and worried about the resale value. This house is 5K less than another one that was sold in the same neighborhood 1 month back.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,886 ✭✭✭✭L1011

suave.4u wrote: »
    The problem is that I am planning to sell after 5 years (and go for a bigger one as i cannot afford it now) and worried about the resale value. This house is 5K less than another one that was sold in the same neighborhood 1 month back.

5k of what price? In the Dublin close commuter belt or not?

Being concerned about other people's superstitions is probably worse than being superstitious yourself.

Another thing to consider is that with postcodes its quite likely your house number will be fixed in stone from that point on, so "12A" or naming tactics won't change anything. Even without that you are still going to have to give the real address as tied to the MPRN on the BER cert at sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

In five years' time the number on the front door/gate may well be the least of your worries in terms of resale value. Have you been asleep since 2006?

And anyway, if the house is 5K cheaper than one sold recently (assuming all other variables are equal), and this is down to the number on the front door - then if you have to sell a bit cheaper when it comes to it, well you're quits then. You got it cheaper, you sell it cheaper.

If it's not down to the number on the front door, then it's either not a comparable house, or prices are falling in which case you'd be mad to be buying on the assumption of selling for a profit in 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I think those with the financial sense to be able to get a mortgage in 5 yrs time wont likely be foolish enough to be concerned by a superstition like this. If a house has been used as a drug dealership or the venue of a violent crime that would be different but no. 13?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I would rename the property Friday...13th

Maybe ask Minister Leo to change it to 131D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Use XIII, it'll look much classier.

And I'm sure there are half a dozen perfectly logical reasons for that outside of "Oh noes, it's number 13!" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Sun in Capri

It would not have entered my head to be concerned about buying a house which is numbered 13 and I think the majority of people would feel the same. i would absolutely not let a great house go by me for the sake of it being number 13.

Advertisement