Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction practical / Irish essay

• 23-04-2014 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

So these are the two things that are concerning me. I have never finished the construction practical on time and its on Thursday week, such a short time to do it (4 hours)........also I have kinda ignored the irish essay the whole of the leaving cert although I have have quite a good standard of irish....any tips/discussion much appreciated tanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

pdev wrote: »
    So these are the two things that are concerning me. I have never finished the construction practical on time and its on Thursday week, such a short time to do it (4 hours)........also I have kinda ignored the irish essay the whole of the leaving cert although I have have quite a good standard of irish....any tips/discussion much appreciated tanks

As far as construction goes all that can be said is hurry up!! Keep yourself to yourself and avoid looking around. Mark, Cut, Put together, Get outta there!

As for Irish.. well maybe someone else will get onto you about that but my advice is just vocab, vocab and some vocab... all with correct grammar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Regarding the Construction Practical, what I stress is to understand the drawings. Look at previous years drawings and see if you would be able to understand them on your own. Make sure you know all the possible joints that could come up. To be honest, the same few joints are re used year after year, just used in different places. When the day comes, knuckle down straight away, take time to understand the drawing and double check everything that is marked out. If you mess up, there won't be any spare pieces given out! Don't worry about it, you will get it done, nearly everyone does!

Advertisement