Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't be home to accept Deliveries! How can I receive my parts?

Options
  • 23-04-2014 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I'm planning on ordering computer parts to build my own Pc in a couple of months but I'm at work 9 to 6 mon-fri at the moment. And my flatmates will also most likely be out, nor would I feel comfortable trusting them with my delivery.
    How can I get around this?.
    Note - I live in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Deliver to the job or yo momas

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dman15333

Try Parcel Motel, just sign up, send it to the Parcel Motel delivery address you get with your PMID and they will deliver it to the lockers if you have one locally. It's all explained on the website www.parcelmotel.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

The boxes they get delivered in are big, maybe a meter wide and high so keep that in mind with parcelmotel to make sure they can accommodate

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bluevelvet

I just read up a little on parcel motel. It;s a good idea although it's alot of hassle. The computer case is larger than their allowed dimensions so there will be an extra charge on that. The biggest problem is actually picking them up, as I don't have a car. I would have to order a taxi and that would just be more cost. It would end up costing me €20-€30 just to get my delivery.
    I'm thinking I'll just have to wait until I get some time off and plan my order so I'll be there on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dman15333

Can't really think of another way. The only thing you could do is if a courier is delivering it see will they deliver on Saturday, I think Nightline and DHL do some Saturday deliveries but I'm not to sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You wont be able to predict the day it comes very accurately. Ive had HWVS orders come in 3 days and in 8 days, both with all items in stock.

No way you can deliver to the office?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Do you have a friendly local shop/newsagent?

Half thinking of advertising/promoting a free service like that to get customers in the door/generate goodwill etc. as we already have several customers who live close to the shop doing just that. ie. Addressing to or at least having an understanding with An Post package delivery posties to have their Amazon packages etc delivered to our shop where they know they can be picked up 8 am to 10 pm 364 days of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Get it delivered to work or collect it from DHL urself.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bluevelvet

I think I'll just have to hold off for awhile. I may be able to post to my parents place and have my brother pick them up when he visits as he has a car. I'll figure something out.

Advertisement