Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to Greyhound bins

Options
  • 22-04-2014 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend an alternative to Greyhound bins for domestic collection in the city. Most important thing would be reliability and not missing collection dates. Been with Greyhound about 9 months and today is the fourth time they've not collected. Is that par for the course for the other collection co's in Galway or can anyone recommend someone better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

city bins, you wont regret it.
    3 huge bins at €12.50 a month.
    depending where you live, if its close to me, you'll have the bins emptied at 6.30am every monday without fail, which includes bank holidays. no messing around

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

You should have checked Boards before you joined G-hound. City Bin have been looking after Galway refuse for years and I've yet to hear a valid complaint about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

With barna waste since they took over the council run. No issues and bins collected on time all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Im with Barna Waste also since the City Council stopped collection, they are on time every collection day and never had a bin not collected and always around in the early morning. Great service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Im with Barna Waste also since the City Council stopped collection, they are on time every collection day and never had a bin not collected and always around in the early morning. Great service
    I'm with Barna Waste for three years now and more than happy with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I'm with City Bin on Rahoon Road. Picked up 6:30 every Tuesday since they started. Never any problems. Text message the evening before to remind you which bin to put out. Never any problem if you have an extra bag of rubbish beside your normal bin.

My parents are with Greyhound in Claddagh for about a year. Not uncommon for bins not to be collected on the scheduled Wednesday, and Greyhounds answer seems to be to leave them out for a couple of extra days in case they get around to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

Put Greyhound.ie into google and have a look.Makes very interesting reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

Right, city bins seem to be the one then, mostly because I've just chatted to O the neighbours and they seem happy with them. Just going to run down the rest of the balance I have with greyhound and then swap over. Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Superhoops

Again Greyhound finally turned up today at 4-45pm i suppose they did turn up on the correct day for a change.. Does anyone know if i am under contract with Greyhound, I am 100% going back to City Bins,

Advertisement