Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Quick question on OPKs?

Options
  • 22-04-2014 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi All,
    I just started Ovulation Predictor Tests this Month and bang on the day that my fertility friend app on my mobile said I was fertile I got my 2 pink positive lines!:)) I was soo happy to see these as I wanted to make sure I was ovulating because I'm 40 (Although I always have a regular period). Now I just wanted to ask if I did BD on the day before the positive opt and for 2 days after should that be enough BD'ing for now?? Or should we be still trying? Also one more thing about OPKs can they be used as a Pregnancy test? Thanks a mill as It's a bit confusing as to when to be BD'ng. Any advise much appreciated!:)) X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

It certainly sounds like you should be well covered for this month - fingers crossed for you.

Just in case anyone is interested in timing of sexy times if they've been trying a while - I would recommend the "sperm meets egg plan" (google SMEP). It's very well defined and manageable - you have sex every second day from day 6/8 until you get a positive opk, then sex 3 days in a row, a 1 day break, and 1 final day "just in case"! Anything after that is just for fun! It might be useful for someone trying a little longer to maximise the chance of catching that egg!

Regarding using opks as pregnancy tests - they certainly seem to work but they have less sensitivity and less specificity (risk of false positives) so I would stick with the pregnancy tests. You can get them very cheaply online - some of the dipstick ones cost only cents and are very sensitive.

G'luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 skylarr

Hi

Thanks very much for that info Contrary Mary! That was a great read to on SMEP I've never heard of that before!

Yeah Please God I have this month covered! We're really starting to "Try" now the past few months. Before I wasn't calculating or anything before but all this info is just what I needed as my clock is ticking fast now lol!:))

I'm only 5 dpo but will hopefully I'll be on the 2 week wait forum soon!

Yeah I don't think I would really trust an opt for a pregnancy test unless I was about 2 weeks late and didn't have a pregnancy test at hand. I actually had a negative test on my third child only to find out that I was pregnant a week later!:)

Baby Dust To You All TTC !! X

Advertisement