Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing dual light switch

Options
  • 22-04-2014 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I am swapping a Volex switch for Click switch, on the Volex switch there are 4 live wires
    going to A, B1, A1 and B
    The Click switch contacts are as follows at the top of the swtch there are two contacts for Com 002, at the bottom are 4 contacts L1, L2 and L1 and L2.
    I need to know which corresponds to which, any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ShamFeen

Can you post a pic? First of all the best thing to do is get a professional to do the work. It is very dangerous. If not please ensure that you isolate the power supply and check with a volt meter that the supply is dead. Please post a pic so I can know what you have at the existing switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 bigears1

Thanks for that, I would have attached pics but there appears to be a restriction preventing
    me from adding attachments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

A=C
    B=C
    A1 =L1
    B1= L1
    commons on volex are marked by single letters the out going sides are marked by a letter and a number
    A is normally the common for a 1gang switch b is 2gang c 3gang etc

Advertisement